Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By SnotBoogie
  • 1 Post By ExWebOSFan
  • 1 Post By Pearl_Diva
  1.    #1  
    Let's be honest. The people who are returning touchpads bought it when they didn't really need it or could afford it. They are justifying the return on problems that will probably be fixed for the most part in a few weeks and are using 30 day return policies to test toys.
    Yeah. My local best buy says that the TouchPad has basically zero percent in returns. I was the only exchange because my charger came broken out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by mperkinsky View Post
    Let's be honest. The people who are returning touchpads bought it when they didn't really need it or could afford it.
    Really? Everybody? Every single person in the entire planet that has returned a touchpad is returning them for that reason? There isn't one person that like just didn't like it? Not one single person ever had a real problem? The touchpad is perfect? Come on. A blanket statement like that is not plausible.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Wow - where did you get your data? This is something HP should get the word out on. Not 1 TouchPad will be returned because someone doesn't like it or it's actually a bad unit. This is the first time ever that a product will have ZERO returns because EVERYONE has to love it. Amazing and a huge win for HP.

Quote Originally Posted by mperkinsky View Post
    Let's be honest. The people who are returning touchpads bought it when they didn't really need it or could afford it. They are justifying the return on problems that will probably be fixed for the most part in a few weeks and are using 30 day return policies to test toys.
    also, read some of the posts in this thread. Seems folks are taking it back because they really don't like it. They expected more and don't have faith in HP coming through for them.

Check out post #14 too.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...nal-straw.html
    Last edited by Midway99; 07/08/2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Repeated twice for emphasis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Wow - where did you get your data? This is something HP should get the word out on. Not 1 TouchPad will be returned because someone doesn't like it or it's actually a bad unit. This is the first time ever that a product will have ZERO returns because EVERYONE has to love it. Amazing and a huge win for HP.

also, read some of the posts in this thread. Seems folks are taking it back because they really don't like it. They expected more and don't have faith in HP coming through for them.

Check out post #14 too.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...nal-straw.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-back-now.html
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
    I think they are justifying the returns on the fact that they needed something now that the TouchPad isn't offering. Maybe they don't feel like waiting for a firmware update. Some people will wait, some won't.

Is there a definite timeline for the firmware updates? If not, they are justified in returning within 30 days if they really needed something the TouchPad isn't offering them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Midway99 likes this.
    I exchanged two Touchpads now. The first one was dead in the box and when I finally got it running it would not hold the charge.. must have been a bad battery. It also had a screen separation.

The second return had a screen separation along the edge where the speakers are. This separation was pretty bad and it seemed like the screen was lifting away from the unit. Seems like it was not glues or seated well.

Now on my third unit and have my fingers crossed that this will be my last one. So far everything looks good.. Battery was good and no separations.
    Hardware defects are definitely justified.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!