Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    For all who love Google Maps... I renamed my com.palm.app.maps under /usr/palm/applications ...
    to something else changed the app I'd in appinfo.json. The under app/assistant/app-assistant.jsjsjs $changed$ $AppAssistant$.$googleMapsUrl$ $From$ $maps$.$google$.$com$/$maps$/$m$ $to$ $maps$.$google$.$com$/$maps$/$mm$. $Now$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $100$% $like$ $the$ $old$ $app$. $But$ $it$ $is$ $google$ $maps$.

Saw this on another thread that the double mm site works but the single m does not...
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Hey guys, I modified BFG Maps to work in fullscreen on the Touchpad.

Has all google maps features and even Street View!

Enjoy
    Looks promising, but it has some quirks. If I do a search and try Get Directions To, it briefly shows the map and then returns to the Directions start/destination screen
    with destination blank, and no way to get out of it without closing the app.
    Presumably could get out with a Back gesture, but TP doesn't have one. Shouldn't
    be there in the first place.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    For all who love Google Maps... I renamed my com.palm.app.maps under /usr/palm/applications ...
    to something else changed the app I'd in appinfo.json. The under app/assistant/app-assistant.jsjsjs $changed$ $AppAssistant$.$googleMapsUrl$ $From$ $maps$.$google$.$com$/$maps$/$m$ $to$ $maps$.$google$.$com$/$maps$/$mm$. $Now$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $100$% $like$ $the$ $old$ $app$. $But$ $it$ $is$ $google$ $maps$.

Saw this on another thread that the double mm site works but the single m does not...
    what does this do? what functionality do you lose/gain?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Hey guys, I modified BFG Maps to work in fullscreen on the Touchpad.

Has all google maps features and even Street View!

Enjoy
    Awesome. its weird that streetview dragging works but map dragging doesn't. Or is it just me. Thanks tho, very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    what does this do? what functionality do you lose/gain?
    well the google map app works again, instead of a white screen... But to test just open your browser to maps.google.com/maps/mm and you see what you get.
    oh this is for phones, not touchpad? ok thats why i was confused.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Awesome. its weird that streetview dragging works but map dragging doesn't. Or is it just me. Thanks tho, very interesting.
    Map dragging should work, but I had the same problem you're seeing.
    First time I launched it map dragging did not work. 2nd time it worked fine.

ian
    If someone wants, I have made own app with full screen webview of mobile version gmaps:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...gmaps-you.html
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Quote Originally Posted by skrenlin View Post
    Frack bing and microsoft along with it.
    Ugg, no kidding.

I recently had a fun experience with microsoft. My 2 year old was watching netflix on the tv with me and my wife. He grabs the remote, slams on a couple buttons, and backs out of netflix. Before I can even react he clicks on a big ad on the main screen for buying halo reach, 5 seconds later he's spent 41$.

Literally, the whole process took a couple of seconds. Just my son mashing the A button. I have xbox live on auto-renew which means my credit card is on file - I've NEVER purchased anything from the xbox live marketplace previously. There was no protection, no parent lock, no password, it just literally let a 2 year old bang on the A button three times and spend 41 bucks.

The download doesn't even start (no space on the xbox harddrive), I call up xbox live immediately to correct this. I think any sensible person on the planet would say this should be EASY to correct.

They tell me the terms of service clearly state all purchases are final, and that there was a warning displayed when my son was purchasing the game. I explain he was two years old and incapable of reading terms of service or making sound monetary policy, and that he had literally done it while smashing his fingers on the remote in the space of five seconds, well under the amount of time it would take for me to teach my son to read so he could properly respond to said message. Yes, at this point I was getting annoyed, you should have heard the tone of this guy - he was practically laughing at me as he told me my 2 year old should have read the terms of service.

I get to a supervisor. I'm being perfectly calm for the situation but she gets extremely confrontational, telling me I am going to have to suck it up and pay the 41$, and that not only is there nothing she is going to do, that there is nobody above her anyone gets to talk to. She goes on to talk about kids that have spent hundreds of dollars in this way that weren't refunded, and that I wasn't special.

She explains they aren't set up to revoke a digital license for a digital product that I never downloaded and have absolutely no interest in owning. She says I can feel free to call my bank and attempt to challenge the charge but that nobody at microsoft will EVER refund that 41$ no matter what I do.

So yeah.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12