1.    #1  
    Today I had a thought. I heard that the pre3 wasn't coming to sprint and I have up hoping for a touchpad because I couldn't use the touch to share. I had linked then in my brain that they must be bought together.

Does anyone rise feel this way?

Then I went and tried a touchpad and I'm definitely not getting it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    nah, i m moving on to att... If sprint wont support my needs then I wont support sprint either
    TTS has NOTHING to do with the carrier. The current touchpad doesnt eve have a cellular radio in it, just WiFi.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    TTS has NOTHING to do with the carrier. The current touchpad doesnt eve have a cellular radio in it, just WiFi.
    you're not getting my point.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Spade, I agree thay the TP & the Pre3 should have been launched together; however, what can we as a community really do about it? The TP is a fine device, I'm sure; though, without the supporting role of a "key feature" for that device, what's the point of HP, Best Buy, or any other retailer talking about it? It's like saying, as a company, "We have the best slicer available...as soon as the invention of bread comes along"... I know there is probably (there better be) more, and good news to come, but with no TTS out of the box, it really is a dissappointment... Now, I'm not making an attempt to be negative, but c'mon HP, at least let everyone know what's really going on with the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Today I had a thought. I heard that the pre3 wasn't coming to sprint and I have up hoping for a touchpad because I couldn't use the touch to share. I had linked then in my brain that they must be bought together.

Does anyone rise feel this way?

Then I went and tried a touchpad and I'm definitely not getting it.

I don't think TTS, at least in it's current state, is a deal breaker for purchasing a Touchpad. I am currently an Android phone user and I purchased a Touchpad over a Galaxy Tab 10.1 because:
    1. The latest Gingerbread update for my Droid X introduced a bug in which I cannot direct dial a phone number on a website (like I was once able to). Just one of a few examples.
    2. Delayed OS updates due to fragmentation
    Over the iPad 2 because:
    1. No flash in the browser. I want to use the browser over an app that mimicks a website
    You guys are all on crack. YES we know that there are no phones right now that can do TTS...

And we know that TTS is limited, BUT

1)Ruby said that the TTS API will be available to devs meaning more TTS goodness coming sooner than later
    2)TTS can also do things like sink open cards etc, not just transfer info
    3)If Sprint carrys no Pre3 or veer or slab.... then there will NEVER be TTS in any iteration on Sprint

AND that is a big feature going to be missing for Sprint Users

which is WEIGHING in on my decision to buy a touchpad.