Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    when i'm typing some text come out wavy, then fixes itself. Also while reading some post I noticed the top half of some words are cut off. Is this a software or pixel problem?
    You may want to go back to the place of purchase and compare your device to another new device to see if there is an issue with your screen or this is a normal function of the device.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue. It is not bad, but it is annoying. Same thing with my neighboor's TP.....
  4.    #4  
    I'm going to call tech support, and see what they say
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have had this problem with 2 Touchpads and to me it is a real distraction. I'm very surprised there are so few complaints about what I consider to be the TouchPad biggest flaw.
    definitely software, not hardware
    Dis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    definitely software, not hardware
    yup.

same issue here.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I thought I was going crazy. Lol. I had the same problem before and after the update.. Its actually doing it as I type..
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I wonder what the chances of a fix are now. I was sure hoping the last update would take care of it.
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Same problem here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Same problem here.
    Yup. It's a software issue, likely a glitch in font rendering or in the graphics engine.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Here are a couple of cropped screen captures off of the TouchPad so those who don't yet have one can see what were talking about with the screen coruption. The corruption you see is not from screen capture jpg artifacts, it is very visible on the TouchPad. From time to time it will get much worse than this but this is pretty typical of what shows up a few places on the average page. I have confirmed this on multiple TouchPads personally, is there anyone who has used their TouchPad quite a bit and never seen this? I can't believe it wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews that I can remember.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's a screen artifact. Pinch zooming in and back out usually clears it. When you pinch in, wait a second for the screen to refresh and the distortion goes away.
    Yeah, this problem is as old as my palm pre- .

I have no idea why it happens, it's just a little quirk you live with. I've more or less tuned it out altogether.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Is there any solution on how to fix this?

I see this as the #1 issue with the touchpad and makes it almost unusable in my eyes.

I want to like this device badly, but browsing the web is an eye sore when text is constantly fuzzy and cut-off.

I am assuming this is an issue that everyone is experiencing, but there are so few threads on it.

Any helpful ideas/solutions?

Thanks everyone.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I have the same problem of distorted text, but not all the time. A little annoying, but I can live with it.
    It's more annoying when I notice it. I've gotten so used to just doing a quick small zoom in/out to clear things up that it doesn't bother me, but this is certainly one of the little quirks in webOS that is dragging down the OS as a whole.

I wouldn't expect a fix, unfortunately, it sorta is what it is .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Put me in the "shocked this hasn't had more attention" group. I figured everyone knew about it. Both of mine do it.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I think one of the best selling points of a tablet is the web browsing experience (i.e. no need to ever use a mouse to browse the web).

With all the threads about how the Touchpad can go to toe-to-toe with the iPad, Xoom, etc. this is the one item that HP needed to get right.

Anyone involved with the homebrew community know if any type of fix is even plausible?

I am considering putting my tablet up for sale because it's that distracting to me.

Thanks
    This is a software issue, don't bother HP requesting a refurbished unit. You'll just be wasting your own time and patience.

And as an aside, I've had this happen going back as far as my first pre+. Just zoom in and out if it bothers you enough that you can't read past it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast