1.    #1  
    Folks,
    Just caught a TP ‘review’ (if you can call it that), on TV from BBC Click.

In general it was either incorrect or misleading.

Things like them showing the TP with (maybe) 11 apps running at once then saying its slow, without saying it multitasks or mentioning HP say it will be resolved with OTA updates.

“Poor CPU”

“Lack of apps, even no twitter client”

Just heavy, without even saying its weight and letting viewers decide.

“Battery is rubbish; you will be forever charging it”

Basically the whole thing ignored the positive and solely focused on the negative.
    If you are in the UK, its obviously on iPlayer - BBC iPlayer - Click: 09/07/2011

Or on TV around the world on BBC World, this week (not sure if it’s online outside the UK)
    Anyway, as lot of people throughout the world will watch this (probably more than would go to ZDNet!) think it’s from the BBC therefore it must all be true. It would be good if as many as possible could email them (click@bbc.co.uk) and tell them how bad their research is and that they should do a proper unbiased review + plus point out more than the bad bits

Thanks
    Rob
    Cheers Rob.

FYI it should be on bbc news at 1130 this morning. And then repeated a few times over the weekend.

the iPlayer version id normally extended.
    That was the worst review ive viewed yet.....Shocking....puts a bad taste in my mouth.
    Hmmmnn. Usual click review. Way too quick and simplistic to be of any use.

"The processor isn't the fastest around. For example that's not the fastest i've seen a tablet [pause] change it's orientation". I don't think that has anything to do with the processor speed.

It was a bit cruel to say that it was too heavy without giving any comparison.

I really can't understand why people need a tablet to be so thin.

"the screen doesn't appear to be as high resolution as some." Have they ever slammed the iPad2 for that resolution.

But by far the worst thing in the review was what he said about battery life.

"You will have to do that[inductive charging] quite regularly because the battery isn't exactly the longest lasting". He makes it sound like it lasts minutes rather than the days of normal use. Have they even done any tests to show what the battery life is. All tablets perform differently depending on the tasks they are being used for.
    just sent an email at click@bbc.co.uk complaining
    Is this link accessible from outside the UK??

BBC News - HP TouchPad tablet launches on own operating system
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

Played on my laptop but not the TouchPad.

He did not like the TouchPad: few apps, no Twitter (I'm just saying what he said), apps that are available are expensive, heavy, not fast, battery runs out quickly

Yawn.

But what I will say is that he is average Joe--they need to see right off why the TouchPad is good, without a lot of explanations. Hope the OTA is good.
    As I write this, just got a TED notification of a talk on my TouchPad, how cool is that.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

Yes.
    NNJ
    Yup, works from the US.
    I watch this show and I have always liked and trusted it since it is from BBC. I watched their review of TP and was surprised I didn't hear good things about multitasking. It was then I realized of the shallow nature of their review. I read the users' experiences about TP on Precentral and overall it is positive. I think a little bit of tweaking is necessary to make it work better and I am more than happy to do this since this is why I like my Pre. Few questions before I head out and buy a HP (at least to try for a couple of weeks)

Can I used Skype to video chat? If not what is the alternative?
    Does Gtalk work for voice chat? - not so important to me but it would be nice
    Does it really take that long (as shown in the Click review) for TP to change orientation?
    Can I can overclock TP like I did with my Pre? It may not available now but will it be possible in the near future?