1.    #1  
    I think is interesting to raise this question. There is people complaining about HP coining the term "bussiness device" for the Touchpad because of the lack of document editing or video out.

I can see the Touchpad as a very compelling device for sales forces, without document editing or video out. It can handle webOS versions of corporate software, send/receive emails and faxes, printing, and so on.

I can see the Touchpad as a very compelling device for stock/store/whatever you call it, americans, management, without document editing or video out.

I can see the Touchpad as a very compelling device for executives, without document editing or video out.

All of this, in a more secure environment than the iPad (seems people really doesn't realize what means Jailbreaking from a security standpoint).

Of course, it you need to show a few slides on a projector you're sold, but how large is the percentage of people that does this in the enterprise (all the enterprise, small and big bussinesses) market?

I agree that the lack of document editing is a flaw, but just that one.
    Newness Developments apps:

You saw it as compelling device for several type of client.

What particular functions you think they could use it for?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You saw it as compelling device for several type of client.

What particular functions you think they could use it for?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    The same as any other tablet, in fact. I don't want to say the Touchpad is the best device for bussiness, but it has some great strengths over others, and I'm not talking about multitasking, or notifications.

As a salesforce tool, I think it's great for having a digital catalogue, but also for order taking. It's also a great tool for CRM, because of Sinergy. Sinergy allows the enterprise to manage likes no one else it's salesforces agenda, and contacts, but also with specific software to manage more specific issues like campaign management and so on. Combine that with having multiple cards to reach data.

Let's say the user is a depot manager. A little app to manage stock, and provider's contact info on Contacts, in/outs on Agenda (thanks to Sinergy).

On this field, I see the Touchpad (and combined with a webOS phone is better) as a tool that allows the companies to scalate the software offer to the user needs: Somebody doesn't need more than customers contacts and agenda, just bring that. Some others needs a stock manager and providers contact info: bring just that.

I can see easily a unified contact/agenda/etc. server that provides data to sinergy clients based on their credentials, without intermediate software, and specific small apps to cover issues that doesn't fit in the stock apps.

Now just combine this with next year's webOS on all HP computers and you get a perfect environment for companies reducing all type of software costs (no need to learn big corporate apps, just what they need/can do, the same stuff on all devices, being the vast majority stock apps that everybody knows/figures how to use), exactly the same on all devices (office PC, if any, laptop, Touchpad, phone).

All of this with custom sinergy services for all the custom apps, so the data is always up to date. webOS is the only OS that can do that this way.
    Last edited by deCorvett; 07/09/2011 at 10:03 AM.

4.    #4  
    For small bussiness and freelances, the thing goes cheaper. Just pick your free server (buy a SSL connection if you wish), and pick someone to make your webOS app, (the same you would pick someone to make your laptop/iPhone/android app) for your specific needs, with one huge difference: webOS development is cheaper than iOS/Android development.

All your data, on all your devices, without giant software developments.

Solid pim like agendus
    Solid web browser
    Solid document editing
    Split virtual keyboard
    Stylus for taking notes at the OS level
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I just want access to my corporate directories with my TouchPad. Does anyone know if this is possible?
    I know businesses that use the iPad, give Touchpad a little time and it will be taken seriously as a business device in no time. It is more of a 'business device' than my netbook already. As soon as there is a seriously robust text editor we will be golden.
    And once some corperate wifi issues are worked out.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    I know businesses that use the iPad, give Touchpad a little time and it will be taken seriously as a business device in no time. It is more of a 'business device' than my netbook already. As soon as there is a seriously robust text editor we will be golden.
    Agree. As info, had AT&T out on Saturday to work on the service ... Tech is no longer lugging around a tablet PC ... They're all getting iPads ..... Though he seemed impressed with the TouchPad as he played with it ...
    ---

Pressure is something you feel only if you don't know what you're doing.

- Chuck Noll
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    So for me there are some times I know I'll need my laptop (obvious tasks I need to do while I'm out of the office or traveling). For those I'll bring it. Where I want/need a business tablet (just my opinion) are the times I *might* need to do work. For instance, 1 to 2 day trips where I dont expect to need to respond to anything sent my way, but out of the blue I may need to review/tweak a term sheet, review redline documents, or perhaps even review a pdf/excel file/ppt financial presentation (banking). If I could get full blown vpn access to my network drives that would be huge, but I'm assuming that requires internal IT support, which I doubt will come anytime soon. Aside from the vpn part, my wishlist isnt that material. For now I just hope Good Technology supports webos so I can avoid using outlook web.
    Well, I worked before and now in giant companies, and our users always use:

=> M$ Office Softwares;
    => Softwares developed by Company;
    => E-mail;
    => VPN (to external);
    => Extra and Intranets.

All other softwares can be beautifull and useful, but are only optionals...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)