Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    is there a tablet optimized version of Google maps that we can access, and if so what is the url?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    the web version, maps.google.com , works, but is kind of a pain to use after using BFG. It is not nearly as full-featured as BFG on the phone, and is not as nice to use in terms of figuring out how to get it to scroll, etc. It seems to use the older very limited version, instead of the layered interface I've seen in phone versions.
  3.    #3  
    I could figure out to scroll, zoom in, etc. Does Google really not have a tablet optimized website?

What's the URL for the iPhone Google Maps website that works to varying degrees on the Pre.
    Something wrong with the bing implementation on the touchpad?

Google doesn't need a tablet version of its website, not with the pad and all honeycomb so far having a tablet app. There's very little motivation for them to devote resources to it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    Something wrong with the bing implementation on the touchpad?

Google doesn't need a tablet version of its website, not with the pad and all honeycomb so far having a tablet app. There's very little motivation for them to devote resources to it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    bing is horrible... The search function is lame. I cant search for stores. I hope I'm doing something wrong.. Anyone else able to search for stores?
  6.    #6  
    No biking direction on Bing. And yeah, search is horrible. Doesn't seem to take into account where you are & automatically jumps to #1/might as be only result.
    thats surprising, bing maps desktop version has always worked fairly well for me, hopefully microsoft will fix that.

And arent biking directions the same as walking directions for the most part? I've never biked anywhere that there was a cycle lane but not a side walk
    the search really sucks on bing, no reviews from other sites, otherwise its usable. But half my map on phone is for searching stuff.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Frack bing and microsoft along with it.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Bing maps also lacks transit directions to a great extent..

Even if Bing did have more transit agencies on their service, it'd be impossible to use because like jakerome said, it doesn't bother to search in relation to where you are, it's seriously infuriating to use.

We ***need*** a native Google Maps app. Seriously.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Bing, and most everything else Microsnot , is junk. Google Maps, like most other sites, works fine on my TouchPad and Pre+. Too bad they didn't use Googlemaps as the default bug its mot a big deal.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    im surpised we cant choose like we can on the pre. Bing seriously is useless... For example open it up and then search for "walmart" and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome View Post
    I could figure out to scroll, zoom in, etc.
    I can't. Care to share? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    I can't. Care to share? :-)
    +1

I'd also like to knwo how to zoom/drag/scroll Google Maps on Touchpads.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I just tried to do a route and at the bottom of the route it give the option to choose mobile or classic. Choose classic and then re enter the directions. Then use the "old fashioned" slider and + / - symbols and you can move around.

I am off to play some more. If this isnt the only way please let me know.

Paul
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Google have a mobile site for Google Map. When I go to Google Maps with the touchpad, iam in the google maps for mobile and its work great! Zoom, move around and find place very well
    Quote Originally Posted by LOGIK3 View Post
    Google have a mobile site for Google Map. When I go to Google Maps with the touchpad, iam in the google maps for mobile and its work great! Zoom, move around and find place very well
    I have to use the +- keys to zoom. Can't pinch/zoom. Can't pan left/right up/down with gestures. The default TP Map does that on bing. We need a better google map interface.
    Hey guys, I modified BFG Maps to work in fullscreen on the Touchpad.

Has all google maps features and even Street View!

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jbloggs and mc_gusto like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Enjoy
    Nice. Street view is amazing.
    Will donate
    Is there a search function,
    edit nvm found it
    Is there a way to move ahead in street view?
    Last edited by gergev; 11/04/2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Enjoy
    At the risk of ridicule, how do I install this? I downloaded it to my TP but got a string of text.

Google Maps on TP really struggles for some reason. Its like they designed it to force you to use the Native Bing Maps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast