Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Mine connects fine at the office, and it being a major company's IT dept, I will have to find out tomorrow what kind of auth we are using outside of our user/pw.
  2.    #22  
    Well, unfortunately the OTA update did not solve the issue. I am still unable to connect to our PEAP-GTC wireless on Cisco 1231 and 1252 devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by satterwc View Post
    Well, unfortunately the OTA update did not solve the issue. I am still unable to connect to our PEAP-GTC wireless on Cisco 1231 and 1252 devices.
    Didn't do diddly for my wifi network either... I ended up calling the butler support thing and working my way up the chain. I finally got to somebody who asked me the send logs, which I did. She said that if they found a work-around they'd call me, but most likely it'd take an update... which they have no timetable on. She indicated that others were having issues as well.

The sad thing is I have a PO on my desk for 8 tablets... if I can't get wireless working here at the plant with the TouchPad, I'll have to go with the other tablet maker .
    I have a Cisco 1250 setup with multiple SSID's on multiple VLAN's

The Guest network is setup to broadcast the SSID and is on its own VLAN.
    The Secure network is setup to not broadcast the SSID and is on its own VLAN.

I have had no issues connecting to BOTH networks with two Pre-'s (1.0-1.4.x) and two Pre2's (2.0x and 2.1 FrankenPreVzw).

I have a TouchPad 3.0.0 and 3.0.2 that has ONLY been able to connect to the Guest network. It refuses to connect to the Secure network.

The *only* differences between the networks are broadcast/non-broadcast SSID and the PSK's. Every other encryption setting, etc is the same.

The PSK on the Guest network is alphanumeric with an apostrophe as a special character.

The PSK on the Secure network is alphanumeric with an apostrophe, a dash, and an ampersand as special characters.

Because of the number of devices that have the Secure PSK, I'd rather not change the PSK on that network. It is strange that a TouchPad running 3.x code would have issues that multiple 1.x and 2.x devices have not had any issue using in the past.

I may make the change just to test it, but figured I'd see if anyone else had a similar experience.
    You guys should be talking to Hardbeatz in the forum who works for Palm technical. PM him with a private message and see if you can escalate it, point him to this thread as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_brady View Post
    I have a Cisco 1250 setup with multiple SSID's on multiple VLAN's

The Guest network is setup to broadcast the SSID and is on its own VLAN.
    The Secure network is setup to not broadcast the SSID and is on its own VLAN.

I have had no issues connecting to BOTH networks with two Pre-'s (1.0-1.4.x) and two Pre2's (2.0x and 2.1 FrankenPreVzw).

I have a TouchPad 3.0.0 and 3.0.2 that has ONLY been able to connect to the Guest network. It refuses to connect to the Secure network.

The *only* differences between the networks are broadcast/non-broadcast SSID and the PSK's. Every other encryption setting, etc is the same.

The PSK on the Guest network is alphanumeric with an apostrophe as a special character.

The PSK on the Secure network is alphanumeric with an apostrophe, a dash, and an ampersand as special characters.

Because of the number of devices that have the Secure PSK, I'd rather not change the PSK on that network. It is strange that a TouchPad running 3.x code would have issues that multiple 1.x and 2.x devices have not had any issue using in the past.

I may make the change just to test it, but figured I'd see if anyone else had a similar experience.
    Instead of disrupting your existing network, why not add a third network with a unique SSID but all other properties identical to the existing secure network (except the PSK, which would be similar to your guest network)? At least that would tell you if you it's the PSK or the lack of SSID broadcast.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    I was having issues connecting to my corporate network (we have Aironet 1200's for AP's) when I first got the TP. We're not broadcasting SSID, so until I figured out that it was case-sensitive, i got that issue resolved. Then it kept complaining about the passkey being invalid. Hmmm, I verified that I was typing it in correctly by setting up my iPhone, so I was stumped.

However, I did get the SSID saved in my Touchpad, and when I hit Connect again for this network, TP asked for my passkey and this time it went through. Not sure why it worked this time, I didn't change any additional settings... corporate network wifi is WPA-tkip.
    +1 for case sensitivity. My parent's linksys router never cared about uppercase, but the replacment Netgear requires uppercase passphrase to connect.
    Same here. After entering my credentials, the internet is gone, wifi show connected but won't load anything.

Android phone connects OK, ipad 1 too, iphone, laptop etc.
    so weird can't login to my school portal either :'( someone needs to find a solution!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I was at the Wynn in Vegas and was able to connect but not authenticate through their web portal. Eventually i was able to get it working by having their internet support add my ip manually but my android phone and friend's iphone had no issues at all.
    hmmm okay same problem because i can connect to the wifi, but not the portal...maybe csuf could manually add my ip like u said
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12