Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #21  
    I have not even received my 32G TP as of yet (due here Monday) but the more I read the more disappointed and frustrated I am getting.

    I'm heavily leaning towards just returning the TP to Costco (as well as the Touchstone to BB) when it gets here and get the Samsung Galaxy or ipad. My main reasoning for going with this device was for it to be my travel companion as I travel 80% of the time (home 1 week a month) and the main selling point to me was Netflix, Zinio mag reader, Kindle, sync with my Outlook calendar and Office. I was even going to go as far as getting the Pre3 (when released)and drop my Iphone so I can have complete compatibility/functionality all the way around, but with (what I feel) misrepresentation of this device/s functionality at the pre launch and the non existent communication from HP in regards to many open issues I cant see trusting them to have "future updates". They promised XYZ and have given zero, I was willing to put up with the little "bugs" that come with the system since it is new but the more and more non functionality I see the more second thoughts I am having. It is really extremely discouraging..
    Last edited by 06gto; 07/08/2011 at 11:00 AM.
  2. #22  
    Well, aren't a lot of issues being fixed in....I don't know, like a week? My calendar is pretty buggy as well, but so was the Pre's for the first almost year of it's life.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 06gto View Post
    I have not even received my 32G TP as of yet (due here Monday) but the more I read the more disappointed and frustrated I am getting.

    I'm heavily leaning towards just returning the TP to Costco (as well as the Touchstone to BB) when it gets here and get the Samsung Galaxy or ipad. My main reasoning for going with this device was for it to be my travel companion as I travel 80% of the time (home 1 week a month) and the main selling point to me was Netflix, Zinio mag reader, Kindle, sync with my Outlook calendar and Office. I was even going to go as far as getting the Pre3 (when released)and drop my Iphone so I can have complete compatibility/functionality all the way around, but with (what I feel) misrepresentation of this device/s functionality at the pre launch and the non existent communication from HP in regards to many open issues I cant see trusting them to have "future updates". They promised XYZ and have given zero, I was willing to put up with the little "bugs" that come with the system since it is new but the more and more non functionality I see the more second thoughts I am having. It is really extremely discouraging..
    Well you have 90 day return policy with Costco, so might as well try it first and if you don't like it, then just bring it back.
  4. #24  
    also, they are planning to compete in every imaginable way in the tablet market. They aren't just going to drop the ball on their billion dollar baby. I still have faith. Hell, I had faith when my second pre was dying, and I got a touchpad. Who knows whats next? Lets just hope it is netflix, more cloud options and a beautiful text editor. For the time being i'll just use tapnote.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Understand the OP's situation perfectly. For me the killer was Kindle not working and to lesser extent no calculator. C'mon HP really! Those coupled with all the other issues...

    Anyway, I took mine back to BestBuy. I just don't have any confidence in HP coming up with OTA update(s) that will fix all these issues. Their silence is deafening! Meanwhile I plan to sit on the sidelines for a while and see if they do any better in the future.
    I had a better plan- I bought android tablet, where I have Kindle and doc editing. So now I am waiting on 2 things: TP gets OTA and everything starts working and price on TP drops.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    ...
    I could probably live with all that for a while. But then I discover that the calendar app does not sync reliably with google calendars. According to a live chat rep, webOS only syncs with google one month back and two months forward. This is apparently a webOS limitation - a new limitation, because this was never the case on the pre. I use several calendars on google and frequently schedule events six months to a year in advance - with no issues on webOS in the past.
    ...
    I keep hearing this come up, and keep not finding this to be the case (at least for me)

    I just scrolled to December. See the attached file.

    The Baseline meetings on Fridays were scheduled in my GroupWise account at work (sorry there's not more to test, most of the long-term planned meetings expire in the next few days). That GroupWise account is sync'd to my Google Account, and pulled to my Pre and Touchpad.

    It took a few seconds to pull down when I first scrolled to it. I suspect that had I not been connected to the internet, I would not see them until the first time I connected, and scrolled to them. That's the way it works with my Pre, it was just more noticable with the Pre, since it was slower to pull them down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 06gto View Post
    ...They promised XYZ and have given zero, I was willing to put up with the little "bugs" that come with the system since it is new but the more and more non functionality I see the more second thoughts I am having. It is really extremely discouraging..
    This is where these rants get me.

    <<staff edit>>

    You probably should take it back though, just don't go spreading nonsense in the mean time.

    BTW, I don't think they promised you Netflix, yet that was a major reason you bought it? Did you read about the device before purchasing?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/08/2011 at 10:20 PM.
  8. #28  
    The Google sync 'thing' started with webOS 2.x.x. There is a Preware patch that sync's back and forward a number of year.
    The uber calendar patch added the day compression to webOS 1.x.x long before the Pre2.
    Hopefully both these patches can be migrated to the TP.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I certainly understand the OP's frustration. But in answer to the Enterprise chase, how does the calendar sync with Exchange? That's what most businesses use, google isn't secure enough..
    Exchange calendar synching is working for me. I had intended to use my google account for my default calendar but because of the described issues in this thread I found that exchange works better.
  10. #30  
    Wow am I ever having flashback of when I first got the Palm Pre, I'd honestly wait. Wait for them to get all their act together. I kept thinking the next update they'll address several issues with the palm pre, and some descent apps to be productive with work and entertainment would be made. I've waited 2 years and still no, my iPod touch has better apps, I dont care if it multitasks, I just want it to be able to do a productive task period.
  11. #31  
    Good reasons to return the TouchPad I say. Bravo for not being just a hating troll. I use the calendar a lot, but not for more than a month in advance. I love the calendar, even though it lost the AMAZINGNESS it had with previous versions of webOS.

    Document editing.... i need it immediately. Like, right now. Im sure its not HP's doing. I think it's quickoffice not being "quick" enough for the office.
  12. #32  
    Document editing, despite everyone knowing about the TouchPad not having it at first, can be a killer if it is not released soon. Without the ability to edit documents, what I have is a large smartphone that cannot make calls. Granted, I like everything else about the TouchPad and am prepared to wait.

    My problem with the calendar app is a problem that has been with every prior webOS release: the lack of custom reminders. Really, I'm not sure how great the accordion effect would be on the TouchPad calendar app, as the screen is much larger than a phone and I have no problem scrolling with the finger quickly to the appropriate time.

    One question I'd like to have answered though, after entering a few calendar events from the tablet and phone, is will the two Palm profile calendar entries sync with each other. I've created events on both devices, for different times, pressed sync on both, but they have not traded information with each other yet--I'll test later, maybe it takes a few minutes.

    I personally am not getting to bent about the bugs I have encountered, which also include apps like Facebook--damn that app is going to rock when they have the bugs kinked out. I do really want and need doc editing though
    Last edited by rkeni; 07/08/2011 at 05:54 PM.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Whoever decided to add the calendar limits to webOS 2.x should have been fired, and whoever decided to remove the compression so we can't see an entire day should be right behind.
    I agree completely. Definitely file this in the "*** were they thinking?" department.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think it wouldn't affect you if you are already using a 1.x profile and apply it to a 2.x phone. Unless you remove and then add the account back in.

    for that there is a 2.x patch in Preware that makes your first sync include many months in both directions. Hopefully that will be adapted for the TP soon, too.

    ps, the Pre2 rocks, and it's worth it unless your phone is primarily for scheduling appointments waaaaay in the future.
    I like my pre 2 but the calendar is screwed -- ity does not sync out -- new items added on the computer show up on the pre 2 but cannot be edited - (you will end up with a double entry ) added events on the phone never show up on the net ----- the calendar worked perfectly on 1.4.5 and before -- why screw up a good thing? it was a huge perk and now you have to work around it --i agree the calendar jerk should be fired
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by 06gto View Post
    ...and the non existent communication from HP in regards to many open issues I cant see trusting them to have "future updates".
    I apoligize you have not received any communication from HP in regards to the many "open" issues.

    Are there any issues in particular you can speak to about this?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  16. pluka's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    I just don't have any confidence in HP coming up with OTA update(s) that will fix all these issues. Their silence is deafening! Meanwhile I plan to sit on the sidelines for a while and see if they do any better in the future.
    I couldn't say it better. I have a TP on the way to my local Office Depot, but if these issues aren't fixed within the return period, it's going back. If I hear Rubenstien say "in the coming months" one more time, I'll toss my lunch. Actually, I'd like to punch his smug face, but I'll try to be mature about it.
  17. #37  
    Have you tried google docs for doc editing? It could work, although when I tried it on the touchpad it was SUPER SLOW.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeni View Post
    D...
    One question I'd like to have answered though, after entering a few calendar events from the tablet and phone, is will the two Palm profile calendar entries sync with each other. I've created events on both devices, for different times, pressed sync on both, but they have not traded information with each other yet--I'll test later, maybe it takes a few minutes.
    ...
    I don't think that HP has proposedmthat information stored locally would sync with another device's local information. It pulls information from other cloud soruces, and consolodates it on the device, and also shows the device's local information.

    Set up a cloud account Like Google), update that, it'll show on both xevices.
  19. #39  
    Has anyone tried yahoo calendar? I'm wondering if that syncs up properly or has the same issues.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    The uber calendar patch added the day compression to webOS 1.x.x long before the Pre2.
    Hopefully both these patches can be migrated to the TP.
    I don't think that's correct. I've never used Uber, but I've had the accordion thing since day 1.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions