Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kitenski
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I am in a bit of a dillemma, so after some thoughts. I am an iPad 1 user, I really have nothing to complain about the device, it does what I need, the battery life is great, performance is good, apps are there.

But I recently got a Pre2 and am strangely drawn to WebOS after initially not liking it. Thus I am considering selling the iPad and buying a touchpad.

So my question is, do I go for a Touchpad now, or wait for this rumoured faster CPU/white 64GB version due in a month? I assume it is going to be more expensive and I don't really need 64GB.

I know I am going to give up apps like Flipboard, Pulse etc, but things like Synergy, tap to share, the notifications, proper multi-tasking all appeal to me.

Interested in folks thoughts!

Thanks.

Greg
    sketch42 likes this.
    I would say its up to you. I've had the TouchPad for a few days now and don't have any issues with it. it's plenty fast for me and does what I need it to do. The only time I get slowdowns is when i am heavy multitasking, like loading two web pages while facebook is updating and I try opening a new app. Even then it only bogs up for a few seconds before it gets back to working fast again. Its amazingly fast already. If you don't need the extra space I would say go with the ones out right now, they have a few bugs but a OTA update will be fixing those in a few weeks. I do suggest going to your local Best Buy to try one out though, that way you can get a better Idea of what its like.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Wait if you think that the TouchPad is lacking in any way. Do it if you feel it serves your needs.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    if you sell IP-1 how much will you get for it?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    I am in a bit of a dillemma, so after some thoughts. I am an iPad 1 user, I really have nothing to complain about the device, it does what I need, the battery life is great, performance is good, apps are there.

But I recently got a Pre2 and am strangely drawn to WebOS after initially not liking it. Thus I am considering selling the iPad and buying a touchpad.

So my question is, do I go for a Touchpad now, or wait for this rumoured faster CPU/white 64GB version due in a month? I assume it is going to be more expensive and I don't really need 64GB.

I know I am going to give up apps like Flipboard, Pulse etc, but things like Synergy, tap to share, the notifications, proper multi-tasking all appeal to me.

Thanks.

Greg
    In the world of technology there is no waiting. If you find yourself waiting for device a then you will hear about device b coming out..so you will wait for device b to come out but then device c is supposed to b coming..it's a never ending cycle that you will get caught up in.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    sketch42 likes this.
    I would just get the TouchPad because waiting is never really worth it. If you are attracted to the TouchPad then get it. It has a plenty fast processor and if you don't need 64GB then I don't see why not.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Personally, I'd wait. If the new one comes out and it's not what you'd expected, or wanted, you can still get the original TP. I bought my Pre- on the day of release. Within 6 months it was already in Palm's rearview mirror.

"Fool me once....shame on me....fool me twice....we won't get fooled again" - W
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, you won't be able to Touch-to-share between the TouchPad and the Pre2. You could use neato! in it's place (that is if it's available on the TouchPad, I don't know).

If you're OK with that, than I'd say go for it.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    I say wait until the software update comes out to buy the 1st generation Touchpad or, if you have the money wait to buy the 64GB one. By then the sofware update should be out. I love my Touchpad, but I recommended to my cousin (who wanted to get an iPad but now wants a Touchpad) to wait on buying one because the current version doesn't have document editing (which should be fixed in the update).

Thanks.

Greg
    Wait. You already have an tablet(iPad) and you have no complaints about it. Keep it and save your money. If you didn't already own a working tablet, my suggestion would be for the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Depends on how much you can get for it. I like the os on my touchpad more than I like apples ios...
    I would probably wait for the 64gb versions to see what upgrades are added. Heck, i'll probably have a 32gb version for sale as I already want more local storage.