Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Alright site. Good selection of shows, but the video player and quality can be sporadic. At least they give the option to download the file (at least on the one I tested).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    This reminds of the days of Free Dialup. There were many, but few worked well, but everyone scrambled.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you buy a PlayOn license, you can watch all of those sites from one location. Love it!

Click to view quoted image
    PlayOn used to require a tether to a separate device (i.e. PC) somewhere in order for it to work. And it required $.
    Does it now work when travelling, with the TP on its on just connected to wifi? Those are the links I am interested in. (oh yeah and free stuff).
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    PlayOn used to require a tether to a separate device (i.e. PC) somewhere in order for it to work. And it required $.
    Does it now work when travelling, with the TP on its on just connected to wifi? Those are the links I am interested in. (oh yeah and free stuff).
    Playon requires you to leave your PC on (at least when I tried it), and it costs 4.99 month. It works when traveling via the mobile website.
    I am looking for alternatives other than Hulu and Netflix where you can stream movies and TV shows.

Also are there sites from which you can download movies for free that I can load up on my TouchPad? I am not interested in torrents. Just good old fashioned download with no strings attached.
    The HP MovieStore doesn't seem to be working on my TP. And when it did,the selection was awful. Hence my OP.
    I download movies from icefilms.info directly onto my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I wish someone could port XBMC over so we could stream from icefilms...
    I went to icefilms.info on my TP and tried clicking on the download button and nothing happens.

Do I need to install a patch or something first to make the download work? What am I missing?
    Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series has some full length movies as TV shows, all free.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I use ch131.com
    <threads merged>
    Is it legal to download movies from icefilms.info?
    sidereel.com (for finding tv episodes)
    vidxden.com (from sidereel.com)
    videobb.com (from sidereel.com)
    megavideo.com (from sidereel.com)
    wisevid.com (from sidereel.com)

Just from some episode watching last night
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    There is a free trial of PlayOn--all the regular features--it lasts either a week or two weeks before it expires. If you like it and want to buy a license, it is much cheaper to get either the yearly or the lifetime license.

The first year for PlayOn is $39.99 but you can usually find it for $19.99 with a promotion of some type. Each year after that is $19.99...unless you bought the lifetime license to begin with--often you can find that on sale, too.

There is a way to set up mobile access outside your own home--I've just been too lazy to do it. However, get the free trial and see if it works for you.
    Can we get of collection of everybody's collection of sites on dec's initial post and update it as we find more stuff. I know we could just read the posts, but I feel most won't, and some of these sites that work will get lost in the collection of posts.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    TV Classics on CBS: Watch Episodes and Video and Join the Ultimate Fan Community - CBS.com has some good stuff (depending on your taste)

Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Can we get of collection of everybody's collection of sites on dec's initial post and update it as we find more stuff. I know we could just read the posts, but I feel most won't, and some of these sites that work will get lost in the collection of posts.

I second this. Maybe a mod or op can update the first post in this topic, so there is a convenient list right at the top of the first page
    Maybe we need to separate into categories: standalone (like hulu or Crackle), or tethered (like PlayOn), paid or free, all in a nifty Matrix. Maybe OP or someone can compile all of it
    I don't have it organized, but here are a few links http://bit.ly/vV7hq4
    I just bookmarked them to my launcher.
    Last edited by gergev; 11/29/2011 at 08:50 AM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast