Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
Like Tree4Likes
  1. re2st's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I don't think it's this. It's more that other vendors who sell through Amazon are offering it for $567, $579, etc. Amazon is staying competitive with their pricing. If others didn't offer a better deal by selling on Amazon, it's likely Amazon wouldn't either.
    It's actually the other way around: it's the third-part vendors that are trying to keep up with Amazon by matching Amazon's price.

    So yeah, I guess this is simply basic demand and supply phenomenon here: supply exceeds demand, price decreases.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by re2st View Post
    It's actually the other way around: it's the third-part vendors that are trying to keep up with Amazon by matching Amazon's price.

    So yeah, I guess this is simply basic demand and supply phenomenon here: supply exceeds demand, price decreases.
    From what I understand, Amazon generally reacts to price changes from other vendors. They have a "tell me about a better price" feature, and if you look at camelcamelcamel, you'll see that Amazon is in fact, doing this. 3rd party prices dropped before Amazon's.

    CamelCamelCamel
  3. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #23  
    I guess prices started falling
    I found one for $ 549.00 here with a coupon code.

    I believe it will fall another $50.00.
  4. #24  
    amazons price went up a little to 572. I was waiting to see if it would keep going down, but it seems to have hit the bottom so I placed my order and will be bringing my 16gb touchpad from best buy back.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I guess prices started falling
    I found one for $ 549.00 here with a coupon code.

    I believe it will fall another $50.00.
    I dont think this vendor qualifies for hps $50 mail in rebate, otherwise that would be an awesome deal
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I dont think this vendor qualifies for hps $50 mail in rebate, otherwise that would be an awesome deal
    What makes you say that? I just purchased from this site, expecting to send in the $50 mail in rebate which would yield me a 32gb Touchpad for only $499... And I was going to return my 16gb to best buy.

    Looks like I should call HP and double check. If they're not eligible, I'll just cancel my order.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    What makes you say that? I just purchased from this site, expecting to send in the $50 mail in rebate which would yield me a 32gb Touchpad for only $499... And I was going to return my 16gb to best buy.

    Looks like I should call HP and double check. If they're not eligible, I'll just cancel my order.
    the only reason I question it is because they arent an authorized dealer. I dont know if that means anything though. Let us know what you find out.
  8. #28  
    i returned mine, but i may rebuy when it hits 399 for the 16gb. I see this happening in the next few months.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    the only reason I question it is because they arent an authorized dealer. I dont know if that means anything though. Let us know what you find out.
    Good news. HP says yes. Early adopters jump on this, it's the 32gb version for the price of the 16...

    They said that usually there is a list of unapproved vendors, but there isn't for this offer. They said anywhere you purchase, as long as you meet the qualifications (32gb with early webos device purchase) they'd be happy to get the rebate taken care of for me.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by satterwc View Post
    Wow, they must have a LOT of inventory sitting around and are scared.
    i was waiting for someone to make a comment like this.

    really.
    just because a retail outlet drops a price a little bit has no barring on if it's selling well or not.
    this is an online retailer. by rights, it should be cheaper the first time around. also needs to be a bit cheaper because people can't test or try out the product before hand. 3rd, there's not as much overhead because they don't own a store.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I guess prices started falling
    I found one for $ 549.00 here with a coupon code.

    I believe it will fall another $50.00.
    return policy from their website:

    "On the following items we do not take returns (Except in the case of DOA’s, DOA’s are accepted within 30 Days if all the items are returned in the box). You must deal directly with the manufacturer. Mp3 players, Watches (including digital camera watches,) stereos, TV's, Computers, Printers, PDA's and notebooks. "
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    Also chatted with customer service and already got refund confirmation.
    Are you an Amazon Prime customer? They only offered me a $10 promotional certificate.
  13. hjime223's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #33  
    I used the Amazon customer service system to send them a message and they not only refunded the difference but they even refunded my $3.99 Amazon Prime overnight shipping cost which I did not even ask them to do. They claimed it is not their policy to do this but they would make an exception for me this time.
  14. #34  
    The web chat person made a "special exception" and was going to allow me to return the current device and buy a new one! What a lying liar!

    Canceled my Prime membership. Called up, and the CSR refunded the $27. Moral of the story: web chat is a waste of time.
  15. #35  
    hp eventually discounts and coupons everything! Useually right before school. I got my hp envy with a $500 off coupon. Never ever buy a laptop in a store. I expect we will see touchpads for 100 - 150 off on hp website with a coupon code soon eventually. Heres what they got so far.

    HP Coupons & Coupon Code For Laptop Computers, Desktops & Other Products
  16. Hobbz's Avatar
    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    #36  
    Go out and perform a Google search for the TouchPad and select Shopping results. You're going to see several websites offering lower 'base' prices. There's obviously people selling them for little or no profit margin.

    It was revealed in other posts that Walmart is paying $522 each. If that's what HP is getting from all retailers, that means some internet retailers are trying to undercut the price and get attention. It can be good for customers, if they are reputable retailers selling new items instead of something from the secondary market.

    Do this Google shopping search for other items you have (or want) and you'll see the same results. There's no reason to panic over this.
  17. reast's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #37  
    Just contacted Amazon and they refunded the difference. Contacted them via email first and they replied they couldn't do anything. I then used the web chat and the rep said as a one time deal she would refund the difference. Not sure if it made a difference, but I am a Prime Member.
  18. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
       #38  
    Back down from $572 to even lower at $570.58 now.
    NNJ
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Back down from $572 to even lower at $570.58 now.
    A bit off topic, but Woot! has refurb 32GB WiFi Xooms for $399. The oversupply and erosion of prices for Android tabs will affect the entire market.

    The TP 4G 32GB should be priced at no more than $599, with TP WiFi models MSRP price dropping at least $100.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    From what I understand, Amazon generally reacts to price changes from other vendors. They have a "tell me about a better price" feature, and if you look at camelcamelcamel, you'll see that Amazon is in fact, doing this. 3rd party prices dropped before Amazon's.

    CamelCamelCamel
    I was not aware that there was a "report lower price" feature on Amazon. We should report the Digital Etc deal and see if we can get Amazon to lower it.



    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    A bit off topic, but Woot! has refurb 32GB WiFi Xooms for $399. The oversupply and erosion of prices for Android tabs will affect the entire market.

    The TP 4G 32GB should be priced at no more than $599, with TP WiFi models MSRP price dropping at least $100.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sorry but no. I wouldn't spend $400 on a refurb...
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 07/13/2011 at 03:06 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions