Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pulp
  1.    #1  
    i've successfully paired touchpad with preplus 2.1 but both times my voice sounded echoey to caller, their voices sounded ok to me. We switched back to preplus speaker and my voice was fine.

Is this happening to other touchpad users? If I switched to Pre2, I am wondering if that could take the echo from my voice or do I need to wait for HP to fix the software.
    Last edited by bluenote; 07/09/2011 at 07:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    use a wired headset for best results =]
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    use a wired headset for best results =]
    so plug wired headset w mic into touchpad? Which do you recommend? Have bluetooth headsets that work fine w preplus and speakerphone does too, both seem more convenient than wired headset into touchpad (plus wire chomping pets make wired sets an endangered species)
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    I use the wired set that came with the pre
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    I use the wired set that came with the pre
    The phonecall feature for the TouchPad was advertised without needing wires and I am asking if anyone has been able to use it this way successfully as my voice is not coming over well to callers, thanks.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    The phonecall feature for the TouchPad was advertised without needing wires and I am asking if anyone has been able to use it this way successfully as my voice is not coming over well to callers, thanks.
    I used it today and the person could hear me just fine but they came in very poorly to me.
    One big thing I've noticed is that the Touchpad microphone (on the top of the tablet) is designed so that you need to be about 2 feet away from the Touchpad for best results. If you get closer, then your audio sounds garbled to the recipient.

I have used the microphone on my Touchpad to do Skype video calls and regular cellular voice calls (tablet paired to my Pre-) and it works pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good overall.

I have also used the Touchpad to do a Skype call and had my regular bluetooth paired to my Touchpad.
    I'm having the same problem.
    A strange thing is that when BeatsAudio is enabled, it echoes even when connected with a wired headset (even though not as bad). Only when BeatsAudio is disabled and I'm connected to a wired headset the echoing stops.
    curtis30 likes this.