Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    So as this is my first post on here I don't want to annoy the mods, but my issue doesn't necessarily relate to the other threads about this.

I am in the UK and got my Touchpad yesterday and was happily playing with it, until I went to the App Catalogue to buy some apps and noticed all prices are in USD and I can't add a european credit card. Now I have read all the posts about geographic locks on the app store, but I am in the UK which is a country HP supports so am confused.

But here's the ridiculous part - i also have a Pre 2, and the WebOS account I have setup (as UK based) shows the app catalogue in GBP and lets me buy with my UK based credit card. But using the exact same account (even when checking online it shows my account as UK based?!?) on the touchpad shows everything in USD and won't let me purchase.

Very frustrating - HP support are dealing with it, but I am worried that somehow my touchpad is already locked to the US app catalogue.

anyone else have a similar issue?
    They changed how the catalog works for Veer and TP a few weeks back. I know you're not permanently locked into a specific region, though the process for changing it around escapes me at the moment.
    I think you need to set the language to English-United Kingdom rather than Engish-United States.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I think you need to set the language to English-United Kingdom rather than Engish-United States.
    Mine is set to English - United Kingdom. I actually reset the device using WebOS doctor and started again to double check this was selected.
    I have same problem here
    _could_ be, that the app catalog for Touchpad in UK is not yet active, because you know...you got your devices in advance of the planned arrival and in the past, the app catalog has been set up only some days or even hours in advance.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Have you tried with a new profile (other email address then the one used on your Pre)?
    At least to pinpoint the problem, whether it is something with using one account over multiple devices or there is something wrong with the app catalog in general.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    _could_ be, that the app catalog for Touchpad in UK is not yet active, because you know...you got your devices in advance of the planned arrival and in the past, the app catalog has been set up only some days or even hours in advance.
    Sorry, but thats not it either because a colleague of mine got his TP the same day as me, and also has a pre 2, so is sharing the same webOS account between phone and TP and his App Catalogue is in GBP and he can buy apps with his UK credit card.
    hm...now there is also a report in a german webOS forum, where the user has a new HP Veer, activated in germany with a former german Pixi+ profile and also cannot enter his german credit card information but only USA, Canada, Mexico.

Seems, that this is not a Touchpad-related problem.
    Welcome to PreCentral, steven. Your new post did not annoy this mod. I hope HP straightens this out soon.
    surprise as mine has everything in pounds. I have already started to buy. Also I dont have to put in my credit card as my palm profile had it. I just have to sign in.
    I am in UK and see all the prices in GBP.

Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    So as this is my first post on here I don't want to annoy the mods, but my issue doesn't necessarily relate to the other threads about this.

I am in the UK and got my Touchpad yesterday and was happily playing with it, until I went to the App Catalogue to buy some apps and noticed all prices are in USD and I can't add a european credit card. Now I have read all the posts about geographic locks on the app store, but I am in the UK which is a country HP supports so am confused.

But here's the ridiculous part - i also have a Pre 2, and the WebOS account I have setup (as UK based) shows the app catalogue in GBP and lets me buy with my UK based credit card. But using the exact same account (even when checking online it shows my account as UK based?!?) on the touchpad shows everything in USD and won't let me purchase.

Very frustrating - HP support are dealing with it, but I am worried that somehow my touchpad is already locked to the US app catalogue.

anyone else have a similar issue?
    so it looks like it is not general problem, but problem affecting just some persons. Now we will need to find if it is profile related issue or some touchpad related setting. I would bet the first case.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Yup, I'm seeing the same problem. Touchpad delivered early here in the UK, and I'm seeing USDs all over the shop (fnar, fnar). Ive got a Veer (imported from the states), and that's working fine. Oddness.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigp View Post
    Yup, I'm seeing the same problem. Touchpad delivered early here in the UK, and I'm seeing USDs all over the shop (fnar, fnar). Ive got a Veer (imported from the states), and that's working fine. Oddness.
    Have you raised it with HP Support? I did this morning, sent them some screenshots and logs but have heard nothing since my case was "escalated". I'll keep you posted on the progress...
    i'm experiencing the same problem, will keep an eye on this thread. Wonder if there's a batch with a US OS version have been shipped to the UK...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    For everyone seeing this issue, please PM me or Hardbeatz (here or on the Palm forums, I'm "Anachronistic" there) and provide us with your webOS profile email address. With that we can open a ticket to have this issue fixed for your account. Thank you.
    hi calvin I have PMd you thanx for your help!
    I received my Touchpad today an I've got the same problem. My HP catalog is showing in $ and with no card registered, even though I have one registered and have used it on my Pre 2.
    donm527 likes this.
    Me too - TP arrived today and it's in USD - I have sent Calvin a PM too. I rang the HP support line and was promised a call back that never came too...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast