• 1 Post By Skippy07
  • 1 Post By ericblackdv
  • 2 Post By TreoRock
  • 1 Post By lukehale
  • 1 Post By kayphoonstar
  • 1 Post By rwhiz8577
  • 1 Post By JohnWLandfair
  1.    #1  
    Touchpad owners, have you noticed how small your Palm Pre's look after switching back and forth with the TP? Each time I go from using the TP and then maneuvering through webOS on my Palm Pre, I feel like I'm holding onto a Veer or simply a much smaller phone in general. It's like an optical illusion! I think this really says a lot of good things on how well webOS fits on a tablet device and more importantly how long many of us toughed it out out working on the small Pre (minus for me) screen. It really puts things in perspective and makes me even more eager to want a Pre 3 in my hands. Just an observation on my part and wanted to see if anyone else was thinking the same thing as you switch between tablet and phone.
    Lol, you should see what it does to using my Veer.
    nyallj likes this.
    It's a really weird effect. My Pre2 seems so small when I use it right after using the Touchpad, but a couple of minutes it seems normal/natural again.

-Skippy
    cabbonizio likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehale View Post
    Lol, you should see what it does to using my Veer.
    Ha! I was just thinking to myself a few minutes ago, "what about the people who own a Veer?" It must look like the James Bond wristwatch computer running webOS.
    Too funny. I thought the same thing last night. After surfing on the Touchpad for hours, I switched to my Pre- and thought "yowsa, that's small". Then I got used to it.
    cabbonizio likes this.
    That is the reason why I'm not using my Pre 2 at home as much as I used to. The Pre in my outdoors companion, while the majestic TouchPad is my homie
    cabbonizio and Rennat like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbonizio View Post
    Ha! I was just thinking to myself a few minutes ago, "what about the people who own a Veer?" It must look like the James Bond wristwatch computer running webOS.
    After you said this, I held it up to my wrist. . . I need to make myself a watchband for it now

Also it makes me love my tiny (powerful) Veer even more, actually. Makes it seem even more unbelievably small.
    cabbonizio likes this.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Funny. I was thinking the same thing with my Pixi Plus. It is kind of nice having the consistency between the phone and the TouchPad.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    That is the reason why I'm not using my Pre 2 at home as much as I used to. The Pre in my outdoors companion, while the majestic TouchPad is my homie
    I agree. If the TP is near by, you'll find my Pre sitting on the charger collecting dust. The fact that we can answer phone calls on the TP takes most of the dependency off of the Pre. My Sprint Pre minus is falling apart, rebooting itself, sound goes dead randomly so it's a pleasure to be able to run webOS on this elegant device. I'm pretty darn satisfied with my TP.
    I actually had the opposite feeling, not about my phone but about my laptop. My laptop feels outrageously big after using the touchpad for a while, and its only a 15 inch
    small, and the icons cramped.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I actually had the opposite feeling, not about my phone but about my laptop. My laptop feels outrageously big after using the touchpad for a while, and its only a 15 inch
    And HEAVY!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    KJBlauw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    It's a really weird effect. My Pre2 seems so small when I use it right after using the Touchpad, but a couple of minutes it seems normal/natural again.

-Skippy
    The exact same thing happens to me.
    Yes! I noticed this yesterday. Very weird!
    I have noticed the same thing. I have to say it is making me feel more and more compelled to move to a smaller phone. Keep it in my pocked or on the touchstone and use my TP for everything.
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    cabbonizio likes this.
    plus, my original Pre just plain feels boring. I deleted a bunch of apps from it last night because I have superior options on my Touchpad
    cabbonizio likes this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhiz8577 View Post
    I have noticed the same thing. I have to say it is making me feel more and more compelled to move to a smaller phone. Keep it in my pocked or on the touchstone and use my TP for everything.
    This reply really made me think about wanting the Pre 3 vs. the Veer, and I do like your point on how you keep the phone pocketed while you use the TP for everything. I won't be carrying around the TP all too much, but when I'm home there aren't too many reasons to use a phone device when the TP is around. I really like the way my Pre- fits in my pocket and I know the Veer would fit even better. Maybe a tad bulkier but smaller and would slip right in my pocket. The Pre 3 is obviously bigger than the original Pre, and as much as I think I want it, using the TP and taking advantage of webOS to the fullest makes me really consider the Veer. It's nice to have options right? Eventually I played with the Veer at an AT&T store and really like it a lot. Either way it's a major step up from my ailing Pre-. Ahhh, decisions, decisions but thanks for commenting on this one rwhiz8577.