Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    My TouchPad restarts (looks like just the Luna service) almost every time I press the power button now to awake it from sleep. Even when no apps are currently running.

It appears to be getting worse...

I notified HP and they said it's a known issue and they're working on it. Anyone else experiencing a lot of similar problems?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Yeah, mine has slowly started ramping it up, but its directly related to how much activity it sees. I've noticed mostly it happens when I have a notification. If I get a notification while my Touchpad is off (screen off) then when I press the power button, it gets frozen on the lock screen (and I can see the notification) and then restarts.
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    My TouchPad restarts (looks like just the Luna service) almost every time I press the power button now to awake it from sleep. Even when no apps are currently running.

It appears to be getting worse...

I notified HP and they said it's a known issue and they're working on it. Anyone else experiencing a lot of similar problems?
    Did you provide them log files for the issue. All reboots may not be created equally.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Mine were happening just about everytime I unlocked it with a notification too, but just today I had to do a full erase because my downloaded apps were not installing. I have not had Luna Restart since then. Still keeping my fingers crossed!!
    Please license webOS!! I will gladly take back this new iPad 2.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yeah, mine has slowly started ramping it up, but its directly related to how much activity it sees. I've noticed mostly it happens when I have a notification. If I get a notification while my Touchpad is off (screen off) then when I press the power button, it gets frozen on the lock screen (and I can see the notification) and then restarts.
    Yup, I sent them a log. The Live Chat feature in the Help app is pretty cool.
    I'm glad that HP Support sounds like they're doing a good job, but honestly, I'd exchange it for a different unit.

I picked up my touchpad from Best Buy on 7/1 and have been using it heavily since. I've not gotten A SINGLE freeze/reboot (knock on wood). Why would it only happen to some devices?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I think it has to do with a specific synergy account. Maybe Exchange? And when you receive notifications from it?