Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Should I charge my tablet all the time or only after it gets low? So far I have waited till it is around 10% and always charge it 100%. I was wondering if it is ok to do short charges or will that hurt my battery life in the long run?

    Thanks
    Happy TouchPad/PalmPad owner!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    Should I charge my tablet all the time or only after it gets low? So far I have waited till it is around 10% and always charge it 100%. I was wondering if it is ok to do short charges or will that hurt my battery life in the long run?

    Thanks
    Happy TouchPad/PalmPad owner!
    Shorter charges are better .. Read this

    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...on-battery.ars

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. #3  
    Keep it charged as much as you can. I keep mine plugged in anytime I can.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4. #4  
    it is true that as with almost all electronic devices today ( your phone especially) top it off whenever you can --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5. #5  
    Yep, lithium batterys like regular top ups. That the point of the touchstone, keeps topped up while docked.
  6. #6  
    Get a Touchstone charger and don't worry about it
  7. #7  
    But then again, leaving it on the charger well after it has peaked can adversely affect the batteries over all lifespan.

    This can be seen in every rechargeable battery. The longer it is on the charger after 100% the more likely it is to start draining more rapidly prematurely.

    My suggestion is do not leave it on the touchstone or charging cable overnight... But if it is very low you can do as I have been and plug it into the computer overnight... YES it does charge it. It does so very slowly. But it will only charge the TP while the backlight is off.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    But then again, leaving it on the charger well after it has peaked can adversely affect the batteries over all lifespan.

    This can be seen in every rechargeable battery. The longer it is on the charger after 100% the more likely it is to start draining more rapidly prematurely.

    My suggestion is do not leave it on the touchstone or charging cable overnight... But if it is very low you can do as I have been and plug it into the computer overnight... YES it does charge it. It does so very slowly. But it will only charge the TP while the backlight is off.
    just follow the article I posted..

    Treat it as a Laptop/Smartphone Hybrid.

    1. Overnight is fine.. But not 24 hour a day
    2. Used charger that put out the correct voltage & amps needed..
    3.Discharge fully once every 20 Days..


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9. #9  
    I have been charging my Pre's battery (Mugen 1350) on touchstone chargers (car and home) for almost 2 years, these type of batteries have built in protection circuits that prevent them from being damaged from over charging. Just put it on a touchstone charger and search for something else to worry about.
  10. #10  
    charging overnight should not adversely effect battery life on the hp pre line as the charging circuitry is designed to cycle the battery from 100 to 95 and back up. This is the reason that the ui returns a value of 100 for the duration of the high end charge cycle. They did not want people complaining about a phone that went from 100 to 95 constantly while on a charger. Also it is my opinion that you never want to completely discharge a li-on battery as this is very hard on them. They are not subject to forming bad memory so I say leave them on the charger whenever one is handy. I have a pre 2 with a 6 month old battery and dr. Battery still lists the health at 97 down from an original 98
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    charging overnight should not adversely effect battery life on the hp pre line as the charging circuitry is designed to cycle the battery from 100 to 95 and back up. This is the reason that the ui returns a value of 100 for the duration of the high end charge cycle. They did not want people complaining about a phone that went from 100 to 95 constantly while on a charger. Also it is my opinion that you never want to completely discharge a li-on battery as this is very hard on them. They are not subject to forming bad memory so I say leave them on the charger whenever one is handy. I have a pre 2 with a 6 month old battery and dr. Battery still lists the health at 97 down from an original 98
    Yes.. With a phone battery don't discharge fully.. However laptops & tablets its better to discharge roughly once a month

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12.    #12  
    Thanks everyone for your answers. Never really worried about battery life but since the tablet has a non replaceable battery I wanted to know how to make the best of it. I highly doubt I will replace this tablet for two years regardless of what comes out.
  13. #13  
    if I am away and not using TP for several months, leave it on charge or leave it shut off just like that, or what?
  14.    #14  
    Might as well shut it down. Really no point in leaving it running.
  15. #15  
    11 months in now, 90% health...charged at least once a day, sometimes twice.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Posting Permissions