1.    #1  
    How does the sms forwading work for the touch pad. I have orginal pre. Not surprised that i doesn't work but why does the phone call forward work and not the SMS?

This is interesting to me because I thought both used bluetooth to transfer the information.
    I'm not exactly sure, but I think it has to do with both versions of the software being the same in order for it to work. I know once 2.2 comes out, the devices that get the update (veer, pre2?, pre3) will be able to do it. Im not sure what the main difference between voice and sms is, honestly...i feel like i just talked myself in a circle...
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, that sucks...having that option and not being able to use it is frustrating. Could have helped so much and knowing the pre 3 has still some time before it's released.
    Either way...i was using the touchpad and it sucks that i cant use that feature yet.

and by the way, I by mistake posted in wrong thread...still thanks for the answer....GO WEBOs
    HP needs to release an update to webos before the txt messaging will work across devices.
    That feature alone was a massive selling point to me.
  6.    #6  
    But the update will be for newer phones right? (Veer, Pre 2, Pre 3?)...and can this be homebrewed, the feature? I mean, could there be a small chance. That would be awesome. SO pre - users could get it too.
    as far as I anyone has heard, it will be for devices running 2.x and updated to whatever the next point release is. 2.2/2.3 or whatever they call it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbinder View Post
    How does the sms forwading work for the touch pad. I have orginal pre. Not surprised that i doesn't work but why does the phone call forward work and not the SMS?

This is interesting to me because I thought both used bluetooth to transfer the information.
    Bluetooth can do a wide range of functions and abilities, however to handle all of this it has many profiles that it uses to control these functions. The profile needed to send text messages over Bluetooth is called Message Access Profile (MAP) this profile does not exist on the current devices in market therefore they are unable to send or receive the messages with the TouchPad, despite the TouchPad's vigorous attempts.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    That feature alone was a massive selling point to me.
    Me too and if the Pre3 is really confimed not coming to sprint, and thisismynext.com's rumor of NO webOS coming to sprint is true, then

ANYONE ON SPRINT'S network will NEVER be able to have this feature
    The first time I paired the to and pre plus my messages showed up on the to. Now nothing.
    now that the 2.2 doctor is out for the pre3 I think there should be a way to get the messaging working between the tp and legacy devices.