View Poll Results: Should H/P manufacture a HD TP w 2048 x 1536 resolution

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and before Apple comes out with it first (for a change)

15 50.00%
  • Even though lower resolution screen would be still available, I say I am happy and vote No

5 16.67%
  • In my dreams, maybe in 2 years H/P will come out w one

9 30.00%
  • I have high hopes for ENVY team redesign of TP, I also believe in sprint reps.

1 3.33%
  1.    #1  
    Should H/P make a high end TP and sell it for 699 or 799? They will have a lot of profit margins and a lot of trolls would be satisfied. They can keep everything same just make super hi-resolution screen like rumored for Ipad before Ipad comes out with it. 2048 x 1536 would be great on current TP.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    yea they need to brIng the hd name to market before Apple does..
    I Think they need to focus on selling these TouchPad's they have out now, & releasing the Pre 3 as soon as possible.
    HD and 4:3 just don't ring a bell. At least not from a marketing perspective. They should've went with 16:10. But opinions are sharply divided on ppl's preference to 4:3 vs 16:10 here.

That said, you don't have to go as far as doubling the resolution to 2048x1536 (overkill). The battery drain and the cost to manufacture such a high density sub 10" screen would be prohibitive. So on TP2, just do better than the existing, archaic 1024x768 (XGA). Just like how the android tablets are going from 1028x600 (WSVGA) to 1280x800 (WXGA), the next TP should get at least a bump to 1280x960 as long as it's going to remain 4:3. FYI, I'm using a 19" not wide monitor that's running at 1280x1024.

However, it'd be interesting to see how apple might bump up the resolution in Ipad3 and beyond so just one level up might not be enough for the next iteration (else, TP will always be playing catch up).

Just follow the orange...
    Display resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Would be nice..
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    they are making the 64 gig one
    maybe the 64GB indeed has a higher-resolution screen.

This would explain the need of the CPU-upgrade (1.2>1.5GHz), because more pixels means more calculation power needed.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    They should work on fixing the bugs and performance issues on software. Just got my TP yesterday and while hardware is fine, glitchiness of performance is bothersome. What is the HD going to highlight? Video looks fine right now. HP needs to establish TP has a viable 2nd choice and can't go after the highend yet until bugs are out.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    They should work on fixing the bugs and performance issues on software. Just got my TP yesterday and while hardware is fine, glitchiness of performance is bothersome. What is the HD going to highlight? Video looks fine right now. HP needs to establish TP has a viable 2nd choice and can't go after the highend yet until bugs are out.
    I know hardware is ok, but building a same hardware with higher resolution screen will not take anything away from the software side if the team. Enyo automatically changes everything. Its like saying 64GB of TP would distract the software side to fix the current problems.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    maybe the 64GB indeed has a higher-resolution screen.

This would explain the need of the CPU-upgrade (1.2>1.5GHz), because more pixels means more calculation power needed.
    If that is real, it would be amazing.