Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Rennat
  • 4 Post By wv06
  • 1 Post By Weaser999
  1.    #1  
    ..amazing! Today I decided to test out the beats audio in the headphone jack (hadn't done so already). So I grabbed my apple white crappy phones next to me and plugged them in. I was amazed. I heard things I had never heard with those headphones ever before. It was like the first time I had experienced real good headphones. I decided to go get my bose headphones and plug them in. They were yet even clearer! It really was like their slogan, "like how the artist intended in the recording studio".

I got my ipod nano and started comparing the sounds I got from each with the bose headphones. The stuff I was getting out of the ipod was not even the same thing coming from the TouchPad. I had a hard time believing that they were the same file!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    nyallj and crucian4 like this.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It really is, all my headphones sound better and it is even impressive out of the Speakers. Even though the Pandora app is not upscale for Touchpad(its a music app so who cares if its fullscreen) it has never sounded better! Better then my computer, Itouch or EvoShift!

Funny related note to this- I read in a review where the guy was complaining how the speakers will on the bottom and his hands will muffling the speakers- he was saying it was a crucial mistake for HP to put the speakers on the bottom while in landscape- THE ***** SHOULD OF KNOWN TO TURN IT AROUND! WebOS can flip to either side or upside down!
  3.    #3  
    They really did do the right thing with the audio on this thing. This could seriously be used as a DJ computer.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    So how's Beats audio so different than the rest?
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post
    It really is, all my headphones sound better and it is even impressive out of the Speakers. Even though the Pandora app is not upscale for Touchpad(its a music app so who cares if its fullscreen) it has never sounded better! Better then my computer, Itouch or EvoShift!

Funny related note to this- I read in a review where the guy was complaining how the speakers will on the bottom and his hands will muffling the speakers- he was saying it was a crucial mistake for HP to put the speakers on the bottom while in landscape- THE ***** SHOULD OF KNOWN TO TURN IT AROUND! WebOS can flip to either side or upside down!
    Yep. I have a pair of Seins and they sound amazing on the TPad! HP should have put the logo on the back like the laptops. :-)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

videos can only be played when the touchpad is oriented where the speakers are on the bottom :/ . but of course it works well when listening to music while browsing. still dont know the true power of the beats speakers as i still have the plastic on mine..waiting for the effing folio case to get to best buy

What's a itouch?

Yea I remember that review, I was thinking the same thing.... Turn it around lol
    Well you can sort of turn it around. It it's in the stock case and you want to use it as a stand, the speakers will be pointing down as well.
    It seems to increase the stereo field. I was listening to some music through the touchpad and some Etymotic ear buds, while toggling beats audio on and off. When you turn it off, it almost feels like the source of the sound goes from a very wide stereo presentation to the sound emanating from inside your head.

I also did a comparison of the ipad and touchpad. The ipad had less base and the bass was muddier. There are 3rd party apps for the ipad that add Eq and other effects. I wonder if it you can get it to sound as good as the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    How does audio coming from a bluetooth headset benefit from beats?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    no idea. But my touchpad sounds waaay better than my pre2 in my car with bluetooth.

Hi all,

1. I have to laugh, some EXPERTS don't know their <<mod delete>> from their elbows and often don't wash either!

2. Glad to hear that the sound is so good!

Take care all,

jay
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/10/2011 at 06:39 AM.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    i'm sure a good pair of Beats Audio headphones or buds, or some Shure buds would sound just phenomenal on the Touchpad if even those crappy *** apple white ear buds sound good.
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Wow! I finally went and found it and turned it off while listening through bluetooth headphones. HUGE difference! Much richer sound.
    I too was impressed with the sound of Beats Audio, there is a difference IMO.
    I have Beats Audio headphones. When I first tried them on the TouchPad my head almost exploded INSANELY good!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I tried beats, shure and sennheiser and decided to go with sennheiser, shure sounded good but earphones hurt, beats was most expensive and cord was too thin, also it felt like the music sound was altered (to emphasize bass?)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    also it felt like the music sound was altered (to emphasize bass?)
    Yup. DSP is 99% of Beats.
    Touchscreens are a fad.