Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tyrothz
  • 1 Post By tyrothz
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    alright so today I stopped by my local bestbuy for one simple reason, to play with the hp touchpad. I have played with the ipad and the android tablets and the touchpad just seems the most complete to me. I highly recommend anyone who is considering getting one (or just want to try it out) to get to your local walmart/bestbuy/electronics place and try it out.

Yes I know this is a bit of a pointless post but I was just too excited about it

here is the picture from my pixi plus while at best buy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    welcome to precentral.

anything in particular you liked about the Touchpad?
    I'm waiting it out a few months. By then we'll hopefully know some more information about the next revision of the touchpad or I'm sure I can find the touchpads on ebay/amazon for cheaper than they are now. Hopefully we'll also have some info on the release date & carrier of the pre 3... it's only been 6 months since they announced it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks though I am not so new, I've been reading for over a year now just never did forums.

Honestly I liked everything about the touchpad. it seemed much more complete than the iPad and coming from a business standpoint, I definitely see this doing some damage.

I too am looking forward to the pre 3. So far I have had a Pre Plus and a Pixi Plus (3rd Pre finally broke....)
    I love my TP, I do think that there are some kinks that need to be ironed out. With that being said I do feel that some of the gripes (namely the performance issues) have been blown way out of proportion. I sold my iPad 1 for the TP and dont regret it for a second. I do think that a lot of the apps that were supposed to be there on launch day but werent (Kindle) is BS...and the optimization patch should come soon. But overall I find it to be an amazing device.
    I received mine today and I love it. I think the virtual keyboard is amazingly well done. I thought I might be annoyed by the emulator but it also works flawlessly and the emulated screen is actually bigger than my pre so reading has not been a problem at all.

I am actually typing this response from the precentral HD app :-P
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I wish I could afford to buy one........
    Reading through the forums about the TP, I am disappointed HP released such a poor product. I want to see WebOS succeed because I like their phones. I have an iPad2 for my tablet because I use it as a laptop replacement. A lot of what I use the iPad for is simply not possible on the TP (Netflix, HBOgo, Kindle, some magazine apps, Flipboard, and occasional doc editing). I can't believe Kindle isn't even working on TP. I get the sense the TP won't sell very well which simply means less support for it. HP should have concentrated on phones first.
    I went to best buy tonight to check out the touchpad for the first time. I have to say I am completely disappointed. It felt like a pre minus on day one. Laggy, poor web browsing experience, everything loads slow. I just don't see how they think people will buy one after using the demo.

The only positive is I now don't care as much that the pre3 isn't coming to sprint.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    I went to best buy tonight to check out the touchpad for the first time. I have to say I am completely disappointed. It felt like a pre minus on day one. Laggy, poor web browsing experience, everything loads slow. I just don't see how they think people will buy one after using the demo.

The only positive is I now don't care as much that the pre3 isn't coming to sprint.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    My test run at Best Buy was Ok but not all that impressive for the TP or the ipad2 I was testing it beside. Now that I have my own, got it configured as I like & more fully grasp where/ what things are and how they work I'm very impressed with the TP.

I hope it gets quick & functional updates but it does what I have to have out of the box. A few missing parts like Kindle and (hope hope) Sling player and my laptop can be retired to part time use. So far I like it a lot.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    The best buy units with demo software may run even slower than stock. I just got my TP yesterday and I feel somewhere between the exuberant Precentral lovefest and the negative reviews. The parts are there but they have to be tweaked to work together smoothly. (isn't that the major draw of webOS- elegance in day to day use?) Amazon has 1 month return policy and I will pay attention to that date. The first update better come out soon. Interesting thing is the push into enterprise is after 7/15. My brother sells HP enterprise stuff - servers and gets emails from HP. They are doing their training now. So yes, HP rushed the consumer ones out early.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have considered a tablet as a replacement before, but the one thing that keeps me with my netbook is the tools I need. I am a software developer and don't really think the tools are there for me in the tablets. anyone know if developer tools that exist for tablets?