Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have done an experiment with friend of mine, she wants to get a tablet for her dad, she used my TP on day one and after a while she started complaining that it is fat and heavy. I'm like OK, what are you thinking of then, she said samy 10.1 or ipad2.

I told her to keep hands folded like she is holding tab for 10 mins without resting the hand on anything and she could not do it more than 3 mins.

It doesn't matter ipad2 or samy 10.1. if you want tablet then you have to go through this and make habit of holding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    It doesn't matter ipad2 or samy 10.1. if you want tablet then you have to go through this and make habit of holding it.
    but... but... the other two will still be lighter than the TP.
    Thickness doesn't bother me. Wouldn't mind if it was lighter.
    anyways its for her dad... he may not care about the extra weight.

but think about this... you wanna choose the the best tab for him to enjoy... and hope you never hear how you chose a device that he gets ****ed when it loses sound out of nowhere or reboots sporadically or hear from him all the time that there is no app that he wants that he sees his friends have on the 'other' tablets.

you have confidence in hp/tp... then go for it.
    Since weight doesnt matter lets make TP even fatter, I say.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    laoh and IcerC like this.
    Let's follow the car trend. Bigger is better.
    Actually if you see current car sales break down for the year, the trend is smaller and lighter. I think your about a generation behind. Somewhat like...

Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Let's follow the car trend. Bigger is better.
    laoh likes this.
    I have an iPad1 and thought it was somewhat heavy, but got used to it after a while and really I don't even notice now. I think this feels a lot better being plastic than that polished aluminum. that actually hurts my hands after an hour of use.

The size doesn't bother or matter to me one bit really. I think they did a damn good job being a first gen device.
    kjb86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urresidentcomedian View Post
    Anybody's wife/gf ask you guys if they look like a TP?
    "Honey... does this TP make me look fat?"
    Rnp likes this.
    Actually it will probably make her look thinner. Like at a party, a girl always likes to bring a fatty along to make the other look thinner

Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    No honey... on the contrary since this TP is so fat, it makes you look skinny.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Actually it will probably make her look thinner. Like at a party, a girl always likes to bring a fatty along to make the other look thinner
    The proper response is:

"Only when you put it in your pocket like that."
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Actually if you see current car sales break down for the year, the trend is smaller and lighter. I think your about a generation behind. Somewhat like...
    Current trends actually point toward higher fuel efficiency vehicles. It's just that smaller and lighter is the easiest way for an auto manufacturer to achieve that. I think Ford is really the only one that managed it by actually improving on their engines with their "Ecoboost" design.
    Ive held both, and personally, the iPad2 is too thin and, while it is definitely a solidly built product, it feels "fragile" to me.. the TP felt just right... the edges were tapered well so that its thickness isnt really felt at any edge to make it feal like a "brick"...

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

cobrakon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    ...Bigger is better.

:P
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    akshunj likes this.
    Got my case today, and the ability to prop up the TP at two angles on a table makes the weight thing pretty irrelevant most of the time.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Bad answer..."No, it's the fat that makes you look fat"...
    Mine is probably going back as it is too heavy for me and I'll wait for Opal. I've tried the Tab (little one) and really liked the feel and size (similar to my Kindle that goes everywhere with me)- I've also tried a Xoom (felt wrong just wrong). I didn't like the android system-webOS has spoiled me. My plan is to use the Opal like my smartphone and go with a pay as you go phone-esp if no Preł or Veer on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Ive held both, and personally, the iPad2 is too thin and, while it is definitely a solidly built product, it feels "fragile" to me.. the TP felt just right... the edges were tapered well so that its thickness isnt really felt at any edge to make it feal like a "brick"...

This. ^^ I finally got to try out my (previously) second runner up, the Transformer and was horribly let down by the design. The textured aluminum back almost cost me $400 when I almost dropped it twice and would have had to give my friend $$$ to replace it. Also the 90° corners on the sides?? Seriously? The thing was marking then inside of my palm after 10 mins. The speed was fine, Android 3.1 is better for sure, but the design elements were terrible.

As for the iP2 and GT10, I agree they Feel cheap and fragile like holding a Wal-Mart brand wine glass versus a Swarovski wine glass. The TPad is definitely more solid and less fragile feeling which is why I laugh when I hear people say the TPad build quality is not up to par.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    This. ^^ I finally got to try out my (previously) second runner up, the Transformer and was horribly let down by the design. The textured aluminum back almost cost me $400 when I almost dropped it twice and would have had to give my friend $$$ to replace it. Also the 90° corners on the sides?? Seriously? The thing was marking then inside of my palm after 10 mins. The speed was fine, Android 3.1 is better for sure, but the design elements were terrible.

As for the iP2 and GT10, I agree they free cheap and fragile like holding a Wal-Mart brand wine glass versus a Swarovski wine glass. The TPad is definitely more solid and less fragile feeling which is why I laugh when I hear people say the TPad build quality is not up to par.
    Mind my asking what Transformer do you have? What 90° corners?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast