1.    #1  
    I'm proud to say I've been a Handspring/Palm brand loyalist for ten years now. So currently, I'm a Palm Pre owner who bought the TouchPad on Day One (like my user name sez!). But obviously there are features on the TouchPad that I can't access because I have a legacy phone. For example, I can't seem to text message nor use Skype when I pair my Pre to my TouchPad. Those are the two biggies for me right now that are kind of a drag. But I still enjoy my new purchase, and I anticipate enjoying it even more when the Kindle app is finally running and HP releases that promised OTA software update soon!

But I wanted to open a new thread specifically for those of us Palm Pre owners in my same situation, maybe to vent a little, but more to share work-arounds, homebrew tips, and other suggestions to make our TouchPad lives a little closer to the expected norm until we get around to eventually picking up a Pre 3.

And thanks, PreCentral! I love coming here everyday and checking out what's to check out.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Text messages will be usable only on Pre2 and Veer when and if they get 2.2 or higher updates.

Skype is on device only. Don't need a phone for that.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad