Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Can you only Print from Wireless Printers? I think the answer is Yes, but I didnt know if there was some sort of adapter to plug a USB into the charge port, or if it would work if your Printer has stranded USB input
    no, you can connect to a any hp printer on your network. I think the TouchPad will only auto detect wireless printers. You would have to manually enter the IP and a device name for other printers on your network. Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post
    Can you only Print from Wireless Printers? I think the answer is Yes, but I didnt know if there was some sort of adapter to plug a USB into the charge port, or if it would work if your Printer has stranded USB input
    I'm pretty sure that it has to be a network printer meaning it is wireless or plugged in using a network cable. When it searches for a printer if it doesnt find one it asks you to put in an IP address for one.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    The printer needs to be networked for the TP to see it. Wired/wireless doesn't matter. -M
    I tried manually inputting the IP address for my year old brother mfc-490cw wireless printer and my touchpad told me that my printer is not supported.

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    TP can't talk to a CUPS interface?
    What I want to know is if other printer companies can make plugins for the touchpad so the can print the same way (without an app)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    I must be getting old.... I bought an HP Officejet 100 wireless mobile printer. I thought my Touchpad would print to it through bluetooth as I use it that way with Laptops on the road all day. Nope, didn't pay attention to the network only printing.
    In other words when I am at a customers location and I need to print a report I can't use the Touchpad. :-(
    I can't ask for access to the customers network printer so i'm left to lug the laptop still.

Does anyone know of a way to print through bluetooth from the touchpad? Will we see this functionality?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 connected to my home router. My TP found it automatically and prints to it like a charm.