Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Basic swipes can be found in the HP TouchPad User Guide

    Have any others? Post and I'll update the OP.


    Additional Swipes:

    Open Launcher 2 finger swipe: use 2 fingers to swipe up from bottom of TouchPad when in full screen view to open the launcher (same as on phones)


    Keyboard:
    ADDITIONAL KEYS: tap and hold almost any key (e.g. a, z, 1) to get other options as follows:
    a: , , , , , , ,

    Select whole word: tap and hold anywhere on word
    Delete whole word: Shift (tap and hold) + Backspace
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/12/2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: additional tips
    I see pandas.
  2. #2  
    Hold down a key on the virtual keyboard and if it has additional characters bound to it, they will display for selection. Also, all the keys that have additional characters bound to them will be marked with "..." in the lower right corner of the key.
  3.    #3  
    Just noticed this one:

    Delete whole word: Shift (tap and hold) + Backspace
    I see pandas.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Just noticed this one:

    Delete whole word: Shift (tap and hold) + Backspace
    Yep, you can do this on all webOS devices (and your home computer).
  5.    #5  
    heh, yeah, I just haven't used that for so long it was new again.

    Plus, I was trying to find a shortcut to delete a whole line without using Select All.
    I see pandas.
  6. #6  
    Does anyone know how to navigate websites taht have nested drop-down menus? That is the one major thing I cannot figure out. Thanks.
  7. #7  
    Another question would be how to scroll within frames on certain web sites with more than one frame? I've had issues scrolling on the Evernote site and on Amazon Cloud Player.
  8. #8  
    Try holding down (but not dragging) for a few seconds, and then dragging.

    You should see a very faint gray outline come over the frame that's draggable, you can then drag the content within the frame.
  9. #9  
    How do you move between characters? On the Pre(+/-) you could hold down Function and drag on the screen. Anything similar?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Another question would be how to scroll within frames on certain web sites with more than one frame? I've had issues scrolling on the Evernote site and on Amazon Cloud Player.
    I would like to know this too. I can't figure out how to scroll on some sites either.
    I see pandas.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Does anyone know how to navigate websites taht have nested drop-down menus? That is the one major thing I cannot figure out. Thanks.
    I still can't even figure out how to get the first layer of drop-down menus to work. Like from the PreCentral main site, if you hover over Forums, you get the drop down with options like "Latest Posts, HP Touchpad, etc..."

    I can not figure out how to get that menu to drop down while browsing with the TP.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    I would like to know this too. I can't figure out how to scroll on some sites either.
    Try double-tapping on the frame in question, then scrolling.
  13. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    I still can't even figure out how to get the first layer of drop-down menus to work. Like from the PreCentral main site, if you hover over Forums, you get the drop down with options like "Latest Posts, HP Touchpad, etc..."

    I can not figure out how to get that menu to drop down while browsing with the TP.
    As an interface designer for a dozen years, I've learned that every menu needs to have multiple ways of reaching content. Not everyone can utilize drop-down menus. It looks like many site designers have been spoiled by working on javascript-enabled desktop browsers. As such, sites that have been designed for desktops (and mice) don't always have interactions that work well on tablets.

    Steve Jobs mentioned that Flash shouldn't be allowed on iPads because there is no pointer for mouseovers. I counter that any interaction that requires a mouseover effect (there are PLENTY in HTML5) needs to be reconsidered. Flash isn't the culprit. The real culprit is the developers who don't consider alternate input methods.
  14. 74256274's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #14  
    Is there no way to get the back gesture back. I miss it. The back button locations are inconsistent from app to app. Would a patch work?
    Last edited by 74256274; 07/16/2011 at 12:45 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions