1.    #1  
    Out of the box I loaded my facebook account on my touchpad. It immediately synced my facebook photos and viewing them from within the photos app was a breeze. Two days ago I added a Snapfish account hoping my photos would sync in the same fashion as facebook. However, since having added my snapfish account I can no longer view photos from facebook. For that matter there are also no folders visible for the snapfish account. Instead what I do see are continuous circles spinning with folder names, but greyed out.

I deleted both my facebook account and snapfish and re-added facebook. Still, the photos will not sync. I then added snapfish. Again, the folders will not sync.

anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know of there is a fix available?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I am experiencing the same issue. You should post this in the bug list thread. HP is monitoring that thread.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I'm experiencing something similar.

When first getting the TP, I synced my facebook account which only had about 10 pictures. All synced ok.

I then added my wife's facebook account (and her account became the active one for the facebook app, possibly related, maybe not). At that point, her images also started syncing. She has about 200 images total that began syncing. The small albums seemed to have pulled down all their images (5 or less in the album), but the large albums (20+ images) have not pulled them all down, and only a few are visible. Also, sometimes, it displays a grid of images in the album, with one or two grid slots empty with no image, and not viewable when touched).

It constantly shows that it is attempting to sync her Facebook account, and may sync a few images each reboot of the device.

I've now removed her facebook image syncing option (didn't remove the account, just told it to not sync) and the albums are still visible, but no facebook account shows on the left nav bar of the photos app.
    I would like to get log files from people who are experiencing this issue...below are the steps

To grab log files do the following steps

1. Reproduce the issue
    2. Launch Device Info
    3. Select menu
    4. Tap on Diagnostics
    5. Select menu
    6. Tap on Collect logs
    7. Quick log create

Contact me and I'll provide an email address to send the log file to.

Thank you
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    my facebook is all good, but didnt sync one of my albums...maybe there is a limit?

i created a snapfish account and added about 4000 pics from my vacation, about 2000 were uploaded before snapfish froze. no big deal, ill just add the rest later. however, when i added the account to my touchpad, only 1200 pics showed up?? then i proceeded to delete my snapfish account off the touchpad, and there is still a snapfish folder/some (not all) of my previously synced pictures...w t f

attempting to re-add snapfish account- so far its still working- lets hope it works out
    same issue here, when ever i launch the photos app it shows its "syncing" with facebook. but it never looks like its done (hours go by and it still shows syncing in the photo app) also not all my photos come down.i have folders with more than a 100 photos, but none of the synced folders has more than that.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    any help on this? i'm having the same issues now.
    I was about to blame it on the new 3.0.4 update as this is when I noticed it...but now looking at this thread the issue started a while ago.

Please let us know of when a fix is found.
    thank god I looked here.. this was driving me nuts.. half my albums don't sync anymore.
    Hi everyone. Any new ideas as to how we can reset the syncing functionality? Thanks in advance.
    ....I trust I am not the only one winging about this lost feature...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    hey, Snapfish and HP: please get this sync problem fixed.
    Same problem here after I let it upgrade to webos 3.0.5 automatically? Photos does not sync with Facebook anymore. Anyone have any suggestion as to how to reset and resync again? I tried removing my Facebook account and then add it back in again. No luck.
    Didn't know you could do that. Went into accounts, facebook and turned on photo syncing and it synced up right away. And this is with WebOS 3.0.5 BTW.
    I have a solution that worked well for me. I am sure the fact that no solution was coming to our question in this thread has to do with either:
    a) us not asking the question using the jargon used and known by the sofware developers,
    or
    b) the way developers receive notifications from webosnation on different topics raised by us.

Now to the solution that worked for me...

... the key element for us in understanding and solving this problem/issue has to do with the way media (pictures in our case) is managed by webos. It appears that we have a database type of mechanism that is permanently monitored/managed by the MEDIA INDEXER. It further appears that recently in the webos used in touchpads this MEDIA INDEXER may not be working entirely the way is meant to (possible bug that HP is aware of). What needs to happen is to force this database to loose its current indexing list and force it to do a new index list. Reference to my comments here: The Photo App / self-cleaning database???

Now to the solution itself: Please read this: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...pdating-3.html and this: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...pdating-4.html and pay particular attention to this set of instructions:

Use Novaterm and run these two scripts in order to reset the "filenotify.db3" database where your photos' indexing is stored:

and run these scripts

/sbin/stop filenotifyd
    /sbin/start filenotifyd

Alternativelly (but I can not validate this solution as my index database does work correctly now) it appears that in Preware there is a little app called 'Media Indexer Refresh' that is supposed to help with such problems.

I trust these findings will help you all.
    Last edited by florinadelaide; 02/18/2012 at 06:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Does the indexer handle album art for mp3's too? Ive used mp3tag to add art to all music some wont show up in the music app while at the same time they work perfectly well on the Pre3.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Does the indexer handle album art for mp3's too? Ive used mp3tag to add art to all music some wont show up in the music app while at the same time they work perfectly well on the Pre3.
    Andreas, I could not respond to your question, as I am not personally a software guru and I have not had the opportunity to correct mp3 related issues on my Touchpad. However if you search in the webosnation forum links that I attached in my earlier comment you will see references to the Media Indexer is handeling the entire set of media types (mp3 included) that webos can operate with.
    Last edited by florinadelaide; 02/18/2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by florinadelaide View Post
    Andreas, I could not respond to your question, as I am not personally a software guru and I have not had the opportunity to correct mp3 related issues on my Touchpad. However if you search in the webosnation forum links that I attached in my earlier comment you will see references to the Media Indexer is handeling the entire set of media types (mp3 included) that webos can operate with.
    I think my problem relates to webOS not able to handle album art for song titles with foreign letters.

All songs that contain german letters like an wont display the album art while titles in within the same record that lack these letters display the album picture fine.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Same problem here after I let it upgrade to webos 3.0.5 automatically? Photos does not sync with Facebook anymore. Anyone have any suggestion as to how to reset and resync again? I tried removing my Facebook account and then add it back in again. No luck.
    I fixed the problem but it was through sheer luck. When I connect the TP using USB mode to the computer, I noticed that there is a .thumbnails directory under DCIM. I renamed the folder to .thumbnail.old, delete my facebook account and tried to copy the content of the old folder back into a new .thumbnails folder. I had to use xterm/xecutah to copy the folder since windows would not let me name a new folder with the name .thumbnails.

Using xecutach, I have to
    1. cd /media/internal/DCIM.
    2. cp -prprpr .$thumbnails$.$old$ .$thumbnails$

Then I rebooted the TP and added my facebook account back in. That did the trick.
    I now have two set of albums under facebook account. One that is newly added and the other ones that are empty. But at least my albums are syncing.
    Alternativelly (but I can not validate this solution as my index database does work correctly now) it appears that in Preware there is a little app called 'Media Indexer Refresh' that is supposed to help with such problems.
    Will try to look for that. Thanks.