Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello mates. First time posting, but I thought I'd share something very awesome.
    As we know, there is no Netflix app but Amazon's instant video does work which is great.
    But, I got something better than both for your TouchPad enjoyment right out of the box!

Crackle.com
    " It's On "

Yep, FREE full movies (about 200 or so) that works on the TouchPad with flash. Wow, there is an app for the iPad but we don't need an app when you got flash built right into the system.

They are even adding 2 new movies I believe every Friday, YES!
    Oh, and they also have TV like Seinfeld.
    Enjoy!
    Very cool... they also have an unofficial plugin for PlayOn

For anyone who doesn't know what crackle.com is... Crackle is the website for Columbia/Sony Pictures. It is similar to Hulu.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Sweet. I didn't know about that site. Thanks for the link/info.
    +1 here Thanks OP
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hahah crakle crakle!
    Quote Originally Posted by myDrpC View Post
    Hello mates. First time posting, but I thought I'd share something very awesome.
    As we know, there is no Netflix app but Amazon's instant video does work which is great.
    But, I got something better than both for your TouchPad enjoyment right out of the box!

Crackle.com
    " It's On "

Yep, FREE full movies (about 200 or so) that works on the TouchPad with flash. Wow, there is an app for the iPad but we don't need an app when you got flash built right into the system.

They are even adding 2 new movies I believe every Friday, YES!
    Oh, and they also have TV like Seinfeld.
    Enjoy!
    SWEET! I was just going to make a post on this but you beat me too it. Reason #73 was having full flash on your mobile device is a WIN and further erodes the case for 876,977,234 apps for every site you cannot see on your restricted device. ;-)
    65fastback likes this.
    Wow! awesome thanks!
    Very nice quality stream. I have finally seen the opening scenes of Resident Evil. LOL!

This is also the first movie I've watched on my TP, and it's truly amazingly beautiful picture!
    I see pandas.
    Very nice find, thanks to the OP. However, I have to use my laptop to watch. TP's browser lags and unresponsive too much to enjoy the site. Took me over 20 minutes just to start watching one movie and when if finally came on froze the TP. Had to reboot. HP has a lot of work to do.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Very nice find, thanks to the OP. However, I have to use my laptop to watch. TP's browser lags and unresponsive too much to enjoy the site. Took me over 20 minutes just to start watching one movie and when if finally came on froze the TP. Had to reboot. HP has a lot of work to do.

ET
    Uh-uh. Sorry you need to check your internet source\connection. Movies queue up in about 3-4 seconds and play through beautifully. I've watched MIB through through Crackle's YouTube site and Resident Evil and Pineapple Express on Crackles site directly. Sorry, FUD not allowed on my watch. ;-)
    Thanks, OP! Never heard of this site before, and now I'm playing "Drunken Master" in the background while I type this. Before I got here, I tapped the timebar a couple of times and it re-started at that point in the movie reasonably smoothly each time. So when I'm done here I can go back to the scene I missed while I was here. Bookmarked!
  12. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    thx for the url . . . Good site !
    If you're having issues streaming, check this thread regarding WPA vs WPA2 security setting on your wireless router: wifi-stopped-had-do-hard-reset
    I see pandas.
    I watched MIB this morning. The video was beautiful, there wasn't an ounce of lag, and the browser performed flawlessly...
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I watched MIB this morning. The video was beautiful, there wasn't an ounce of lag, and the browser performed flawlessly...
    i'm doing this now.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, OP!

etphoto is right though, there is an issue with the TPad losing connectivity. Hopefully it gets fixed rather soon.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I'd still prefer Amazon VOD, Hulu and Netflix apps for the device. I'm trying to move away from Flash because I haven't been able to get consistently good performance using Flash with the browser.
    great site..thanks for sharing!
    Very nice! Thanks
    Anyone experiencing lag.. it isn't necessarily a TouchPad issue. Before blaming the device, be sure to check your router settings as suggested above. With proper settings the site streams beautifully.

For those running PlayOn - grab the plug-in and you will have Hulu, Crackle, Netflix, +others all in one.
    cobrakon likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast