Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes
    I've had good luck with crackle. One exception is "so I married an axe murderer" which just won't play right but all others do for me. It does occasionally freeze up and need a kick to get going but hey for free I can deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    Crackle was working fine last night. When I tried it today, it's not. Just a black screen where the videos usually run. I went to Flash settings and cleared the storage, but no help. Does anyone have a solution/workaround besides the Video Flood one?
    Thanks.

It's working now. I reset the flash options and that did the trick. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    It's working now. I reset the flash options and that did the trick. :-)
    This might be a stupid question, but how do you reset the flash option? I still get the black screen in the space where the video should be playing.
    Last edited by damifino; 09/26/2011 at 03:05 PM.
  4. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by divuer View Post
    i've clicked on 'Watch now' several items at crackle.com on my new TP but all I get is a black screen where the video should be playing; no audio, no video. I ran the initial software update to 3.0.2 when I first started it last week. Do I need to install preware/homebrew or do anything else? Thanks.
    for those having problems viewing videos on crackle. I was having problems on one of my TPs that I applied some patches to to increase the speed, but noticed that I didn't have any problems with my other TP that I left with the original config. I fixed the problem by modifying the settings in the adobe flash player config. I originally set it to never keep tracking data when visiting web sites, I went back and changed it to the second option which blocks some third party tracking and video instantly started working after I did a Luna restart.
    Splashtop is out, so now we have everything at our finger tips. Crackle is still awesome though.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Urokira View Post
    how do you down it without paying for it first?
    When you click the purchase button, a popup will allow you to enter a promo code.

However, the promo code is used up, so no free app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    for those having problems viewing videos on crackle. I was having problems on one of my TPs that I applied some patches to to increase the speed, but noticed that I didn't have any problems with my other TP that I left with the original config. I fixed the problem by modifying the settings in the adobe flash player config. I originally set it to never keep tracking data when visiting web sites, I went back and changed it to the second option which blocks some third party tracking and video instantly started working after I did a Luna restart.
    Thank you Bo, changing the settings to the Adobe flash player enabled Crackle to come through. I had initially set it to 'never' save. Changing it to 'Only from sites that I visit' did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by damifino View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but how do you reset the flash option? I still get the black screen in the space where the video should be playing.
    Go to https://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile/ and select Local Storage. You'll see the 3 choices, select 'Always' or 'Only from sites that I visit'.
    Works on the Pre3 fresh out of the box but not on the Pre2. The Pre2 is patched and has ad blocker, could that be it?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    thanks a lot thanks for sharing
    Crackle has really junk movies unless you are 14 years old. Or just like junk movies. Try internet archive.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234