Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #21  
    Just googled Mediatomb and transcoding support is there, I just got to figure out how to get it up and running. Would really like to try Playon but I don't see a server app for Linux.
    I've been writing a UPnP player.

Should be launched very soon, just need to do some testing on a real device.

UPnP AV Player for HP Touchpad : Norvinet
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I was watching some SD TV episodes and the aspect was off.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsthetaste View Post

That looks OUTSTANDING!

Where/When can I download it?

OR PM me and send me the IPK, I'd love to try it if you still need someone with a real TouchPad.

I use FreeNAS 7.1 that uses FUPPES 0.660 as my DLNA/UPnP service and BHome on the TouchPad can't seem to find it, while every other device from Win7 to my Samsung TV can see it.

awesome! When?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    excellent!!

anxiously awaiting it itsthetaste.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    That looks OUTSTANDING!

Where/When can I download it?

OR PM me and send me the IPK, I'd love to try it if you still need someone with a real TouchPad.

I use FreeNAS 7.1 that uses FUPPES 0.660 as my DLNA/UPnP service and BHome on the TouchPad can't seem to find it, while every other device from Win7 to my Samsung TV can see it.
    I would love to try it also!

Nice and do you need some help testing? I have a ZyXel NSA221 at my disposal and would love to help if I can. Either way, thanks for the work and what looks like a promising app. Sorli...
    Theres a bug in current version of WebOS 3.0.0 which will be resolved in the next OTA update by HP. This app relies on that, as well as BHome I presume, I wonder how they got it in the catalogue without it working?

I'm getting my touchpad tomorrow. Once that here and I've done some actual testing and made sure it can actually play videos and music, I'll submit it to the catalogue. So, should be ready in a week or 2.
    I should point out that I don't know when HP will push the OTA update, I'm hoping its soon.
    The developer for Bhome has released an update, now you can search for a server by providing the IP address. It found my ReadyNAS pretty quick. Music certainly works not had chance to test videos and pictures yet. Need to rebuild the library.

Ok so it works with Video, pictures and music. But it is pretty basic no thumbnail, doesn't look as feature rich as Norvinet.
    Last edited by mc_wardy; 07/18/2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    PlayOn works for me, both on my home network and when my TouchPad is tethered to my Pre via FreeTether.

I've only tried it from home, but it seems to work ok (although it won't log into Netflix for some odd reason...maybe PlayOn needs to provide an update).
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    The developer for Bhome has released an update, now you can search for a server by providing the IP address. It found my ReadyNAS pretty quick. Music certainly works not had chance to test videos and pictures yet. Need to rebuild the library.

Ok so it works with Video, pictures and music. But it is pretty basic no thumbnail, doesn't look as feature rich as Norvinet.
    Hmm, it doesn't find my ReadyNas Duo when I enter the IP.

Incidentally, does The ReadyNas admin page render correctly in your TP web browser? I see the background graphics but none of the menu text.

EDIT: After today's update it finds the server. Although it takes forever and claims to find 2 servers, afterward it only lists 1. Browsing photos just fine.
    Last edited by lordbah; 07/21/2011 at 07:12 AM.
    BHome had another update today that added a new option of setting the port that finally allowed connection to my FUPPES server.

It actually works pretty well, but I discovered that it didn't work with bluetooth headphones, and would really like to see transcoded streams support.
    if all your videos are mp4 or h.264 it might actually be worth paying for now and getting the Pro version.

I'm still looking forward to seeing this Norvi player.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I can't get the free version to play ANY audio (mp3) or video (mp4, avi).
    Try BHome and add the Server manually with the IP. Works perfectly for me and the music is streamed from my Twonkey WHS.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Hmm, it doesn't find my ReadyNas Duo when I enter the IP.

Incidentally, does The ReadyNas admin page render correctly in your TP web browser? I see the background graphics but none of the menu text.

EDIT: After today's update it finds the server. Although it takes forever and claims to find 2 servers, afterward it only lists 1. Browsing photos just fine.
    Mines also a DUO and searching on the IP it finds it after a bit of a search, but once it's found the server it remains in the list and starts straight away each time. I've never seen it find two, but I stopped the search as soon as it found the server.

I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm sure I've had the admin pages working, but I have seen what you describe. I'll check again tonight (can't check now haven't got my VPNs up and running yet.)

I also sent the developer for Bhome an email regarding future updates mainly thumbnails and importing files to the TP, this was the response.

"Thumbnails and album artwork relies on the UPnP-Server. Some server
    support all of them; some server only support artwork on music.
    We are planing to add a thumbnail view. So you can switch between the
    detail and icon view. But if it will work with your server we can not
    guarantee.
    Importing of files is on already on our to-do list, too.
    There are a lot more of ideas we have. However user request are always
    welcome and will influence which features will come first."

Don't know if the ReadyNAS supports the thumbnails though.
    lordbah the admin pages work for me if I point the browser at https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/admin/ it takes a bit of time to load but the page completes you get all the content and works as expected.
    Did you get mediatomb to transcode the videos into a compatible format?
    When i transcode them manually using vlc, it works, but using the same command in the mediatomb transcode settings doesnt.
    I've been messing with a Dane-Elec My Ditto for a bit now. Finally have it the way i like it.

UPnP and bHome both work perfectly with it. Still trying to decide which one to buy. Add XBMC for the G4 hooked to my TV and the Dane-elec UpNP client for my wife's iPad and even one for my daughter's Android phone and we're kinda set here. May not even mess with Orb.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast