Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lvpre
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Went to a Best Buy in Las Vegas to check out the Touchpad. After walking around the store several times, I had to ask a sales rep about the touchpad. They didn't have a display and had to ask around just to find one. They promised to open one and put it on display, but after 30 minutes of waiting, I gave up and left. I was a loyal Palm pre user from June 09 until May 11 and it is disappointing to see WebOS go down this path.
    jwdesselle and akshunj like this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Same at my local Best Buy. They finally put out the demo units this morning, but still no accessories anywhere to be found.
    my bestbuy in raleigh nc off glennwood ave. had the display with two touchpads but they were not working. the whole display looked all beat up and the touchpads had huge sensors on the back. it was frustrating to see all the other tablets powered on and not the touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdiyguy View Post
    my bestbuy in raleigh nc off glennwood ave. had the display with two touchpads but they were not working. the whole display looked all beat up and the touchpads had huge sensors on the back. it was frustrating to see all the other tablets powered on and not the touchpad
    It's hit and miss. The BB closest to me hasn't put up any TP's, but I didn't expect that they would as they've been just as bad with all tablets other than the IPAD. Trying to look at the Playbook, Xoom, Galaxy Tab and Acer over the last few months there has been near impossible as you either couldn't find them or they weren't turned on. They have a few displays up now (not TP), but that only happened when a few reps showed up to demo their products, you can't find any BB employees around those displays now. Walmart had 4 units (really 2 as one was a preorder and the other a display unit), but they were all locked in a display case with no markings whatsoever.

At the BB where I bought my TP however, they had the full display with two working TP's and on the two days I visited before I bought, I was met by several BB reps trying to sell the TP to me and other people as well. They didn't automatically send people to the IPAD2 and were relatively indifferent on it, unless a customer asked about it. Not surprisingly they were moving their TP inventory. Their Galaxy Tab 10.1 wasn't powered up though and pretty much all devices except the IPAD had that huge sensor on it-it's a bonus once you buy though and realize how much lighter and easier to hold it is!
    ive been itching to buy but i havent been able to find any to test! went to that best buy and struck out then went to the walmart accross the street and they didnt have any or anyone to tell me if they did. next place to try will be staples, ill be trying them today.
    my local best buy in erie has 4 on display. I didn't mind the huge sensor on it because evry other tablet I saw had one. They also had a veer next to the touchpads. It also had a huge sensor so no chance of trying TTS even if it was activated. They had a promotion where if you buy a veer with a two year contract you received a $150 rebate off the touchpad. I was rather impressed with the display. The only thing that annoyed me was the demo program HP embedded in both the veer and touchpad. It made both feel laggy. The veer actually froze for a full minute when I tried to take a picture before it came up with a message saying it couldn't take pictures. I also found it funny that apperently none of the tech savy BB employees could figure out how to plug the veer charger in. I plugged it in to get it to turn on. I have to say that after playing with TP I'm really starting to consider a veer TP combo rather then just a pre3. I still have to wait till my sprint contract is up so i'll hopefully have a chance to play with the pre3 before then but I have to admit my excitment with WebOS was taken to a new level after playing with the TP.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My Best Buy has the HP table with the items on display. The last time I went in there, the table looked a bit beaten up, and one of the two Touchpads on display had a dead battery. There was actually a spot for another Touchpad, but it sat empty. Why don't they use the Touchstone to charge these things while they're sitting there? It would seem to make sense to me, and show off the cool charger.
    There were also two Veers on display. One was a working unit and one was a fake. I have to say, that phone is small, but I really like it. Couple it with a pair of bluetooth headphones and it's a formidable little beast.
    My local Staples had a better display than Best Buy.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreese View Post
    ... At the BB where I bought my TP however, they had the full display with two working TP's and on the two days I visited before I bought, I was met by several BB reps trying to sell the TP to me and other people as well. They didn't automatically send people to the IPAD2 and were relatively indifferent on it, unless a customer asked about it. Not surprisingly they were moving their TP inventory. Their Galaxy Tab 10.1 wasn't powered up though and pretty much all devices except the IPAD had that huge sensor on it-it's a bonus once you buy though and realize how much lighter and easier to hold it is!
    THIS....this is how sales should go. This is an "A Team" type store. The salesperson should be able to guide you through features, capabilities, answer your questions, help you reach your decision. At my Best Buy, the only time I've seen anyone official working with the TPs was when the HP rep was there. Even then, all the BB employees were 'off helping other customers' or just chatting it away from the TP display. They were a "C Team" type store.

I would like to find a way to do a survey. First question: What is your store name. Second question: How many TouchPads have you sold?

Then, the surveyor answers this based on their experience "Was the BB staff an 'A Team', 'B Team', or 'C Team'? I believe that 'A Team' Stores will have better sales of the TouchPad.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    my local best buy in erie has 4 on display. I didn't mind the huge sensor on it because evry other tablet I saw had one. They also had a veer next to the touchpads. It also had a huge sensor so no chance of trying TTS even if it was activated. They had a promotion where if you buy a veer with a two year contract you received a $150 rebate off the touchpad. I was rather impressed with the display. The only thing that annoyed me was the demo program HP embedded in both the veer and touchpad. It made both feel laggy. The veer actually froze for a full minute when I tried to take a picture before it came up with a message saying it couldn't take pictures. I also found it funny that apperently none of the tech savy BB employees could figure out how to plug the veer charger in. I plugged it in to get it to turn on. I have to say that after playing with TP I'm really starting to consider a veer TP combo rather then just a pre3. I still have to wait till my sprint contract is up so i'll hopefully have a chance to play with the pre3 before then but I have to admit my excitment with WebOS was taken to a new level after playing with the TP.
    Hey @Xethur, I'm from Erie too. I liked the display they had for the TouchPads, but could you get anyone to help you? That's my issue with that store (or maybe all BB's in general). I can never find someone. And it's not that I had questions, I just needed someone to get me one out of the cage.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Hey @Xethur, I'm from Erie too. I liked the display they had for the TouchPads, but could you get anyone to help you? That's my issue with that store (or maybe all BB's in general). I can never find someone. And it's not that I had questions, I just needed someone to get me one out of the cage.
    honestly I try not to talk to BB employees and I wasn't looking to buy one today. But there were employees all over the place today. One even commented that she loved the veer though she made it sound like she didn't own one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruefrak View Post
    Why don't they use the Touchstone to charge these things while they're sitting there? It would seem to make sense to me, and show off the cool charger.
    because the huge security sensor on the back keeps it from resting on the charger.

and I agree about the veer. I use BT earbuds with my pixi because of wearing out the 3.5 jack. I only thing the pre3 has that I would love is auto focus with the camera.