Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Should there be any backlight bleeding with this device? It is very apparent during the startup screen where only the HP Logo is displayed. I am not sure if this is an issue with all Touchpads to some degree... I guess I need to load up some movies with dark backgrounds to see if the bleeding annoys me/is noticeable, I can't see it when doing everyday tasks like browsing at least.

Other than some backlight bleeding, my only other complaint is the poor PDF rendering, which could be a dealbreaker. Hopefully, Adobe reader will get improved or an alternative reader will be released before the return time window is up. I need rendering upon zoom (figures look horrible when zoomed, this feature is absolutely critical), a search feature (also critical), and a jump to page feature.
    light bleeding may be a bigger problem as reported by not only you.
    i have it all along the left side of mine in vertical position. i don't notice anywhere other than boot-up though but i'm planning to replace it
    That's where my bleed is too.
    if its a hardware design problem, replacement might not change anything.
    True. But does it affect every unit or just some? And for curiosity's sake, would I talk to best buy about a potential replacement or HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    True. But does it affect every unit or just some? And for curiosity's sake, would I talk to best buy about a potential replacement or HP?
    I think you can go either, but BB is probably faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Noticed it on my TP during boot. Similar to my Pre-. My Pre 2 has no such behavior.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    If they're all like that I probably won't bother. I haven't noticed it aside from boot time anyway.
    I noticed a little myself. iPad2 had same issue after release. I think the issue goes away with age.
    All LCD's have this issue, to some degree. Bleeding becomes an issue if it is bothersome during use, which I have not seen yet; however, I haven't been in a relatively dark room watching something with a dark screen. I'll have to test it a little tonight during nightfall. I've also heard what bobsentell said about the iPad2.
    I have that too. Unless the screen is all black, it doesn't show.
    I've watched a few TED talks and some other videos with black border; it doesn't show up. However, I didn't touch the brightness; many times bleeding is tested by cranking the brightness to max, but to me that is pointless as I would never use it that high.
    I too have this backlight bleeding problem during bootup in portrait mode. I think I'm going to replace it and hope for a better one from Amazon. Is this something inherent to ALL Touchpads? Mine is 32GB for what its worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    Is this something inherent to ALL Touchpads? Mine is 32GB for what its worth.
    I think so, better wait several months for next batch of production. Returning right now just adds more refurbished units, while likely won't solve your problem

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Judging how just a few people in here have reported this issue in here, I would say it's not a common problem (my TouchPad is fine), if it bothers you then exchange it for another one.
    i dont believe so... i have two ipad2 in the household and when i heard of the issue and checked... mine doesnt have it and my daughters has it. it comes down to where the lcds are sourced... mine was samsung while the other is lg.

i forgot if its just a matter of size off by a sliver to let the light bleed out the border or what... but it only shows at boot also and you are in a pitch black room. she doesnt notice it so didnt bother... dont want to deal with return... wait another 6 weeks?!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I noticed a little myself. iPad2 had same issue after release. I think the issue goes away with age.
    Almost all IPS screens have light bleed and its usually only noticeable on startups. D/w guys, theyre not defects. if you exchange, chances are your new one will have bleed too.
    thanks guys but i'm going to take my chances and try returning for replacement, for i have noticed that the side of the screen where the bleed occurs does indeed have a sort of give to it when compared to the non-bleeding side, which feels more solid and flush with the bezel. hopefully my new one is flush on both sides.
    I have a 16GB Touchpad. No light bleeding on mine. Even a little light bleeding is normal though. I've had laptops and most of them have had it. Doesn't really mean anything unless it's a bad bleed and makes it hard to watch or movie or something.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast