Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes
    Eagerly waiting for this app.

Quote Originally Posted by itsthetaste View Post
    I've been writing a UPnP player.

Should be launched very soon, just need to do some testing on a real device.

UPnP AV Player for HP Touchpad : Norvinet
    I'm pretty sure its already in the market. Search for upnp.
    I guess this has been mentioned before, but have you tried Kalemsoft Media Player?
    Its just awesome.
    Not only can it play all kinds of h264 HD Videos, there is also a Windows Software which can stream (and reencode!) every movie on your computer to your touchpad.
    Also works without beeing in the same LAN, e.g. via Internet.
    Really nice, i even set up a Windows VM just for that Streaming Server
    Streaming works fine with Mediatomb and UPnP AV player. The only thing you cannot do is play video with an incompatible codec. Though Kalemsoft Media Player can do that it does not have the nice UPnP interface, does not use hardware decoding so it requires overclocking and probably uses more battery for playback.
    Well.. most of my videos are h264 720p things.
    And without overclocking, the touchpad cant handle those with any UPNP player i've tried.
    (Reencoding just for the touchpad is not an option for me)

Kalemsoft does use Hardware decoding, thats why it can play even 1080p without problems.
    I don't know what you mean by "nice UPNP interface", but no, it does not support UPNP.

Instead, it uses a proprietary solution with an interface where you can browser folders on your computer, click a video, get it encoded and streamed in the right format.

I just wanted to mention the Kalemsoft streaming capability because i didn't know about this possibility until i actually tried the Kalemsoft player.
    Quote Originally Posted by julakali View Post
    Well.. most of my videos are h264 720p things.
    And without overclocking, the touchpad cant handle those with any UPNP player i've tried.
    (Reencoding just for the touchpad is not an option for me)

Kalemsoft does use Hardware decoding, thats why it can play even 1080p without problems.
    I don't know what you mean by "nice UPNP interface", but no, it does not support UPNP.

Instead, it uses a proprietary solution with an interface where you can browser folders on your computer, click a video, get it encoded and streamed in the right format.

I just wanted to mention the Kalemsoft streaming capability because i didn't know about this possibility until i actually tried the Kalemsoft player.
    Most of my videos are 720p h264 things also. I don't modify my original files. I have even streamed quicktime 1080p movie trailers and HP 3.1 w/cabac and bframes . No overclocking. This method DOES use the hardware decoding and is free. You can stream whatever will play locally with no size issues. You will require mediatomb though. Besides, I don't think Kalemsoft works with Linux (maybe with wine). Don't have the link but search for "mediatomb streaming" for my post.
    Last edited by levinite; 10/14/2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: link missing
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123