Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    July 21

My birthday and I'll be home all day.
    There is another thread which says: App updates available for TouchPad today!!!
    sometime prior to the 19th? -- that is when mine arrives

OR IN THE COMING MONTHS?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I heard from a friend, who would know these things even if they probably should not be discussing them publicaly, that the update was released a few days ago to developers in the early access program. I also remember seeing some strange tweets telling developers to go check out the private boards for important information during the past week.
    If the information I heard is correct then my guess would be that the update arrives sometime in the next week or two.
    Last edited by hjime223; 07/10/2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    July 15th. That's the real launch TP date- for UK, Canada (as other people pointed out), many US retailers like staples, radio shack (yeah, they barely count) and that's when the HP reseller launch is. So the July 1st was sort of pre-launch. But I agree with gritted teeth, kill the bugs and lag and random reboots. Good thing there isn't a carrier to slow this down. If this gets screwed, it's all HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    July 21

My birthday and I'll be home all day.
    Sounds like a great day for it

We have the same Birthday and are both in Alabama Would you be an Auburn fan also or would that be too much to ask for.
    Quote Originally Posted by oswego View Post
    Sounds like a great day for it

We have the same Birthday and are both in Alabama Would you be an Auburn fan also or would that be too much to ask for.
    That'd be too much to ask for, Barner. My blood is crimson.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRise View Post
    There is another thread which says: App updates available for TouchPad today!!!
    That thread is just someone who had a lot of outdated apps they had carried over from their Pre to their Touchpad.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm going to hope for something in the next week. If HP cant push something in two week without having to worry about carrier support than this thing is going back. HP wants to claim the status of better than number one well that also means offering support better than the rest. HP we dont want to hear that you know there are some bugs and your working to fix them. We want you to fix them before we have time to complain about them. Thats being better than number one.
    End of August if we're lucky. Aug 31st. Not that I want that , but thats my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Webosfan12 has been pretty much gauranteeing July 25th. So I say July 25
    Plus, he's an HP Rep so if anyone knows, it would be him.
    Hopefully soon. I cannot check my mail via IMAP on the TouchPad. Constantly losing sound every few hours, requiring a reboot.
    their next earnings release is 18 august.
    should be well before that but they are f*§$&%s that donīt even know about customer value....
    "in coming months"
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    HP has quite a few things on its plate for the first update. It will probably address issues found by developers in the ENYO framework. Realistically, August 8 seems about right, but they might be able to turn it by the 1st.
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Webosfan12 has been pretty much gauranteeing July 25th. So I say July 25
    I hope he's right (or late). I'm really enjoying my TP, but the 30 day window of return is all the longer I'm going to hold out for HP to release a patch (hopefully the Quick Office patch for editing). I don't want to jump to Android, because their ecosystem isn't in much better shape, right now. At least it's all but guaranteed that that'll improve.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12