Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I just got my TouchPad today and have lov'n it lot! Everything works well except for Skype which I can not get to work. I have it synced to my Sype account and it says I am online but it cant see any body else online. My computer is right front of me and logged into another account but I cant get my Touchpad to notice that it is online so I can call it. So basically, I cant call any Skype accounts and video chat. Anyone have skype working correctly and can video chat? I have heard of Mac problems with skype on the Touchpad but I have both a mac and a windows HP latop front of me and it cant see ether of them as online.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  2. #2  
    I used Skype to connect Touchpad to a laptop this week with audio and video, and tonight from Touchpad to Samsung TV (audio only because I need to buy a camera for the TV tomorrow).

    Are you able to have the Touchpad at least "dial" the Skype account to establish an audio call?

    I just ran a test where I made my TV "invisible" status. The Touchpad shows that account in the Phone Dialer/Contacts screen as "(Offline)". I pressed on it on the Touchpad and it dialed it just fine and the TV allowed me to answer.

    I ran another test where I logged out of Skype on the TV. The Touchpad shows the TV as "(Offline)". I pressed on it on the Touchpad and it dialed the TV just fine. However, the TV didn't show a "incoming call popup" because the Skype app isn't running.

    Another setting you should check is in the Phone app, go to the Preferences&Accounts screen. There is a "Calls" setting where you control what the default mode is when the Touchpad has both a Skype and a phone connected to it. I have that set to "Always Ask". This probably isn't your issue, but wanted to mention this setting just in case there's some quirky bug somewhere.

    Anyway, see if you can do some kind of similar tests to see if you can get something similar (or not) and report back. In all of my tests, as long as my contact in the Touchpad had a Skype account, I could "dial" them from the Touchpad regardless of their status.
  3. #3  
    having the same problem... Well actually i can make calls but cant see any video, only get audio. Is there anything I have to do to "turn on" the camera?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by salazar09 View Post
    having the same problem... Well actually i can make calls but cant see any video, only get audio. Is there anything I have to do to "turn on" the camera?
    If you are successfully making a call with Skype, you should see the dialer app connecting to the other Skype account (hence the word SKYPE being shown on the dialer). You should also see a video icon in the upper left. (see attached) Clicking that will turn on the camera window, BUT ONLY AFTER the recipient has answered the call and has accepted it as a video call.

    So if your process isn't working like that, you'll need to identify at which specific point it is failing in that process.

    There are reported incompatibility issues out there regarding Skype. Skype works good from one Windows PC to another. Doesn't work good going to Macs. I have had good luck from my Touchpad to a Windows 7 laptop and also to a Samsung LED TV running a Skype app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. ewl88's Avatar
    Posts
    201 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #5  
    I had problems with video with my brother's mac system. But his windows laptop worked ok with video. And the video looked good. His was actually crappy because of weak laptop video cam.
  6.    #6  
    I got it to work. All I had to do is reboot. It still doesn't update if they are online very much but if I call then it will connect and make the call. It works great but needs a little polish.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericblackdv View Post
    If you are successfully making a call with Skype, you should see the dialer app connecting to the other Skype account (hence the word SKYPE being shown on the dialer). You should also see a video icon in the upper left. (see attached) Clicking that will turn on the camera window, BUT ONLY AFTER the recipient has answered the call and has accepted it as a video call.

    So if your process isn't working like that, you'll need to identify at which specific point it is failing in that process.

    There are reported incompatibility issues out there regarding Skype. Skype works good from one Windows PC to another. Doesn't work good going to Macs. I have had good luck from my Touchpad to a Windows 7 laptop and also to a Samsung LED TV running a Skype app.
    So asking Skype to make a video call to my wife's qik account on her Epic 4G is out of the questiom...?
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  8. #8  
    Ive tried making video calls to both a mac and windows pc, both unsuccessful in video, but I do get audio. I receive calls from both and also only get audio. About 5 seconds or so into the calls,I click the camera button but nothing happens. I my preferences, every option is on. Something else I have to do?

    is there another way to test the camera? Another app?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I just got my TouchPad today and have lov'n it lot! Everything works well except for Skype which I can not get to work. I have it synced to my Sype account and it says I am online but it cant see any body else online. My computer is right front of me and logged into another account but I cant get my Touchpad to notice that it is online so I can call it. So basically, I cant call any Skype accounts and video chat. Anyone have skype working correctly and can video chat? I have heard of Mac problems with skype on the Touchpad but I have both a mac and a windows HP latop front of me and it cant see ether of them as online.
    Bumping this topic so I don't have to create another.

    If you try to text message with Skype on your Touchpad.. is it true that you need to have your cell phone connected to your Touchpad via bluetooth? I have a friend who lives in Canada and we're trying to communicate back and forth.. last night I was able to text her both on my desktop and on my cell phone but now I'd like to use my Touchpad and be capable of texting not just making skype calls.

    She has skype on both her laptop and her iphone.


    Edit: Ok so apparently there's Instant Messaging, Texting/SMS, and Call/Video. The messaging application which has my Skype account only gives me the option to make Calls/video and SMS not instant messaging -.-;


    Edit x2: lol now I see the option for Skype chat. Disregard my question, I've figured it out on my own
    Last edited by illmortal; 10/06/2011 at 09:32 PM.

Posting Permissions