1.    #1  
    just got the TP last night and started playing with it.
    I put my pre- in discover mode and touchpad bluetooth was turned on. the pre- "saw" and connected to touchpad; and it SEEMED like TP was connected, (i.e. "palm pre" showed up in the list of devices) EVEN THOUGH in red letters it said 'could not connect to palm pre" on the TP ...

I had my wife send me a couple of txts to my pre and got no notifications on the TP..

am I doing it wrong? is there some kind of order (ie. tp needs to "discover" pre, not vice versa?) to pairing, or does that notification stuff not work w/ pre-'s or ...?

thx
    I have not been able to get my Pre- to send over messages either. It is a feature that is not fully supported in webOS 1.X. Some people have had luck with it, but most have not.
  3.    #3  
    strange. you'd think if there were limitations, it'd affect everyone equally.. maybe depends on what patches/homebrews are also on the pre-? if anyone out there DOES have the pre- that gives notifications to their TP itd be interesting to compare pre- 'specs' to see why one person's would work and not the other ..
    sigh. I REALLY hope sprint gets the pre3..
    It's been said elsewhere that sending text messages requires at least WebOS 2.0, so the older palm phones that are stuck on 1.4 will only be able to send over calls, not texts.
  5. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    calls = yes, SMS/Text = no on my 1.4.5 Day1 Pre- via the tPad. I submit they'll find a 'patch' for that at some point???
    Has this issue been resolved? Is there a patch yet?
    this requires WebOS 2.2. Not sure if that version will ever get released.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    same problem. Mine will pair solid only if receive phone calls is checked in options but it will still not text. Also touch to share does not work. Pre minus 1.45... Phone echoes on other side of conversation. My side is clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    strange. you'd think if there were limitations, it'd affect everyone equally.. maybe depends on what patches/homebrews are also on the pre-? if anyone out there DOES have the pre- that gives notifications to their TP itd be interesting to compare pre- 'specs' to see why one person's would work and not the other ..
    sigh. I REALLY hope sprint gets the pre3..
    I would help if I can. I'm not an expert but like tech stuff. My pre is a year and a half old and original. Many preware ad ons.