Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Touchpad could be behind them in sales by hundreds or thousands but we will have to wait for precise numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Touchpad could be behind them in sales by hundreds or thousands but we will have to wait for precise numbers.
    Or millions, of course. Exactly the same of all the tablets behind #4, including all the iPad family, also available on BB and waaaay lower in ranking.
    Newness Developments apps:

Bestbuy didn't tell us anything. What do you think that link told you. Maybe you're seeing things that are not there. You should get that checked out quick fast and in a hurry.
    There are several reality TV shows you can sign up for, one comes to mind: UFO Hunters.
    I thought you would have link to solid or semi-solid data but you're assumption or data is so flawed, I don't even know where to begin.

You sorted by best selling and that was your conclusion? Do you have any information on the calculation used to calculate that?

Do you think all those tablets are selling more than the ipad2 because ipad is on the 2nd page....

I'm sorry but I have to say wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?
    sinsin07 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    I thought you would have link to solid or semi-solid data but you're assumption or data is so flawed, I don't even know where to begin.

You sorted by best selling and that was your conclusion? Do you have any information on the calculation used to calculate that?
    I assume they use raw sales numbers to calculate that, because, you know, that's a selling ranking.

Do you think all those tablets are selling more than the ipad2 because ipad is on the 2nd page....
    I think that those tablets sell more than the iPad2 at Best Buy. If you can't understand that the iPad2 could sell better at Apple Stores than at Best Buy, I can't help you, sorry.

I can ask you: Do you have information that negates that ranking, or you only can't analyze data?

I'm sorry but I have to say wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?
    What to say...
    Last edited by deCorvett; 07/08/2011 at 11:17 PM.

cobrakon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Bestbuy didn't tell us anything. What do you think that link told you. Maybe you're seeing things that are not there. You should get that checked out quick fast and in a hurry.
    There are several reality TV shows you can sign up for, one comes to mind: UFO Hunters.
    So Bestbuy doesn't tell anything? What tell you that page?

I'm seeing what the page shows... what are you seeing? Maybe you're so smart to think that the iPad is the best-selling tablet everywhere? I'll tell you something: being the #1 globally doesn't mean being the #1 at each store.

I assume they use raw sales numbers to calculate that, because, you know, that's a selling ranking.

I think that those tablets sell more than the iPad2 at Best Buy. If you can't understand that the iPad2 could sell better at Apple Stores than at Best Buy, I can't help you, sorry.

I can ask you: Do you have information that negates that ranking, or you only can't analyze data?

What to say...
    I can analyze data when there's data to ACTUALLY Analyze.

Do you know the time scheme on the rating? Is it best selling for past day? Best selling for past hour? Best selling for past week, past month, best selling OVERALL? Do you have ANY of that information?

I can place my money on the fact that Bestbuy has sold more Ipad2's then Touchpads simply for fact that Ipad2's been out longer and it's MUCH MORE popular and desired device by your average consumer.

So there goes your best seller theory based on the position when you sort by best selling.

Sorry but that's not how statistics work.

What to say...
    The problem with your post and where your conclusion go astray is highlighted in red.

Reality show: Ghost Hunters. They search for things that ethereal.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/09/2011 at 06:03 AM.
    I can analyze data when there's data to ACTUALLY Analyze.

Do you know the time scheme on the rating? Is it best selling for past day? Best selling for past hour? Best selling for past week, past month, best selling OVERALL? Do you have ANY of that information?
    Less than a week, for sure. Look, the Touchpad is there!

I can place my money on the fact that Bestbuy has sold more Ipad2's then Touchpads simply for fact that Ipad2's been out longer and it's MUCH MORE popular and desired device by your average consumer.

So there goes your best seller theory based on the position when you sort by best selling.

Sorry but that's not how statistics work.
    Who is talking about statistics? Who is trying to calculate a market share? Me? I can assure I don't talk about statistics.

I'm looking at a selling ranking that one company provides publicly that isn't more than a snapshot of their past few days. That snapshot says that the Touchpad is selling less than the Galaxy and Transformer, but more than the iPad at those stores at this moment. Just that.

And that tells me that the Touchpad is appealing to Best Buy customers (something the OP negates) because is on top of the list.

This ranking also tells me that the iPad is selling bad at Bestbuy at this moment, and that doesn't mean that it's not selling everywhere, or that it is'nt their best selling tablet since tablets exists.

Is you who is doing wrong assumptions and taking the ranking too statistically, sorry.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by deCorvett; 07/09/2011 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    The problem with your post and where your conclusion go astray is highlighted in red.

Reality show: Ghost Hunters. They search for things that ethereal.
    Blah, blah... Where is your data that proves the opposite I'm telling?

Last edited by deCorvett; 07/09/2011 at 07:01 AM.

Blah, blah... Where is your data that proves the opposite I'm telling?

As your avatar proclaims you a developer, it strange that you find this concept so hard: There is no data. A listing in Bestbuy is not number of items sold data.

Less than a week, for sure. Look, the Touchpad is there!

Who is talking about statistics? Who is trying to calculate a market share? Me? I can assure I don't talk about statistics.

I'm looking at a selling ranking that one company provides publicly that isn't more than a snapshot of their past few days. That snapshot says that the Touchpad is selling less than the Galaxy and Transformer, but more than the iPad at those stores at this moment. Just that.

And that tells me that the Touchpad is appealing to Best Buy customers (something the OP negates) because is on top of the list.

This ranking also tells me that the iPad is selling bad at Bestbuy at this moment, and that doesn't mean that it's not selling everywhere, or that it is'nt their best selling tablet since tablets exists.

Is you who is doing wrong assumptions and taking the ranking too statistically, sorry.

Wow, just wow. Scary.

You made the assumption. You posted the link.
    Look at all the AMAZING products that have gone bye-bye due to poor advertising, and
    rotten execution. Remember Amiga computers? These had windowing environments and multi-tasking before IBM/Microsoft Windows. They were fabulous. Amiga never advertised their products, thus your average consumer didn't know they existed and the few computer geeks who did buy them couldn't keep them afloat.

Palm...OMG...I LOVED my old treo 600...best phone EVER. I had it for years. Nothing compared to it. Palm Pilots. Yep, they were pretty cool too..they were the ipod before there was an ipod. You cold play mp3's on them and even watch videos and read books and news. Again nothing for advertising...and not appealing to the general consumer = death. Obviously HP realizes webOS rocks! The pre did horrible because palm had that commercial with the creepy lady and didn't tell consumers why they need a pre. While every Apple commercial with apple and PC told you why you should have an apple product instead of a pc (and in 30 seconds). We tivo everything at our house...and even my apple hating hubby would stop to watch the apple vs. pc commercials.

Yeah, your average consumer thinks it needs a camera on back. They'll never use it, but if you want it to sell.....you'd better have one. Apps...yes not as necessary when you have flash.....but lots of fun games for the kids to play and things to do when not connected via wi-fi...yep you need that too. A wi-fi ONLY device that HAS to be connected at all times isn't going to take off. I'm a geek and I don't have access everywhere I go and I want to be able to read through emails or download rss info to read later. And I don't really want to wast my bandwith streaming EVERYThing. I find it really nice to rip some of my DVD's and put them on my device.

All I have to say is that HP needs to take a lesson. Advertise and pay someone to come up with a really good campaign and then make sure the product is good looking and works out of the box. Your average joe won't put up with flash crashing their device constantly. Most will think it's defective and return it. What a great idea to put super slippery cheapo plastic on the back of something you need to hang onto. Uh yeah. It's just really disappointing. If you're designing the look and feel of this stuff then I'd think you'd go out and buy every tablet you can find on the market and figure out what things are good and bad.

I dunno. I guess it just gets caught up in bureaucracy.

I was at a local best buy last night.

There were 6 Touch pads on display. Yes, 6! A whole booth was dedicated to the touchpad and Veer.

You know how many people were gathered around playing with the touchpad? me.

I look over to Apple booth and that's where majority of people were. Couple people were checking out the Asus Transformer and were asking the salesman if it was on sale at $399 because price was $100 lower than most tabs there.

I played with the TouchPad...as soon as I picked it up, I noticed how heavy it was. I watched some trailers they had preloaded to get a feel of the Speakers everyone raves about but sadly it was too loud in the store and I couldn't hear them, though I could feel the vibrations in my hand from the sound.

about 10 minutes in, a couple walked from the Apple section to where I was, They picked one up, like me, their first comment to each other was, wow, this is heavy. 2nd comment was on no camera. Yes no Camera, They didn't even notice the front facing camera at first, just looked in the back, and saw there was no camera. The girl then states to the guy, looks like your iphone, but bigger (guy pulls out his 3gs balck and say yah, it kinda does), then they walked off back to the Apple section. For $500, people rather opt for the ipad2.

All this and they didn't bother to play with the software itself. They didn't care because they were so put off by the aesthetics of the device itself. It's not light, it's not thin, it's missing essential things like rear facing camera that even cheap china tablets have. People, NORMAL EVERYDAY PEOPLE, look at these things FIRST!.

Even me being a webOS fan, even I thought the tablet was chunky and heavy (I could care less about the camera).

A tab that heavy, that thick, they couldn't squeeze in a tiny camera?

I'm really sorry but HP is NOT on the same page as the average consumers.

I
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12