Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wencyjr
  1.    #1  
    I cannot watch anything on Hulu. In the past, not even the ads would play, it would just sit there, with the frame blackedniut.

Now the ads play fine but the feature will not. Anyone having similar issues?
    Me too. I have to play around with it sometimes (like refreshing the page or seeking a few seconds ahead/behind until the picture shows). Pretty unreliable for me. In a way, I have no problem with it. Only a matter of time before Hulu blocks it. Won't miss it as much if it gave me problems.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I was able to play a short clip with no problems, but I haven't tried a full show.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I've gotten a few features to play, but if I interrupt playback by touching the screen to pause, change settings or fly out to full screen it kills playback and I only get a black screen. Reloading the page starts at the beginning, which is not useful, especially when using the advance function once again tanks playback.
    Lisa G.
    Editor in Chief
    www.MobileTechReview.com
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I know very few of you peruse the crackberry forums , but i do , and the playbook has the same type of browser as the touchpad in the sense of a full web experience , and HULU shut them down fast , due to ...... wait for it...

LICENSING ON MOBILE DEVICES!!!!

They aren't licensed to stream on mobile devices.

so if they caught onto the unigue signature of a mobile device browsing on their site , they can and will cut it off.

If it isn;t now , it will be.

Heck Hulu can't even come to Canada legally due to licensing..

Soooo.... Pray they make an app for you Americans
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I've gotten video to play on Hulu-- but I don't find it watchable. It's like the frame rate is about 2/3 or half of what it should be. Youtube fares much better.
    I just checked and I am still able to play Hulu videos. The ads don't play but the videos will. I just have to sit through 30sec of blank screen when the adds would normally play.
    Here is the Key to get Hulu to play perfectly:

First, close all other cards. Otherwise, it slows the framerate down dramatically.

Second, install Preware, and apply the patch "Max Blocker" It blocks access to the site the provides Hulu's ads and prevents the issue where it doesn't transition between ads and video.

I have done it on mine and three other touchpads from people I know and it works perfectly. Hopefully it will for you too.
    Quote Originally Posted by provost View Post
    Here is the Key to get Hulu to play perfectly:

First, close all other cards. Otherwise, it slows the framerate down dramatically.

Second, install Preware, and apply the patch "Max Blocker" It blocks access to the site the provides Hulu's ads and prevents the issue where it doesn't transition between ads and video.

I have done it on mine and three other touchpads from people I know and it works perfectly. Hopefully it will for you too.
    Thanks, I'll try that. So far I have been unable to watch anything but ads on Hulu.
    I'm still able to watch hulu as I have been since early July (have max blocker on). I can see the controls for The Daily Show and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and can fast forward on the controls.

One thing I noticed on Fox tv shows (not on Hulu but on Fox site itself), I am not able to keep the controls up either on the laptop with Firefox or on the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I haven't tried in the last few days, but I've had very good results with Hulu. Sometimes the Ads would run a little slow, but the programs almost always ran just fine.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G

I could get anything to play with max blocker installed. The site said it wouldnt play because I was blocking the adds. When I uninstalled max blocker it worked. Still didnt play that great. Took a long time. Comedy central works pretty good though.
    As weird as it may sound, I think whether or not you have Hulu Plus makes a difference. I do, and I have 0 issues with Hulu, and Max blocker installed so no ads, just the screen telling me it is unable to play an ad. Any of you have Hulu Plus who are having issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehale View Post
    As weird as it may sound, I think whether or not you have Hulu Plus makes a difference. I do, and I have 0 issues with Hulu, and Max blocker installed so no ads, just the screen telling me it is unable to play an ad. Any of you have Hulu Plus who are having issues?
    I do not have Hulu Plus but do use Max Blocker and it works.
    Max Blocker and Ad Blocker both seem to work just fine to let Hulu play without getting hung up. Ive watched at least 20 episodes of shows on Hulu on my TouchPad

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    i don't normally use hulu, but i checked it out earlier today to verify a point i was going to post on another thread: during those 30 second ads, i can switch to my email app and check my email while it's still going. when i hear the ad finish, i switch back to my show .
    lukehale likes this.