Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
Like Tree22Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    1. Clunker Design

    With hopes that I'm not labeled as obese, dumb, or a weakling I agree with this one. But this is a legitimate issue keeping it from being an iPad killer in my mind. Aesthetics are a major part of marketting and however much enthusiests want to bash on marketting, it matters. Look for example the reaction to the original "creepy palm lady" Ad's and the "Droid Does" ad's. Whether correct or not, Tablets who do not have a similar appearance in tangible things...such as the girth of it...are going to have a harder time from a general public perspective as being seen as on par. To be a true "killer" you can't start out on first site as falling behind.

    Thinness sells. The Razr phone for the longest time was the greatest selling cell phone ever largely due to its amazingly thin profile. One of the big selling point of the iPhone4 was how thin it got. Every company seems to be aiming at some thinner phone be it the Xperia Arc or the Optimus Black.

    This doesn't just fit with phones either. Look at the movement in the television market going from CRT to Plasma to LCD to LED...all movements, in part, pushed by how much smaller they are. Same with monitors.

    Heck, lets even be fair here and look inwards. The notion suddenly that WebOS people think that size shoudln't factor into anything is a bit ridiculous.

    "The Veer '4G' is a good thing in a really small package"

    That was this sites tag line for the Veer review, immedietely on point one focusing on its SIZE. It goes onto talk about how nice it is to have a phone that the reviewer is fine to fit in his pocket. The Veer is only slightly smaller and lighter than the Pre and yet one phone he doesn't feel comfortable not in a holster and the other he's fine with in the pocket. Based on the comments of many on this site recently, this reviewer should be ridiculed and berated. Its only a slight difference! It should have no baring on how you use it!

    Lets time travel a bit, back to 2009 when the pixi came out. During which the reviewer felt it important to dwell on its size stating:

    "the Pixi is small, it's tiny, it's thin. Until you hold it in your hand it's difficult to get across, but ounce for ounce and inch for inch, I'm not sure I've ever seen as elegant and powerful a phone in a size this small."

    Immedietely following this he points out its 10% thinner than the iPhone at its thinnest point, directly comparing the size of a WebOS product to an iOS one suggesting it a benefit even though its a "small" increase. Same thing when the reviewer goes on about how nice its narrowness (Still talking size) was compared to the iPhone and the Droid...again, pushing a slight size difference as a benefit.

    Apparently, some members of PreCentral have turned 180 since the pixi and the Veer as well, now suggesting that size doesn't matter and anyone suggesting it should be mocked. I disagree, as does Samsung (who shrunk their tablet) and HP (who put out a phone focusing on its size), and think that while its not a make or break issue in and of itself it does damage its ability to be an "iphone killer".
    I agree with almost everything you said, even that the size does matter. . . however, I don't think your analogy to the Veer holds up. The Veer is a phone, not a tablet. With the tablets, you can't very well just make the entire thing "tiny" and that makes it better. Overall size makes a HUGE difference, and can even make it aimed at a different type of consumber, such as a 7" vs a 9.7" tablet. That overall size difference has a lot bigger effect on how you use the tablet vs simply making it thinner. I think thinner is maybe cooler, and lighter obviously better, but I don't think that comparison to the Veer/Pixi is valid. It's a different version of size. . . you can't very well make a tablet with a 9.7" screen that is half the overall size of the iPad. Other that that point I agree with the majority of what was said.

    I bought the Veer because it was tiny. I wouldn't by the iPhone over the Pre3 or some super thin Android phone over the iPhone based merely on it being thinner.
  2. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I like how much people are flogging the 'fat and heavy' horse because it means that they can't use anything else against the touchpad that can't be cleaned up in an OTA update.
    If you're going to start a arguing against people suggesting that being smaller sized is an advantage and thus being larger sized a disadvantage perhaps you should start it with PreCentral which highlighted the benefit of size for both the Veer and the Pixi as well as HP whose entire marketing strategy is based around the Veer being small. Apparently they disagree with you in regards to the issues of things being larger or smaller.

    Secondly, people have been talking about things other than "fat and heavy" that a over the air update doesn't address. The all glossy plastic build material outside of the glass is one example. The lack of a rear facing camera is another. Simply because you dislike or don't care about them doesn't mean they aren't areas where the touchpad is behind in the competition as a single, unquestionable fact.

    Thirdly, when it comes to WebOS why should people buy that an OTA update is coming soon prior to it coming? Would that be similar to the documenting editing that was coming within weeks to the Pre- (And supposedly now to the TouchPad)? Is that like the OTA updates that cured the Pre- of its Too Many Cards issues? Is that like the OTA update that would upgrade the older WebOS devices to WebOS 2.0? Those in charge of WebOS do not have a history, under Palm or under HP, of making good with their promises of updates and fixes on a consistent basis.

    Could the lag problems some people are facing be fixed with OTA updates? Yes. Could boot time improve? Yes. Could the outgoing camera video possibly improve? Maybe. Could enabling of video out be deved in? Yes. Could we get actual office capabilities? Yes. Could we get more touch to share features other than just webpage sharing? Yes. Is any of that going to happen shortly? To be perfectly frank, that's a Maybe if one is going to base their answer off of realistic history rather than hope.

    So its not just about "fat and heavy" because there's nothing else.

    Now, as I alluded to in the last post and I'll say again...there's definite things that the TouchPad has over the iPad2 or Tab 10'1. Touch to Share is one of them. The smooth multitasking interface of WebOS is another that is huge. The things synergy does in a variety of applications are mimiced but not to the same level and thus is a bonus. Touchstone and exhibition is a wonderful feature and my favorite accessory of any pad. WebOS's notifications are still, even with iOS5's new ones, are the best in the business.

    The problem is, its marketting itself as a top of the line tablet which means step one for most reviewers and shoppers that know nothing about tablets other than the little they hear through word of mouth is to compare the obvious between similar products first....which is outward appearance and listed specs. If you get past that THEN you get into the more nitty gritty things that aren't obvious, which are largely where WebOS comes out ahead on.

    But you've got to get them to that point, and the TouchPad doesn't right now. If you are looking at three luxury cars and two have remote starter systems, automatic convertible roofs, and 30 MPG and then the third doesn't have remote starter, has a manual convertible roof, and gets 22 MPG then that third car starts off on a bad foot and may not be looked at any further....even if it offers a ton of benefits once you start resesarching it closer as far as giving a smoother ride, better warranty, better entertainment center, etc.

    Same thing here. The TouchPad, on the physical appearance and spec sheet stats, is likely to not match up to the average person with the two "top end" tablets right now in the iPad2 and the Tab 10'1. Which means a lower amount of people are going to get to see those benefits of it then there would be if they had done what Samsung did and shrunk the design and threw in a rear camera.

    Doesn't mean the TouchPad is a bad device, far from it. I'd still take that personally over anything but an iPad2 right now as I'm not a big fan of Honeycomb and I don't want to have a blackberry phone and found QNX to be a cheap rippoff of WebOS. I'm simply saying its far from a perfect device, is definitely lacking in some areas, and by doing so will hurt its market potential which will in turn hamper HP's efforts with app creation, consumer adaption of its products, and the growht of WebOS in general compared to if it had made a few minor changes.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

    I like how much people are flogging the 'fat and heavy' horse because it means that they can't use anything else against the touchpad that can't be cleaned up in an OTA update.
    Well the sad part of that is that the "fat and heavy" point does seem like it's a necessary trade off for the kind of specs they put into it, especially audio specs, compared to the thinner competitors.

    Just because two people maybe the same height but one weighs 80 pounds more than the other doesn't mean that reason is because they're obese...
  4. #24  
    Again. . . "Smaller" is NOT equal to "thinner", so the Veer comparison is not completely valid. Different thing.

    I think the thin factor only matters for consumer perception of it being higher end. It doesn't at this scale really have any bearing on usability between the two. Touchpad is thicker, yes, but it's still just barely more than half an inch thick, still perfectly usable. The iPad is just impressively thin.

    Weight is another factor entirely though, because it can over time have an effect on usability. But thicker doesn't always mean heavier. If the touchpad was the same weight as the iPad 2, this would matter even less.... but, it's not, so there's that too.
  5. #25  
    Of the 5 points only 1 is relevant: Apps.

    The rest is small stuff that few people will actually base a buy decision on.
    The price can either help or hurt. Less price also signals less quality in the minds of potential customers. The trick is to offer rebates and/or bundles to undercut the real price of the IPad where that could help - not lower the list price.

    Few people will prefer the IPad just because it's thinner. Thinner is nice - but if you like to have Flash - will you really get the one without flash just because it's a little bit thinner?
    Same with rear camera. It's nice to have extra stuff - gives you the feeling it's there in case you need it. But hardly anybody will ever use a Tablet device to make photos. You just use your phone for that.

    It boils down to:
    * You are already an Apple fan (have the Ipod, lots of content in ITunes, possibly a Mac laptop) or you want best app selection by far - you'll likely get the IPad and hat HP offers was probably never relevant. Touchpad could have cameras in all directions and be paper thin and cost $75 less and you would still get the IPad
    * You don't care much about selection as long as your personal minimum selection is covered, you don't have much or any Itunes media content, any apps you might miss don't matter as much on a tablet with Flash and therefore all the regular web available. Multi-tasking looks sweet on the TouchPad and it costs the same as the less-capable

    Regular customers have no idea what a Snapdragon CPU is. Heck - they don't know what a CPU is. They will understand that you can have several programs open (just like on their desktop/laptop) if a friend or salesperson shows them that.

    The Touchpad needs some good marketing and most of all helpful salespeople. If random person goes to Best Buy and salesperson says Touchpad nice, but you want the real thing over here at the Apple display - then HP is screwed. If salesperson gives fair comparison and shows both tablets side by side - the TouchPad will look good in comparison (after all the IPad - even 2 - *is* *less* capable - except when it comes to apps - though the latter can be a big deal admittedly).

    IMHO apps are much less relevant on a tablet than on a smartphone. Because smartphones have small displays, apps can optimize the interface a lot - especially for the many sites that don't even have good mobile versions.

    On a tablet apps can still optimize the interface - but the difference is much smaller - especially when that tablet is flash enabled and capable of easy multi-tasking.

    The following is hard to imagine:
    Customer loves the multi-tasking cards interface, likes that flash is available and is not too concerned about the app selection (email, media and ereader is there after all), notifications look very nice, even has USB instead of that incompatible Apple only interface - but the rear camera and the slight difference in thickness are deal breakers and s/he then decides for the device with otherwise less features. That is not a likely scenario.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    few people will prefer the ipad just because it's thinner. Thinner is nice - but if you like to have flash - will you really get the one without flash just because it's a little bit thinner?
    Same with rear camera. It's nice to have extra stuff - gives you the feeling it's there in case you need it. But hardly anybody will ever use a tablet device to make photos. You just use your phone for that.
    this +1
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehale View Post
    this +1
    Hi all,

    As a hobby photographer for over 40 years, I have used a 35 mm slr for decades until I moved to a dslr....I can't imagine using a pad to take a pic, more than just a bit cumbersome.

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  8. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Few people will prefer the IPad just because it's thinner. Thinner is nice - but if you like to have Flash - will you really get the one without flash just because it's a little bit thinner?
    Same with rear camera. It's nice to have extra stuff - gives you the feeling it's there in case you need it. But hardly anybody will ever use a Tablet device to make photos. You just use your phone for that.

    It boils down to:
    * You are already an Apple fan (have the Ipod, lots of content in ITunes, possibly a Mac laptop) or you want best app selection by far - you'll likely get the IPad and hat HP offers was probably never relevant. Touchpad could have cameras in all directions and be paper thin and cost $75 less and you would still get the IPad
    * You don't care much about selection as long as your personal minimum selection is covered, you don't have much or any Itunes media content, any apps you might miss don't matter as much on a tablet with Flash and therefore all the regular web available. Multi-tasking looks sweet on the TouchPad and it costs the same as the less-capable
    Tell me, why are your experiences more relevant than mine? I do take photos with my pad, indeed far more often now than I do with my phone.

    I have zero itunes songs or movies, did not own an iOS device prior to the iPad2, and absolutely adore webOS.

    Part of my personal minimum selection would be netflix, which is silverlight not flash. While flash is handy, I've found very little of my web experience on the iPad2 hindered by flash and not enough to discount things like word processing, a large swatch of games, and niche programs like those for RPG's.

    I bought the iPad2 specifically to get used to using a tablet to see if its even a worth while purchase for me while waiting for a TouchPad to see if I'd sell the ipad2 (taking advantage of its good resell) and pick up the TP. I wrote a review on that very thing here in these forums.

    Had the majority of my experiences with the TP in stores not have a few hicups, had it been thinner, if it had a rear camera, if it was made clear and obvious that there WOULD be video out coming, if it had Netflix or was clear it would get it shortly, if it hadn't destroyed one of the most unique and wonderful things about webOS by removing the wide range of gesture support, I would likely be using one today.

    Instead, I am holding onto my iPad2 while hoping the Opal or the TP2 correct the issues and continuing to use my Pre- because I'm an avid WebOS guy. If they can't even convince the entire swatch of die hard fans...fans who have stuck by them and their phone for over 2 years despite never having any indication that I'd see an update to it on my carrier. I was ready and willing to buy a WebOS tablet, but I wanted to see that they were NOT starting this round of product style similar to the Pre where it was underspecced, underdesigned, and unprepared software wise with "promises" that may or may never happen....unfortunantly, that's not what happened.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    :
    Customer loves the multi-tasking cards interface, likes that flash is available and is not too concerned about the app selection (email, media and ereader is there after all), notifications look very nice, even has USB instead of that incompatible Apple only interface - but the rear camera and the slight difference in thickness are deal breakers and s/he then decides for the device with otherwise less features. That is not a likely scenario.
    Note: TP has yet to have an ereader. Kindle app isnt up yet, and even then that won't read all ePub files. And PDF viewer is still slow and bare bones. This will turn off some people, or at least disappoint.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    ...snip...
    I like how much people are flogging the 'fat and heavy' horse because it means that they can't use anything else against the touchpad that can't be cleaned up in an OTA update.
    Man that's gonna be some update to add a rear camera and HDMI out. Can't wait to see that.

    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    ...snip...Same with rear camera. It's nice to have extra stuff - gives you the feeling it's there in case you need it. But hardly anybody will ever use a Tablet device to make photos. You just use your phone for that.
    Attended a few graduations this year. Saw numerous fine ladies and some guys using their iPad2 to record/take pictures of the event. Much easier to hold steady and get the whole event. No panning left and right, like with a camera phone. I had good seats so I just rested my iPad 2 on the armrest and the iPad2 did the rest. Too bad the camera is not all it can be. Seen a lot of tourist in Manhattan using that 7 inch Galaxy tab taking pics. Not everybody is comfortable with a DSLR or wants to lug a single purpose device like a camcorder. With better camera's a tablet can be great. That why I hope the HP Opal has good specs.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Man that's gonna be some update to add a rear camera and HDMI out. Can't wait to see that.

    ....snip....
    Wow... What updat did the iPad have for HDMI video??.. Oh right.. The one that says BUY AN ADAPTER =P ...

    You don't know that an HDMI adapter isn't in the works for the TP..



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Tell me, why are your experiences more relevant than mine? I do take photos with my pad, indeed far more often now than I do with my phone.
    Individually my experience or opinions are not more relevant than yours. When it comes to your personal preferences you are the sole arbiter of what's right and wrong.

    But if you want to convince me that you are not a rare exception then you'll have a hard time. Almost everybody that has or will get a tablet already has a phone capable of making pictures. I don't think you can make a credible case that using a tablet to make photos is more convenient or even slightly similiar to making pictures with a phone camera (let alone a dedicated camera).

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I have zero itunes songs or movies, did not own an iOS device prior to the iPad2, and absolutely adore webOS.

    Part of my personal minimum selection would be netflix, which is silverlight not flash. While flash is handy, I've found very little of my web experience on the iPad2 hindered by flash and not enough to discount things like word processing, a large swatch of games, and niche programs like those for RPG's.

    I bought the iPad2 specifically to get used to using a tablet to see if its even a worth while purchase for me while waiting for a TouchPad to see if I'd sell the ipad2 (taking advantage of its good resell) and pick up the TP. I wrote a review on that very thing here in these forums.

    Had the majority of my experiences with the TP in stores not have a few hicups, had it been thinner, if it had a rear camera, if it was made clear and obvious that there WOULD be video out coming, if it had Netflix or was clear it would get it shortly, if it hadn't destroyed one of the most unique and wonderful things about webOS by removing the wide range of gesture support, I would likely be using one today.

    Instead, I am holding onto my iPad2 while hoping the Opal or the TP2 correct the issues and continuing to use my Pre- because I'm an avid WebOS guy. If they can't even convince the entire swatch of die hard fans...fans who have stuck by them and their phone for over 2 years despite never having any indication that I'd see an update to it on my carrier. I was ready and willing to buy a WebOS tablet, but I wanted to see that they were NOT starting this round of product style similar to the Pre where it was underspecced, underdesigned, and unprepared software wise with "promises" that may or may never happen....unfortunantly, that's not what happened.
    Most of the fans have not "stood by them". Nor should they. I like webos and I like it better than the alternatives. I never regretted getting the Pre (never had hardware problems) - but it's not a religion. I don't care much about either Palm or HP. They are companies. Our interests align only insofar they produce some products that I like to on and no further than that.
    Most of the first years webos users are long gone. Of those remaining here on Precentral a sizable percentage is renting all the time. Some justified, some over the top.

    You got the device that you prefer and that's fine. I'm not saying everybody must get a TouchPad or Pre3 or Veer or any webos device. If thinner is a killer differentiator for you then that's that.

    But I am saying that individual preferences differ and I do not believe that for most potential customers a small difference in thickness (it's not like TP is doubly thick after all) is a big deal compared to real (I believe) features like Flash and multi-tasking (or apps). Flash is not equally important to everybody. I don't even like it much. But it is still part of many web sites. And depending on what sites one is using most it can be a big deal. When you sit at a table and want to use a web site that uses flash - how important are a few mm of thickness of the tablet lying on the table. Even if you hold it in hand weight - not thickness is the problem.

    All IMHO of course. :-)

    I totally agree that removing the gesture area was a needless mistake by HP. The bezel area is there anyway. Hard to believe that it would make a big difference in cost (if any) to have it available for *optional* gesture use. That was a fumble. It's fine that they added controls for non-gesture use - but that's no reason to not keep the additional gestures available. To relinquish that feature to RIMs Playbook unchallenged was stupid IMHO.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    cobrakon likes this.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Note: TP has yet to have an ereader. Kindle app isnt up yet, and even then that won't read all ePub files. And PDF viewer is still slow and bare bones. This will turn off some people, or at least disappoint.
    I know that the kindle isn't out yet - but it'll be there shortly.

    If I decide on a tablet - my decision is based on what I'll have available over the next couple of years. I won't get another tablet just because one is without kindle for the first month. Well - I would if all else would be equal of course.

    But to have never flash and likely no multi-tasking for the lifetime of the device (assumed to be 2 years in practice) on the one hand and and not yet the kindle app on the other hand seems like an easy decision to me.

    Your mileage will vary.

    In my thinking a laptop/desktop without multi-tasking is close to unusable.
    At the other end multi-tasking on a smartphone is nice - but not a killer feature for most.
    A tablet obviously lies in between those extremes. Multi-tasking is not quite the necessity it is on a laptop - but at the same time much more useful compared to a smartphone.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    lukehale likes this.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    I- but it's not a religion.
    Thank you...since we now KNOW that many Apple fans do consider owning an Apple product as a religion...after all brain MRI's have shown that the portion of the brain that deals with religion and spirituality also fires up for many Apple Fans.

    Which doesn't surprise me...every time I have posted anything even mildly critical of Apple many of the *******/girls make negative postings or PM's to me...as if I wrote the article....

    Does make me wonder what happens when and if Steve Jobs decides he isn't coming back to Apple or decides someday to retire...

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Thank you...since we now KNOW that many Apple fans do consider owning an Apple product as a religion...after all brain MRI's have shown that the portion of the brain that deals with religion and spirituality also fires up for many Apple Fans.

    Which doesn't surprise me...every time I have posted anything even mildly critical of Apple many of the *******/girls make negative postings or PM's to me...as if I wrote the article....

    Does make me wonder what happens when and if Steve Jobs decides he isn't coming back to Apple or decides someday to retire...

    Take care,

    Jay
    You could say the same of Android or webOS users, really. People feel a strong affiliation to the things they like.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You could say the same of Android or webOS users, really. People feel a strong affiliation to the things they like.
    Hi,

    there is a huge difference between having has you put it a "strong affiliation to the things they like", and people who berate me and others for posting an article which by the way we didn't write, which is critical of their favorite company....

    Being loyal to a firm and making a religion are two different things....however it's never wrong to be critical in a constructive manner...it is however wrong to say to people...posting an article critical of Apple or any other firm doesn't make me wrong or public enemy!

    BTW I don't dislike Apple or it's products, I do dislike the bullying by Apple Fans of others opinion....I also don't like the fact that for years Apple claimed MS was a bully, now they are showing the same antisocial behavior that they were critical of when MS was doing it.

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  17. #37  
    webos is half baked, but it does have a really nice ui
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

    there is a huge difference between having has you put it a "strong affiliation to the things they like", and people who berate me and others for posting an article which by the way we didn't write, which is critical of their favorite company....

    Being loyal to a firm and making a religion are two different things....however it's never wrong to be critical in a constructive manner...it is however wrong to say to people...posting an article critical of Apple or any other firm doesn't make me wrong or public enemy!

    BTW I don't dislike Apple or it's products, I do dislike the bullying by Apple Fans of others opinion....I also don't like the fact that for years Apple claimed MS was a bully, now they are showing the same antisocial behavior that they were critical of when MS was doing it.

    Take care,

    Jay
    I think some people object to your editorializing, not the news you post. You certainly have a right to your opinion, but I've witnessed a handful of occasions where you were politely corrected about something but you still repeated the same claim later on.

    I wouldn't take it that seriously though. It's just tech and toys, in the end.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    The title of the article is "5 missing features which restrict HP TP's transformation into an iPad killer". Everything not listed should be assumed to be an advantage over iPad.

    Most of this list are arguably not neccessarily missing "required" features. However, when you price the device the same as an iPad2, but offer less content (no rear facing camera, regardless if you use it or not, the camera back there has value), less optimatization (depending on your tolerance and perception of lag), and less than cutting edge hardware (I know its the same size as an iPad1, if this was a year ago that would be fine, the bar has been raised).
    Well the back of the touchpad had inductive charging which the ipad2 doesn't have. So I'd say thats a good trade off for not having a crappy rear camera that takes worse pictures than a 25 dollar jobby at walmart. So i guess the 1.2 Dual core CPU, 1 Gig of Ram, and stereo speakers with beats audio is inferior to the ipad2? Oh wait, guess the reviewers must have forgotten about those features. So where the ipad2 is INFERIOR is lack of inductive charging, lack of stereo speakers, lack of beats audio, lack of 1GB memory, and lack of a 1.2 Ghz CPU. Also a lack of brain cells for those so called professional reviewers who seem to value opinion over objectivity. Lack of apps? Compared to who Apple? Why don't they mention Android or Playbook? Oops. guess they weren't smart enough to mention those platforms lack of tablet apps.
    cobrakon likes this.
  20. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Wow... What updat did the iPad have for HDMI video??.. Oh right.. The one that says BUY AN ADAPTER =P ...

    You don't know that an HDMI adapter isn't in the works for the TP..



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

    And you don't know one is, which is the point.

    At this moment video out is a no on the TP. That may change, but theres no inidcatio that will be the case at this moment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions