Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
Like Tree1Likes
  1. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i dont believe so... i have two ipad2 in the household and when i heard of the issue and checked... mine doesnt have it and my daughters has it. it comes down to where the lcds are sourced... mine was samsung while the other is lg.

    i forgot if its just a matter of size off by a sliver to let the light bleed out the border or what... but it only shows at boot also and you are in a pitch black room. she doesnt notice it so didnt bother... dont want to deal with return... wait another 6 weeks?!
    Makes you wonder, eh? If you hadn't heard about it, would you have ever noticed it?
    NNJ
  2. #22  
    Probably not. She doesn't notice so no reason to mess with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Makes you wonder, eh? If you hadn't heard about it, would you have ever noticed it?
  3. #23  
    bump

    I noticed I have some bleeding on the left side in vertical position. Seems like not too much people have this problem? I'll take pictures later tonight when its dark
  4. #24  
    I also have this issue. Called HP and they are sending a box out for me to ship mine back for repair. They wanted to charge me $59 and put a $365 hold on my CC to get an advanced exchange. I only paid $99 for damn thing!
  5. mbudden's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    bump

    I noticed I have some bleeding on the left side in vertical position. Seems like not too much people have this problem? I'll take pictures later tonight when its dark
    Mine, before it died. Had a tiny bit of backlight bleeding on the left side. Wasn't too bad though.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    Mine, before it died. Had a tiny bit of backlight bleeding on the left side. Wasn't too bad though.
    i just took some pictures but it doesn't really show. ugh dunno if i want to get a refurb or just stick with it.



    lower left side, brightness at 100%. picture doesn't do it justice lol
  7. #27  
    ALL Touchpads have backlight bleed. I can state this with confidence since I went through an embarrassingly high number of units (pre-firesale) looking for the 'perfect' one. NONE were completely void of backlight bleeding. Some just have it less than others. I should know. Do not believe anyone who says that their Touchpad does not have backlight bleeding, for they just haven't noticed it yet or were never looking for it. Bleeding is most apparent during bootup under low or no lighting.. also can be seen during other black screens such as running an app in emulation mode or viewing a widescreen video with bars. And yes the vast majority of bleed occurs in that same spot (left side of screen in portrait mode).
  8. #28  
    Backlight bleed is common with LCD technology. Even top of the line $3000.00 LED LCD flat panel tv's have it to some degree. If its just a small area, probably not worth the hassle of exchanging it, but if its a large area or entire side, then may be a candidate for exchange. Most of the time you won't notice it on anything but a black screen in any case....
    slamdunksaliby likes this.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolluva View Post
    Backlight bleed is common with LCD technology. Even top of the line $3000.00 LED LCD flat panel tv's have it to some degree. If its just a small area, probably not worth the hassle of exchanging it, but if its a large area or entire side, then may be a candidate for exchange. Most of the time you won't notice it on anything but a black screen in any case....
    Yup! I will just keep mine, rather then getting a refurb with proly the same or worse problems
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  10. ThaDraGun's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #30  
    Sorry for bumping an old thread I didnt want to make a new one about the same issue. I know alot of people are having this problem, and that it doesnt hurt the touchpad at all.

    Is there any way to fix it? It bugs me alot.. not enough to want to get rid of the touchpad of course, but it still bothers me. Also, weird thing is everyone seems to be mentioning that its bad only with dark screens. I have the opposite. I can't notice it for dark screens, but light screens I can. So does that mean I have backlight bleeding still, or does it mean there is something wrong with the lcd? Would/could HP fix it if I sent it in?


  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by thadragun View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread I didnt want to make a new one about the same issue. I know alot of people are having this problem, and that it doesnt hurt the touchpad at all.

    Is there any way to fix it? It bugs me alot.. not enough to want to get rid of the touchpad of course, but it still bothers me. Also, weird thing is everyone seems to be mentioning that its bad only with dark screens. I have the opposite. I can't notice it for dark screens, but light screens I can. So does that mean I have backlight bleeding still, or does it mean there is something wrong with the lcd? Would/could HP fix it if I sent it in?


    Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image
    you seem to have very heavy light bleed judging from the photos. mine isnt nearly as bad. replace it. It shouldnt look that bad.
  12. #32  
    I've lived with light bleed on my 24" monitor for the last 3 years. HP too, go figure. It bugged me at first when I first got it, but unless I'm looking at a pure black screen, I hardly notice it at all.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13. #33  
    Can the TouchPad screen be "repaired" to minimize the effect of backlight bleeding? Or does this just go with the territory on all edge-lit IPS? I ask because I have two TouchPads in hand and one has to go back to complete an advanced exchange. Both have bleeding to some degree.

    The AE device is a refurb with a "warm screen" shows a uniform strip of light bleed on dark backgrounds around all edges but it's otherwise perfect. If this is the norm for all devices, simply quit reading now and tell me so! If not, read on.

    The other device is brand new, has a "cooler screen" but more issues. There's only light bleed in one corner but that's the same corner where the glass is lifted slightly with a dark spot on the screen from something pressing on the backside.

    So, which one to keep versus which one to repair? Any hope for anything better than a roulette spin?
  14. #34  
    I have two touchpads, one with the cool LCD and one with warm LCD. The cool LCD doesn't show any bleed at power up. The warm one does show some erratic bleed but when the display switches to normal brightness, I don't notice anything.

    thadragun's pictures look like something else. Could there be some pressure on the LCD from the edges of the case? Does pressing on the edges of the screen cause the bright spots to shift? The bleedthrough I have on my display is not regular like thadrgun's.
  15. #35  
    bah and I thought this was a new thread, was about to post this
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html

    anyway, mine has a small amount of bleeding on the top left area, I'm just ignoring its existence
  16. #36  
    i have it too.. and a little on the top right hand corner. It only happens when the screen is black. I talked to an hp customer support guy and he said not to return it because they have too many repairs. Basically i would ignore it because it doesnt show up often, and if it gets worse then i would call hp to get a new one. Also, the guy said it usually doesnt happen i say thats bs haha maybe know one notices it like a previous poster said
  17. ThaDraGun's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    I have two touchpads, one with the cool LCD and one with warm LCD. The cool LCD doesn't show any bleed at power up. The warm one does show some erratic bleed but when the display switches to normal brightness, I don't notice anything.

    thadragun's pictures look like something else. Could there be some pressure on the LCD from the edges of the case? Does pressing on the edges of the screen cause the bright spots to shift? The bleedthrough I have on my display is not regular like thadrgun's.
    Nope, the case isnt pinching... there is no case on the side, it just holds the corners. If I press the screen it does nothing.
  18. #38  
    Mine has a little bleed you can see if it's completely black but if you can see it on a white screen, that's surely something that needs to be fixed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions