Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By swid441
  1. Mercule's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
       #1  
    This might be an apps question, but I'm putting it here as a "feature concern".

    I picked up my Touchpad on Friday and am generally happy with it, in terms of how the features it does have work. I figured I'd use the web versions of Google Docs, Evernote, and Remember the Milk until apps came out for those. I just realized, though that I'm going to be in a meeting on Thursday where I will have no Internet connection. How am I going to take notes? And Memos is not an option.
  2. #2  
    I downloaded/bought TapNote and use that to take notes using the Touchpad.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    This might be an apps question, but I'm putting it here as a "feature concern".

    I picked up my Touchpad on Friday and am generally happy with it, in terms of how the features it does have work. I figured I'd use the web versions of Google Docs, Evernote, and Remember the Milk until apps came out for those. I just realized, though that I'm going to be in a meeting on Thursday where I will have no Internet connection. How am I going to take notes? And Memos is not an option.
    Touchnote is a great app that I'm deciding whether or not to buy the full version of. Give it a shot.
  4. #4  
    try typewriter beta
  5. laxsu19's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #5  
    pencil and paper? ;-)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by laxsu19 View Post
    pencil and paper? ;-)
    stone and chisel?
  7. swid441's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #7  
    I switched to Pondnotes- a client of simplenotes. It syncs to the cloud and I can access the notes from my pre using noted. It is similar to evernote.
    yellowhammer likes this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    try typewriter beta
    Typewrter Beta is a nice app, especially if one is already used to using Markdown for notes. And it can e-mail the file from it's own menu.
    I was using markdown for my website already, and it made it easier to deal with the loss of Evernote.
    I was not able to get Typewriter Beta working with my Dropbox account, and it didn't have an integration with Box.net.

    Hopefully, the fact that the TP marketing included Evernote's icon suggests that soon we'll have a TP version of Evernote.
  9. Mercule's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    the fact that the TP marketing included Evernote's icon suggests that soon we'll have a TP version of Evernote.
    I certainly hope so. After playing with my Touchpad for a day, I've determined that the key apps for me are Evernote and Quick Office editing, with Remember the Milk and Kindle close behind.

    Give me the first two and I'm definitely going to be sticking with my Touchpad. The other two would make me really happy. Throw in some way to reliably watch my Amazon shows and a Netflix app and it's a top notch platform, IMO.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    *I figured I'd use the web versions of Google Docs, Evernote, and Remember the Milk until apps came out for those. I just realized, though that I'm going to be in a meeting on Thursday where I will have no Internet connection. How am I going to take notes?
    I don't understand, Evernote doesn't have offline mode, so even if you had Evernote, you still would not be able to use it without a connection.
  11. Tasdad's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I don't understand, Evernote doesn't have offline mode, so even if you had Evernote, you still would not be able to use it without a connection.
    Evernote does have an offline function. At least it does on my Pre. I can't see any notes, but I can create new notes offline.
  12. Mercule's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I don't understand, Evernote doesn't have offline mode, so even if you had Evernote, you still would not be able to use it without a connection.
    it's never been a problem, when using the app for my phone or laptop. In fact, I had a problem a couple weeks ago where I'd taken notes on my laptop, in a no connection location, then forgotten to sync Evernote when I got home, so I couldn't access my notes from work.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasdad View Post
    Evernote does have an offline function. At least it does on my Pre. I can't see any notes, but I can create new notes offline.
    Right, I do see the offline mode. It never did me any good, 'cause I couldn't see my existing notes.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    it's never been a problem, when using the app for my phone or laptop. In fact, I had a problem a couple weeks ago where I'd taken notes on my laptop, in a no connection location, then forgotten to sync Evernote when I got home, so I couldn't access my notes from work.
    Yes, the Windows version of Evernote does make a database on your PC. You have full access to it there, even offline, and then it syncs next time it connects. But on webOS, the only thing you can do offline is add a new note, which, at least for me, is as good as no offline mode at all.
  15. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #15  
    How about your notebook computer?

Posting Permissions