Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I received my Toudhpad on Friday - same problem with trying to register a UK credit card - new to Palm so no previous ID details I can (try to) use. Hope this gets fixed soon - the more Apps bought, the more that will be developed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    I received my Toudhpad on Friday - same problem with trying to register a UK credit card - new to Palm so no previous ID details I can (try to) use. Hope this gets fixed soon - the more Apps bought, the more that will be developed?
    if you PM calvin with your webos registered email he can sort it out for you. Thanks again calvin for all your help!
    Just wanted to quickly thank Calvin, posted IM yesterday and now App Catalogue in GBP and working fine
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks Calvin. Fixed for me, too. I had a weird problem with my Veer not being able to process my credit card, and only allowing me to add US-based addresses for a new card. After the Touchpad store problem was fixed, I deleted the credit card on the store on my Veer, and re-added it and now all is well.
    Calvin is a genius! Apps Store now behaving as it should do!
    Likewise my app store is now in GBP, thanks Calvin - of course as a result I have gone mad and purchased just about everything on it - but that's half the "fun".
    ...only downside I've noticed is some of the apps are now not available in the UK catalog - even though they've been reviewed on UK websites. e.g. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
    That's annoying! I thought they were getting rid of the geographical restrictions
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    FYI. The issue that caused this was identified and fixed last week. For those of you that have contacted me via PM, your issue should have been resolved by now.

A couple of clarifications: If you buy a TouchPad and sign into your same profile as an existing phone, you will be pointed to the same AC Country as your phone. If you are a new TouchPad customer, then you should be prompted for your AC Country first time you open the AC.

Final note: Not all countries have paid apps available.

Feel free to continue to contact me via PM if you have issues with your AC country not matching your actual country. I will help you as best I can.
    Calvin, what happened to the lift on the geo restrictions ?
    Well I got my TouchPad on Friday and can confirm the app catalogue is working as it should!
    Hi!
    Considering to buy a TP. Can anybody tell me if I can buy apps in Switzerland with a Swiss credit card? I can't with my Pre, which is a shame.

I won't buy the TP if I cannot buy any apps.
    Thanks!
    Michael
    Hi all,

Anyone else having issues getting this problem resolved? From the thread, looks like most people are getting the fix in a day or two. I reported this to HP/Palm on July 18th and did the PM thing, but it's still not fixed as of today (July 26th). All I get from Live Chat is "engineering are investigating, we'll contact you when we know more".

Extremely frustrating as I can only download free apps.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    FYI. The issue that caused this was identified and fixed last week. For those of you that have contacted me via PM, your issue should have been resolved by now.

A couple of clarifications: If you buy a TouchPad and sign into your same profile as an existing phone, you will be pointed to the same AC Country as your phone. If you are a new TouchPad customer, then you should be prompted for your AC Country first time you open the AC.

Final note: Not all countries have paid apps available.

Feel free to continue to contact me via PM if you have issues with your AC country not matching your actual country. I will help you as best I can.

Calvin have a US touchpad and veer and now live in singapore. sinagpore is launching touchpad in aug in singapore. what will happen to my app catalog?

Chris
    1st Launch of App Catalog it asked me for my country, and warned that this could not be changed later. I selected a country it has been set, apparently permanently. I've sent Calvin my id and hopefully he can fix that for me.

1.) Can I create another profile and sign in with it?
    2.) How do I create a new profile?
    3.) What if I sell my touchpad to someone in another country, how can they change the app catalog setting?
    Last edited by rndinit0; 08/01/2011 at 06:58 AM.
    My appstore is in GBP by default, the problem I have is that when finish adding credit card details it would not accept it. (both cards)it says contact your financial institute, Anyone come across this before?
    Quote Originally Posted by stea1thmode View Post
    My appstore is in GBP by default, the problem I have is that when finish adding credit card details it would not accept it. (both cards)it says contact your financial institute, Anyone come across this before?
    I've seen a couple of posts where individuals needed to contact their financial institution to update their contact information.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I've seen a couple of posts where individuals needed to contact their financial institution to update their contact information.

Telephone conversation to my bank revealed that my card was rejected by HP app store.

After a long phone conversation to a HP rep he informed me that as of from the latest 3.02 update, app store are now also accepting debit cards. I pretty much vented my frustration at him and argued that this is not the case as 2 of my debit cards were not accepted and as a final measure I reluctantly had to use my credit card and that HP were quick to accept my debit card for payment for the tabs but would not accept it for the measly app store, that is so backwards....

I imagine this issue being a common re-occurrence as not everyone has access to a credit card, I for one and many other people I know do not often use credit cards.

..anyway rant over, but yeah HP app-store only accept credit cards.
    it's not the appstore ,it's the App catalogue
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stea1thmode View Post
    Telephone conversation to my bank revealed that my card was rejected by HP app store.

After a long phone conversation to a HP rep he informed me that as of from the latest 3.02 update, app store are now also accepting debit cards. I pretty much vented my frustration at him and argued that this is not the case as 2 of my debit cards were not accepted and as a final measure I reluctantly had to use my credit card and that HP were quick to accept my debit card for payment for the tabs but would not accept it for the measly app store, that is so backwards....

I imagine this issue being a common re-occurrence as not everyone has access to a credit card, I for one and many other people I know do not often use credit cards.

..anyway rant over, but yeah HP app-store only accept credit cards.

what was the error code it gave? Was it LOC02029?

reason I ask is because I tried both a debit and a credit card, but it gave me the same error code for each. My bank seems to think that the problem is with the security number.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast