Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By slash x
  • 1 Post By Siah1214
  1.    #1  
    I can't find a way to set an alarm on my Touchpad. Did HP leave this out or is it buried somewhere? I get my touchstone tomorrow and I would really like to use my Touchpad as an alarm clock.
    that's an advanced feature that will come in later releases!

Seriously, HP has 300,000 people. Surely they could have deployed a few to spend a few hours developing things like alarms, calculator etc
    it will be coming....soon
    several available in the app catalog, as an alternative.
    There are a couple of 99 cent alarm apps in the HP app store, I am using the "Simple Alarms" app and it works fine. It's nothing fancy but it works, wakes me up.
    Mine sits on my nightstand next to my TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    No sweat. ------ the fruit pad doesn't have a native alarm either

Just pick one up from the app store
    Jake_M and nyallj like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash X View Post
    No sweat. ------ the fruit pad doesn't have a native alarm either

Just pick one up from the app store
    Exactly.
  9.    #9  
    Ok. This kinda catches me off guard because an alarm clock was included for free with the Pre. I will pay .99 to buy one but I somehow feel a little cheated by this.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    The TPad is also missing the calculator and Task List. Somebody brought it up in this post earlier this week.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...lock-apps.html

I know what you mean by the alarm, I'm a frequent traveler and prefer to use my phone/tablet as an alarm instead of messing with the hotel room's clock. Plus, I was going to toss the alarm clock at home and put a Touchstone for my pad to do that for me. Ohhhh well, if that's the only thing I have to complain about in life, guess I'm doin' pretty well.
    It costs one bottle of soda to fix this problem.
    Or one candy bar.
    Or however you want to look at it, it's really cheap to buy an alarm at the app store.
    +1 to simple alarms.
    dj ozone likes this.
    I have a feeling this stuff with come with the update that is rumored to roll out this month. Just give it a couple weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    it will be coming....soon
    Using the Blizzard definition?

"Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon.""

source: Soon - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
    No camera app to access the CAMERA either... all of these issues seem very trivial to not have at launch. The Pre had the same problem with the clock when it launched.