Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Handles. Seriously. Handles. How in the WORLD did mobile technology- or ANY user technology- go this long without handles?????!!!! I think it's even more useful and intuitive than Multi-touch!

Every time I use them I feel like I can't possibly go back to a tablet or device that doesn't have them... it's pure genius. *applause*

If Enyo didn't bring anything else to the table, it brought that. And that is enough to satisfy me. Period. :-D
    Handles.... I'm lost bike handles? *confuzmentality (yes I did say confuz..)
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  3.    #3  
    You know, the little bars that show up at the bottom of the TouchPad apps (native and 3.0 coded) that allow you to move from panel to panel by swiping side to side. Genius.

Just hold it and drag it, and you have a whole different view. (Email, facebook, pictures, etc... the HP apps)
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    estebancam likes this.
    100% right someone has to advise HP how to make noise like apple.
    Aren't these handles already in iOS, or is that on 5.x only?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Totally agree, love them!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    No they are not. Come on, iOS having something intuitive? Haha jk.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kchan283 View Post
    100% right someone has to advise HP how to make noise like apple.
    No kidding. Be loud and be proud. That is kind of a hard thing to advertise, though. Even when they did the enyo demonstration I still wasn't very excited about handles until I actually used them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    it's gonna be the show-stealer features in iOS 6: sliding apps and multitasking cards. why did nobody else ever think of those?
    Jake_M, kchan283, rot and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    it's gonna be the show-stealer features in iOS 6: sliding apps and multitasking cards. why did nobody else ever think of those?
    I can totally see this happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by godshapedhole View Post
    it's gonna be the show-stealer features in ios 6: Sliding apps and multitasking cards. Why did nobody else ever think of those?
    its so true.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  13. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    it will me *magical* when that happens!
    But in all seriousness, I really do love the sliding Enyo panes. HP is really on to something with the UI for their apps. Although there are few apps on the TP comparatively speaking, there are more than I was expecting and they're more fun to use with that slidey Enyo goodness than I expected too.

Just needs some gpu acceleration to sweeten the deal. :-)
    arent they more fingles than handles? Or even thumbles? ;-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Actually, iOS already has a number of apps with sliding panels. I love the way they work.
    Yeah, Twitter for iPad uses sliding panes better than any other program.
    and windows mobile 6 already had a number of apps that worked and scrolled smoothly. which didn't say ANYTHING about the platform at large.

and a handful of iOS apps using a sliding metaphor to switch between app tasks/scenes or display multiple scenes at the same time doesn't have anything on webOS programming framework natively handling things that way, making ALL apps work like that and enabling developers to code an app ONCE and let it display sliders on tablets and show one scene at a time on phones.

But none of that counts, does it. an iOS app had this feature first, so iOS innovated it, so Apple deserves all that praise, right?
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    No kidding. Be loud and be proud. That is kind of a hard thing to advertise, though. Even when they did the enyo demonstration I still wasn't very excited about handles until I actually used them.
    Nope. It can be advertised. HP and before Palm are not doing the right commercials. There are ton of features that just makes you buy this tablet. They have to show them.
    Hint: doing an Apple commercial will rile people up against HP for 'ripping off Apple'. This always happens if any company touches something that Apple has also touched, nevermind whether Apple was the first to touch it. Remember that Apple can do no fault because unlike HP, it is beloved.
    you don't blot out 25 years worth of gorgeous us-versus-them david-versus-goliath think-different-versus-everybody's-PC-is-the-same narrative with a few years of market domination.
    Apple has long become goliath, but people still have the reflex of Apple = loveable underdog so deeply ingrained into them that they still spew stuff about thinking different while clutching a phone that untold millions also possess and which cannot be modified or personalized without doing stuff that Apple has, in fact, sued against.

HP, meanwhile, represents the very corporate goliath that Apple fans want not to be identified with.

And a powerpoint presentation of how webOS works will make people change the channel, not buy a phone or tablet. Remember a similar idea - show people the facts and they will come - was used in presidential runs in the past. it did not work well.

I think they've got the right idea in grabbing peoples' attentions with celebrities and *also* showing how stuff works without concentrating on technics. Came for That Dude From Get Him To The Greek, stayed for That Tablet Totally Shows All The Open Apps At The Same Time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast