Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rennat
  1.    #1  
    We liked it a lot. She has a Pixi and I've got a Pre, and she was surprised to see the same OS on a tablet. Heh, she's not the most advanced when it comes to electronics and such. Anyway she really liked the TP a lot and it would be so easy for us to use it, since we've been using webOS for years.

I liked the TP, too. But where the heck is the alarm clock? I thought the TP I looked at was missing it, so I found another one and it was missing the alarm clock as well. Then I come here to the forums and discover other threads of folks who are dismayed as I am that it's missing. Really, HP? Out of all the time you had to write webOS 3.0 you couldn't find a few hours to code up an alarm clock?

I'm going to order the 32 GB bundle deal from QVC. That's a real good deal when combined with the $50 rebate. I'll just have to wait for it to ship on July 15, that's the only catch. Fair enough, it's a darn good deal.

One thing that really bothered me is the fact I could physically move the screen with my thumb around the edges. If I pressed in on it, the screen would sink into the frame a bit. Is this normal? Or is it just from people abusing the demo hardware at BestBuy?
    Last edited by speedtouch; 07/09/2011 at 08:28 PM.
    just got my touchpad a couple of hours ago. Hardware seems very solid, no moving screen for me. I love it, its what ive been looking for. The web browser so far has been near flawless. Went on speedtest.net, youtube, precentral.net and a few others it rendered all the pages well and pretty quickly!
    dont forget that it generally works with hulu.com, too!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    just got my touchpad a couple of hours ago. Hardware seems very solid, no moving screen for me. I love it, its what ive been looking for. The web browser so far has been near flawless. Went on speedtest.net, youtube, precentral.net and a few others it rendered all the pages well and pretty quickly!
    OK, that's what I figured. I think the demo unit at BB has been abused.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    dont forget that it generally works with hulu.com, too!
    Nice! I had no idea it would work with Hulu. That's very good news. Now all I need is VLC ported to the TP and I am in Heaven!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    yes, do not believe the demo models are what you get. i believe the one you purchase is better than the demo version..

also, hulu has not been a pleasant experience. it only worked with a 1 min trailer... no go on a full episode. it does the whole 'this episode is brought to you buy blah blah' and then i hear the sound of the commercial, no video, and the timer is frozen....
    That's awesome you guys get to enjoy webOS together. It's like having a wife/gf that also like to play poker or video games
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    That's awesome you guys get to enjoy webOS together. It's like having a wife/gf that also like to play poker or video games
    Haha! Well, she's not a webOS nut like me by any stretch of the imagination. But she does like it and it's very easy for her to use. Although she did mention to me the iPad 2's design is a lot prettier.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    my wife plays poker/video games with me although she prefers her iphone. Is it really a big deal about the alarm clock on the TP? I have one on my Pre 2 and a clock radio on my nightstand but that's just me.
    my TouchPad screen is like that. You can press it in.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    timeweb2 likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    my TouchPad screen is like that. You can press it in.
    Yikes. That's not good to hear.
  12.    #12  
    Does anyone know if the TP suffers from the "stuck in headphones mode" like the Pre/Pixi did?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    My screen is rock solid.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    alarm clock is coming soon
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    alarm clock is coming soon
    Source?
    The app store has a 99 cent alarm app