Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By rburtz
  • 8 Post By donm527
  • 1 Post By morgmel
  1.    #1  
    After surfing the web and checking emails this morning I can't get my touchpad to turn on. It had a full charge and was running fine. Any suggestions how to get it on?
    Mine did this a few days ago. I had to do a reset to fix the issue by holding the power button and home button down for about 15 seconds.
    zenshinji and Aerri like this.
    I posted on this before as well. There seems to be an issue occurring when you leave the TP unattended for an undermined period of time, on occasion when you come back to use it, it has locked up.

I can even see my home screen LED blinking at me, however, many attempts to unlock/press the power button are futile. I must do as the above responder says and hold down both buttons and reset the device.

I wonder how many of us are having this issue. This is a big one to me since it happens more than once a day lately.
    remember to post the issue in the bugs thread.

i was thinking... they should tell people that if they find a bug posted in that thread have the exact same issue, that they should 'like' the thread.

it can give a better idea of who has the same issue and if a lot is shown then maybe show that is a major bug for hp to see. better than people posting '+1' 4 pages later.
    This issue seems to be happening more than usual now and is becoming extremely annoying. My TP is requiring a reboot anytime I pretty much want to use it now.

I have tried to narrow down the circumstances and from what I am finding is that if I dont have any applications open, it does not freeze, however, if I have some open and leave it alone for a while, it freezes up.

Completely unscientific of course.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Make sure you tell HP personally through the help icon on the touchpad. Thats the quickest way they can learn about bugs and fix them.
    I had this problem too last weekend and spoke with a rep from webOS Butler services who told me how to get it running again. I was really thinking there for a second the device went completely dead on me. Sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed, but it's good to know there's a way to resolve it simply by holding the power and center buttons. The HP rep on the phone said it was a known issue, so it looks like they know about it.
    Just had this issue with my touchpad, just picked it up yesterday, when it launched here in Canada

Just restarted it and hopefully HP fixes this in an OTA update very soon!
    happened to me first time
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. Seems like if I leave it for more than an hour or so, it seizes up. Just spoken to a webOS support person who told me they aren't aware of any problem, despite me telling them if they knew about the problem and were working on a fix I'd keep the TouchPad, otherwise I was taking it back and exchanging it for an iPad. Either they are refusing to admit they've shipped a broken product or they're monumentally incompetent. Whichever, I'm not happy waiting for a mythical fix that may never happen. Reluctantly I'm taking it back. I'm coming to the conclusion that there is no tablet market, there is simply an iPad market.
    Just happened to me too. Day 2 of TP ownership. Came back after a few hours to find an unresponsive tablet. It would have been almost fully charged when I put it down. I'm not certain but I had probably left the email app open.
    mattbrad2 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonyw999 View Post
    I have the same problem. Seems like if I leave it for more than an hour or so, it seizes up. Just spoken to a webOS support person who told me they aren't aware of any problem, despite me telling them if they knew about the problem and were working on a fix I'd keep the TouchPad, otherwise I was taking it back and exchanging it for an iPad. Either they are refusing to admit they've shipped a broken product or they're monumentally incompetent. Whichever, I'm not happy waiting for a mythical fix that may never happen. Reluctantly I'm taking it back. I'm coming to the conclusion that there is no tablet market, there is simply an iPad market.
    Hold up there, pardner! There's an update coming out for webOS by July 31. Can you hold on to your TP that long to wait and see if the update fixes your troubles?
    I have the same thing happen to me just now. I have not been able to boot it up. I will wait for 15 seconds this time (with power and home button pressed).

UPDATE: it worked, it has rebooted now.
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 07/23/2011 at 05:17 PM.