1.    #1  
    When I first got my TP, it set up my Gmail account automatically. Pretty cool.

Now, nuttin'!

Folders list is gone (not empty, just gone) and it will not sync with Gmail at all.

I tried removing the account and adding it back but still, nothing.

Ideas?
    Sorry I don't have any answers but I'm having similar issues with msn.com so I hope you don't mind me throwing my problem out too. I can login and the little icon says I have (X#) of emails but when I click on the icon I get an error message. I can still login via my Pre and my laptop and have tried clearing the case. Any ideas anyone?
    I had a gmail issue as well yesterday and the day before.

Everything was working fine. Then at some point in the evening two days ago, no more mail came in. I changed the update method from push to 5 minutes and still no mail came in. I sent an email from the TP and it never went out. It was in this state for about 24 hours.

I then removed my gmail email account from the entire tablet and then added it back and everything's back in working order. I think I just removed gmail account from the email app. I don't think I removed the entire google account from the entire TP.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I had a gmail issue as well yesterday and the day before.

Everything was working fine. Then at some point in the evening two days ago, no more mail came in. I changed the update method from push to 5 minutes and still no mail came in. I sent an email from the TP and it never went out. It was in this state for about 24 hours.

I then removed my gmail email account from the entire tablet and then added it back and everything's back in working order. I think I just removed gmail account from the email app. I don't think I removed the entire google account from the entire TP.
    I'll try that.

Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    well, that seemed to work!

thanks!
    Great. Glad to have helped.

I ran into the problem again. I think the gmail account not working issue is somehow related to the Facebook picture syncing issue. The reason is I just tried to fix the Facebook picture syncing issue and it rendered my gmail to not work... again.

I'm gonna get this figured out, but running out of time today...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    When I first got my TP, it set up my Gmail account automatically. Pretty cool.

Now, nuttin'!

Folders list is gone (not empty, just gone) and it will not sync with Gmail at all.

I tried removing the account and adding it back but still, nothing.

Ideas?
    I posted a bug in the buglist thread similar to this, but for me the solution was different. Gmail would not sync on my corporate WiFi, even though my Pre had no issues on the same network. As soon as I connected to a different WiFi network it started working again.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers