Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  1.    #1  
    So perhaps "frame" isn't the right term, but on some sites (like youtube) I'm unable to scroll within certain frames, or the scrolling will be erratic and only work on occasion.

    Anyone else having this issue?
  2. #2  
    did you press and hold for a sec before dragging?
  3.    #3  
    I did, but the timing is a bit off: press it just long enough, and you'll get the copy/paste menu. Not long enough and it just scrolls the entire page.

    Very rarely does it ever work...

    I also notice this happens on some flash based menus, like in Hulu. It clicks through instead of just populating the menu (as when you hover with a mouse) but that's just the nature of touchscreen -how does a site/program recognize a hover in this case?
  4. #4  
    I couldn't check the tour page of davematthewsband.com because it has its own scrollbar that I couldn't access.
  5. #5  
    On the iPad you scroll within frames using two fingers, maybe it's the same on the TouchPad?
  6. #6  
    It's a limitation of webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7. #7  
    I also have this problem. For example when I'm working on Gmail webmail. I remember I already had it on my Pre1 a few years ago. Seems like a WebOS problem that hasn't been solved over the past years unfortunatly.
  8. phil71's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #8  
    You can't move the map with your finger in Google Maps
    Anyone manage to do it?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    So perhaps "frame" isn't the right term, but on some sites (like youtube) I'm unable to scroll within certain frames, or the scrolling will be erratic and only work on occasion.

    Anyone else having this issue?
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    tomassplatch likes this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    This is a pathetic failure of WebOS/HP, even worse than ipad without flash issue.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisses99 View Post
    This is a pathetic failure of WebOS/HP, even worse than ipad without flash issue.
    I don't see how us taking note of a problem and looking for ways to enhance and resolve issues is a pathetic failure of webOS or HP, but to each his own I guess.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  12. nemo's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #12  
    yeah, drives me nuts on Google Maps and Google Reader.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I don't see how us taking note of a problem and looking for ways to enhance and resolve issues is a pathetic failure of webOS or HP, but to each his own I guess.
    I actually am very appreciative of this, I'm glad that HP still appears to be trying to take care of some of the issues in webOS. I look forward to (but don't necessarily expect) a fix for this issue. Note away! Anything to keep webOS alive longer.

    .........I also look forward to a new webOS phone on Sprint, in that case. :-D
  14. #14  
    hhm on webOS phones you sometimes get around it by using OPTION (grey/orange) key +scroling or SHIFT key + scrolling on the screen. perhaps it works with virtual keys too?

Posting Permissions