1.    #1  
    I decided to start a new thread about this. Here are my first two posts in another thread...

1st...
    just got my TouchStone today. First thing I did was plug it in to a Verizon dual charger I use for my Pre TouchStone. It has a micro for the legacy TouchStone and a door with a full usb port behind it. I set on my TouchPad and it started charging while my Pre was charging as well, after about 20 minutes the charger shut down. I unplugged it and the old TouchStone and plugged it back in powering only the new one. Has been charging now for about an hour and a half, it is nearly full at this point. Still not sure if I don't want a more powerful solution, but it charges..FYI.

2nd...
    BTW, at this point I am fairly confident in saying that while using the device the typical 1 amp car charger will only maintain the current charge. When I left it alone it charged slow but it charged at about 350 ma. Since I last posted, I have been messing with it non-stop and it maintains only, has not went up 1%. So, I am seriously thinking of trying a 2 amp charger...

Now, how do we secure the TouchStone to the vehicle and make it pretty, and moreso how do we secure the TouchPad to the TouchStone?
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 07/07/2011 at 10:07 PM.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    there is a whole thread on it. like more than 500 comments thread. Next line is the link
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ures-here.html
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    kkhanmd, very true if I were talking about the PrPrPr&#$275$;! $This$ $is$ $about$ $the$ $TouchPad$, $hence$ $being$ $in$ $that$ $forum$.

Edit: BTW, if the moderators feel this should be in the smartphone thread, then please merge.
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 07/07/2011 at 09:49 PM.
    - Jeff
  4.    #4  
    How can I edit the title to say TouchStone2?
    - Jeff
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    You could use an inverter. I do that with my Pre and along with the bluetooth interface for my Alpine it's all wireless....
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    How can I edit the title to say TouchStone2?
    Hit edit... then.... go advance....
  7.    #7  
    Ya I know, but I want to find a better solution. I think the powering end will not be that bad. The house charger is dropping about 800 ma, so a 2 amp car charger may increase this to 500, which may trickle charge during use. I am surprised I am the only one wanting to do this.

TouchPad + TouchStone + keyboard = a great business experience for those of us whom are mobile all day.
    - Jeff
  8.    #8  
    kk, tried it, doesn't work from the TouchPad. Will get to my laptop eventually. Ok, done, thanks kk, yes bad title!
    - Jeff
    kk, tried it, doesn't work from the TouchPad. Will get to my laptop eventually.
    Sure Jeff, its sad precentral site suck so much on webOS products, one need iOS or windows to do anything here.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    do you know what the output voltage of the verizon charger is?
  11.    #11  
    kk, it works fine, I didn't go advanced. So go back to TiPB, I never go there to talk crap, but it is because I am not worried about Apple, I love webOS.

akshunj, I think it is a 1 amp. I have no specs, and there is no model # on it... As soon as I find the original 1 amp OEM PrPrPr&#$275$; $car$ $charger$ $I$ $will$ $try$ $that$.
    - Jeff
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Jeff,

I have been watching my touchpad charge in dr battery app. It draws about 1160 mA at 60% charged. I noticed the touchpad AC charger output voltage is 5.3 volts, while the pre charger is 5.0v. This tells me the engineers had a tough time with the voltage drop across the USB cable at the current levels demanded by the touchpad battery.

I suspect you might get better results with a shorter cable than the one that came with the touchpad. (less voltage drop) The long term solution will be to use the touchstone AC adapter with an inverter for the higher output voltage and current rating.
  13.    #13  
    Ak, I haven't tried it that low on charge, I was at 88%. I just threw this out to start to get this perfected. The shorter cable will help, but I am still trying to find something that will put out the 4 amp which the house charger does. 2 amp is the best I have found, so I figure it is worth th $8 or whatever it cost to try it and see what Govnah reports with that. Like I said it was maintaining, not saying it was good for the TouchStone.
    - Jeff
  14.    #14  
    I will try my short cable but it should not have that significant results, if I am right. The drop should be minimal where as the load on the charger is what caused an over-temp while charging both devices, I believe. When just the TS2 was attached it just pulled all it could, but no over-temp. Either way, fun to play...
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Hit edit... then.... go advance....
    I adjusted the title for you. But is there any place that indicates that the Touchstone for the TouchPad is called the TouchStkne2? I thought the TS2 was coming for the Pre3...?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 07/07/2011 at 11:30 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Good point! Like I said bad title, but kind of a new topic so thanks for the correction. So what is the Touchpad's shortcut for its TouchStone?

Edit: Much better title!
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 07/07/2011 at 11:37 PM.
    - Jeff
    TPTS, is the name of it.
  18.    #18  
    I was thinking TSCD for what they call it "TouchStone Charging Dock", but they both seem awkward. Whatever ya all decide on I am good with. But I guess if TS2 which is honestly the truth, isn't the name than ok... Tangent... Love Tangents!!!
    - Jeff
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Ak, I haven't tried it that low on charge, I was at 88%. I just threw this out to start to get this perfected. The shorter cable will help, but I am still trying to find something that will put out the 4 amp which the house charger does. 2 amp is the best I have found, so I figure it is worth th $8 or whatever it cost to try it and see what Govnah reports with that. Like I said it was maintaining, not saying it was good for the TouchStone.
    Is the AC adapter that comes with the touchpad touchstone rated for 4 amps?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Good to know, thanks! I have the Verizon dual car charger... have to try it out.