1.    #1  
    I always loved how my pre+ would load pages opened in a new card while browsing the original card. Does anyone know why the touchpad doesnt do this? For example, I like to view the new posts at precentral. Threads I'm interested in reading I open in a new card. While the new card is opening I click back on the original card to continue reviewing the new posts. In the meantime the other cards would load in the background saving time. On the touchpad they dont load. This is similar to the what the ipad does. What gives?
    I think it's a bug. If you stay in the card such that the page begins loading before switching back, it will finish loading. But it should start loading regardless, and doesn't.
    I think they new card needs to go fullscreen before it starts loading.
    I noticed the same thing. However, if after you click on open in a new page you wait for a sec or two for it to start loading, I've found that it will continue to load when you go to the original card. Hopefully this will be fixed in that upcoming update.

Also, another thing I've noticed is that when I've opened something in a new card and I go back to the original page and try opening another link in a new card, it will instead just bring up copy and will act like I clicked on the link. Again, hopefully fixed in the update
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7412002 View Post
    Also, another thing I've noticed is that when I've opened something in a new card and I go back to the original page and try opening another link in a new card, it will instead just bring up copy and will act like I clicked on the link. Again, hopefully fixed in the update
    I can confirm this behaviour with WebOs 3.0.2 on my Touchpad.

Do you think the "Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness" patch has to do with this? Do you have this patch installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    I can confirm this behaviour with WebOs 3.0.2 on my Touchpad.

Do you think the "Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness" patch has to do with this? Do you have this patch installed?
    No. This has nothing to do with any patch. It is just another brilliant idea by the geniuses at HP to curtail the multi-tasking in webOS, in their constant endeavour to make webOS more like the other OSes out there. The irony is, that the other OSes are trying to be more and more like webOS.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    No. This has nothing to do with any patch. It is just another brilliant idea by the geniuses at HP to curtail the multi-tasking in webOS, in their constant endeavour to make webOS more like the other OSes out there. The irony is, that the other OSes are trying to be more and more like webOS.
    How is that a multi-tasking issue? The link simply becomes unsensitive to a hold gesture.

Are you saying that if a page needs to load in a card in the background, the original browser card cannot open a link in a new link until that page fully loads?
    Last edited by xsever; 10/05/2011 at 06:35 AM.