Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 121
Like Tree132Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pspscons View Post
    The TouchPad has helped me get back into shape ever since I sold my old XBOX. When I had that I was huge, but after it faded into obscurity I stopped training with it. Now that I have the TouchPad I look like that guy from "Lady in the Water" with the one huge arm.
    wow, uh TMI card for you!

    I see pandas.
  2.    #62  
    Dang it...Hp just announced the new 4g tablet will in fact be running on AT&T 4g and running at 1.5 Ghz....
    That's 50% faster than the iPad 2....Why would I want all that speed? No thanks I would rather work at a slower speed, especially since I despise that stupid thing called multitasking...bleh!
  3. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Dang it...Hp just announced the new 4g tablet will in fact be running on AT&T 4g and running at 1.5 Ghz....
    That's 50% faster than the iPad 2....Why would I want all that speed? No thanks I would rather work at a slower speed, especially since I despise that stupid thing called multitasking...bleh!
    I'm counting on webOS Internals to make an under-clocking kernel...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  4. #64  
    I hate my Touchpad because of the inefficiency of multi-tasking! I'm tired of the two seconds (stutter!) I have to wait for an app to load on the Touchpad because its doing more than two things at once. A whole two seconds!! I want to be able to maximize my time.

    What good is it to have dual processors in a device and have multiple apps running at the same time? Why not use both of those cores to run one app at a time? That is a feature that I want and HP is keeping it from me. The reviewers agree with me. Cnet, Engadget, and others tells me it is better to run one app at a time because it is near instant. You see, if the both processors are only burdened with running one app at a time then that app is displayed instantaneously. The Apple engineers are geniuses! Why don't all computers run this way. Way more efficient!

    Why doesn't HP or the webOS community realize this? Why have the flaw of running multiple apps at a time on the same screen? Tablets are suppose to be a third device, not actually replace our computers! HP really screwed up by making a device that actually behaves like a computer. They even had the nerve to put flash on it! I was suckered into buying an actual laptop replacement! I didn't want that. I wanted to spend nearly $600 on a bigger version of my portable music player, not an actual computer!

    I would take it back to Best Buy but they want to charge me an extra restocking fee because the thing weighs an additional 3 ounces. Also, Fed-Ex won't ship anything that large so what am I going to do?

    I really should have listened to Cnet. Now I have to figure out what to do with my laptop.
    Rockbeast likes this.
  5. #65  
    Ok, I think I have solved everyone's problems. I have done a lot of research into tablets and have found the perfect solution for everyone!


    BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE TABLET! The only thing holding you back is your imagination!!

  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Ok, I think I have solved everyone's problems. I have done a lot of research into tablets and have found the perfect solution for everyone!


    BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE TABLET! The only thing holding you back is your imagination!!

    Does it come with that cool white stylus, or is that an accessory?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

    RafRol likes this.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Does it come with that cool white stylus, or is that an accessory?
    It comes with one half the size of that. You need to purchase extras. What's really cool about the stylus though is that it actually works from BOTH ENDS! So it's great for all the left handed people out there that do everything upside down and backwards! Also, there's a special accessory that you need, but it doesn't come with it. It can be yours for the low low price of $19.99

    RafRol likes this.
  8. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #68  
    This thread is ...

    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    angiest likes this.
  9.    #69  
    You know people talk about the difference in screen image quality between all the different tablets and I have to say the iPad has the better screen quality. No matter the fact that the TouchPad and the iPad have the same resolution, it must be better because Steve Jobs was involved...Right? I mean anything Steve Jobs touches is pure gold!
  10. #70  
    What is the fun in having millions of apps on iPad, you can't run more than one at a time
    Rnp likes this.
  11. #71  
    I'm also upset with the logo! Other tablets have a half bitten piece of fruit on the back of them or a little green robot. I get stuck with the letters "h" and "p" on the back of mine. What happen, was the weight of the extra paint a little too much to put one of these logos on it? How are people suppose to take me seriously with lower case letters on the back of my tablet?
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I'm counting on webOS Internals to make an under-clocking kernel...
    That's right, a tablet has to run at 1GHz to be taken seriously. Anything over that is not innovative. HP should underclock all of their tablets to 1GHz to seriously compete. What were they thinking? Having an extra 200 to 500MHz in clock speed is clunky and won't be understood by the consumer.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRise View Post
    What is the fun in having millions of apps on iPad, you can't run more than one at a time
    you can in background. On webOS in foreground. But in both OSes, you can only be active only in one app, unless TP supports dragging and dropping data from one card to another, or inserting one card into another. This unjustified bragging is making us (webOS fans) even bigger losers than we are.
  14. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    you can in background. On webOS in foreground. But in both OSes, you can only be active only in one app, unless TP supports dragging and dropping data from one card to another, or inserting one card into another. This unjustified bragging is making us (webOS fans) even bigger losers than we are.
    Oh, so my laptop is, by your definition, single-tasking. Let's all go back to DOS!
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    You know people talk about the difference in screen image quality between all the different tablets and I have to say the iPad has the better screen quality. No matter the fact that the TouchPad and the iPad have the same resolution, it must be better because Steve Jobs was involved...Right? I mean anything Steve Jobs touches is pure gold!
    Having the same resolution does not actually determine screen quality. That is one factor in a sea of factors. Beyond screen resolution, you have the panel type (TFT versus IPS), bit-depth (18 bit versus 24 bit), viewing angles (100 degrees versus 170 degrees), etc. Displaying the same amount of pixels as each other says nothing about how images will actually look on the screens.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    That's right, a tablet has to run at 1GHz to be taken seriously. Anything over that is not innovative. HP should underclock all of their tablets to 1GHz to seriously compete. What were they thinking? Having an extra 200 to 500MHz in clock speed is clunky and won't be understood by the consumer.
    The TouchPad has been consistently mentioned in reviews as under-performing for its current clock speed of 1.2GHz. Just having that clock speed isn't enough to guarantee performance; that comes down to the optimization done which even by PreCentral has been admittedly lacking in areas. I am legitimately curious: Why must the TouchPad be either the worst product in existence or the only product without faults? You can indeed admit that it has problems while still supporting it. The current reactions here are childish, like a kid parading his toy around the playground.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpora View Post
    The TouchPad has been consistently mentioned in reviews as under-performing for its current clock speed of 1.2GHz. Just having that clock speed isn't enough to guarantee performance; that comes down to the optimization done which even by PreCentral has been admittedly lacking in areas. I am legitimately curious: Why must the TouchPad be either the worst product in existence or the only product without faults? You can indeed admit that it has problems while still supporting it. The current reactions here are childish, like a kid parading his toy around the playground.
    Corpora,

    You miss the point. If you look all over these forums you will find posts from me and others here about the flaws of the Touchpad. This whole thread is a gag thread to let off some steam. The point is that the Touchpad has its flaws but so does everything else.

    At least the Touchpad has the potential to be faster with an OTA update since it already has the hardware built in. Nine days and counting!
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    you can in background. On webOS in foreground. But in both OSes, you can only be active only in one app, unless TP supports dragging and dropping data from one card to another, or inserting one card into another. This unjustified bragging is making us (webOS fans) even bigger losers than we are.
    Another person who doesn't understand sarcasm.. And no it is not the same as iOS or Android (I use them both on a daily basis) but dropping and dragging would be a cool feature to add. Although, it is just essentially a graphical representation of cut and paste or copy and paste.
  19. #79  
    It's not that the sarcasm isn't understood, it's that it no longer rings true of a parody when there are many actual posts which sound the same as the sarcastic ones.
  20.    #80  
    I think this thread is turning into something with a sarcastic tone...I do NOT approve of this.
    I was being extremely serious about every single post in this thread that I have made.....
    Now let's all start dogging on the TouchPad and how bad of a product it really is again.
    ty
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions